Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #1001
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't just sit there and watch, I was back combing through the thread seeing if something about Devo jumped out at me. I did not think it was worth the wasted time to post that I was going back to look at Devo given the time crunch, and I would periodically go back and refresh the page to see where we were at.

You're raking me over the coals for not explaining that I was looking back at Devo during the time crunch, and not giving in so there was no tie. I can be at peace with my decision to vote DropIt even though he flipped town, I came to that decision after looking back at how the game went not a panic vote on someone at the deadline that I thought wasn't the last Oiler.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #1002
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

HG - this back and forth is good. I'm seeing your point of view better, though I can't completely agree with everything you are saying.

I feel like we are just getting nowhere right now and is frustrating. Deadline is tonight and there is zero consensus on where votes are going.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:22 PM   #1003
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm off work due to semester break this week, so I might be on a bit longer today. Will do a longer post later.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #1004
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
HG - this back and forth is good. I'm seeing your point of view better, though I can't completely agree with everything you are saying.

I feel like we are just getting nowhere right now and is frustrating. Deadline is tonight and there is zero consensus on where votes are going.
I 100% agree about the frustration. Ideally we will have some direction (regardless if I'm the vote) before I go home at 4 today, I won't be on until after bedtime/my chores are done and I would rather not have another panic deadline.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #1005
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

As of this moment the only thing I am really confident with is that WinnipegFan is a Flames fan. It doesn't make sense to me that the Oilers fan would come in vote for a tie, then almost succeed in bullying people onto another vote.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #1006
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

so here's my thoughts on everyone right now. Maybe it triggers discussion, maybe you think it's a load of bullcrap, maybe it puts heat on me. But if it does, you at least won't try to lynch me without me posting my thoughts first this time

DropIt accused me of flip-flopping a bit these past few days, and he's right. The truth is that with this game being a.) a vanilla set-up and b.) pretty slow without a ton of action, there's really not a lot to base your feelings on. And guess what, impressions can change when you re-read stuff (especially once players are cardflipped). I feel the way this game has been going these past few days has benefitted the last Oiler tremendously. A torn town, slow play, late panic moves. Let the town pick itself apart, right? It needs to change at some point, we need to turn this around.

SCORNFIRE

why he's a Flame: was the deciding vote on Bonded on day 1. I just don't see how that vote would have been a good strategy for mafia on day 1 (unless they thought they still had time to shift blame later that day, but that's risky), voting agulati would have made way more sense. Has been active and made good points along the way I thought.

why he's an Oiler: has sat back today, which makes sense for mafia when the town is split like that. Hasn't been nightkilled despite giving most of us a town feeling. Is a new player and GGG made a point about not killing new players.

WINNIPEGFAN

why he's a Flame: has revenge-voted and picked fights along the way - not exactly an ideal town strategy here, but would be too risky if you want to stay under the radar. As is daring a player to outvote himself, by the way.

why he's an Oiler: unnecessarily set up GGGs suicide on day 2. Is a new player and GGG made a point about not killing new players.

Said it before, I don't like his play a lot but there's obviously a steep learning curve in this game.

MRKAJZ44

why he's a Flame:
has been active these past few days, more a driver than a passenger (at least that's the impression I get). There was a past game where I was convinced he was mafia (and he was), this feels different somehow. But that's more gut feeling than anything else.

why he's an Oiler: the only player left who hasn't voted for one of the two Oilers. That can happen for a number of reasons, obviously. Had a heavy hand in setting up a tie on day 5.

PUXLUT

why she's a Flame: voted for Bonded on day 1. Here vote was the 4th on him, setting up a three-way tie with agulati and Scornfire with 3 votes to go. If she's mafia, then that's a really weird play. Voting either agulati or Scornfire in that situation would have been an easy play.

why she's an Oiler: I don't have a whole lot here, to be honest. She seems to sit back and fly under the radar a bit, but that might just be my impression again. Didn't break a tie on day 5, but I can't really hold it against her that she wasn't going to be bullied into a vote.

HOCKEYGUY15

why he's a Flame: was on the GGG train on day 2. Obviously not impossible, especially given he's an experienced player. But after losing an Oiler on day 1, it's a risky play for sure.

why he's an Oiler: very good and experienced player, but hasn't been nightkilled. I suspected this could be a ploy by the remaining Oiler to get him killed, but it was DropIt who raised the question and it's still a legit one. Didn't break a tie on day 5, but I can't really hold it against him that he wasn't going to be bullied into a vote.

-----

after re-reading all that stuff, I think HG makes sense. He and GGG have been in cahoots before (was it the Genius game?) and on day 1 they almost try too hard to separate from each other. GGG even throws a vote at him. Hockeyguy then asks really early on whether we should give the mod tips on who to investigate. Then their votes sit on different players - but too bad, the Bonded train is in motion and they can't help their mafia buddy without raising suspicions. Knowing that GGG probably can't be saved, they separate even further on day 2. HG as the proxy can't get outed (and they take down the mod with GGGs fake reveal, anyway) and gets town cred. It's a long play, but if they feel GGG is doomed then it's the only one they have in that situation. The nightkills make sense and point to an experienced player as well IMO. The last one is a bit curious, but there's probably worse ideas than offing the one who was close to being lynched anyway. Why give town more info than they need, right?

I'm thinking town in regards to Scornfire and WinnipegFan. Not 100% sure about the others, but HG is my pick at this point.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #1007
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

vote: Hockeyguy15
Old 02-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #1008
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I only got through day 2 on my re-read today unfortunately, and if I'm being completely honest re-read after re-read is starting to blend together. Might as well do a longer post now since it will be easier than doing it on my phone near the deadline.

I will say that my initial theory of GGG being with two rookies likely is incorrect at this point and that coupled with the fact the I seem to have been on peoples radar from time to time is probably why I am still here today.

As I mentioned WinnipegFan's play at the deadline has pretty much made me believe he is a Flames Fan. He hasn't done much to help us this game, but I don't believe it would be an Oiler play to be so forceful at the deadline last night. Do us a favour for the rest of the game and be less confrontational, bring evidence to the table.

Scornfire could be the Oiler Fan but it would be a small chance and really should only be explored for the end game. I would consider him a Flames Fan for the next bit. Other than day 1 I think you've played a good game, it would be nice if you could come around more than you did today.

After going back and looking it seems that mrkajz and I wind up on similar lists for people, I'm sure if that is by his design or just coincidence. I didn't like his deadline play of voting for me, then saying he wanted the vote on WinnipegFan, then voting for Devo, then voting for Puxlut. It's possible he is the Oilers fan, I would look at this tomorrow during your reading.

Puxlut has really done anything helpful for us, but that's constant with her game. If you're town you are going to need to step up going forward. Voting for someone out of spite and then not doing any leg work isn't going to win us this game.

Devo if I'm being honest I don't really remember much of your play one way or another. When I was looking at your posts at the deadline nothing stood out for me that really made me believe you were the Oiler, but nothing could make me strongly believe you were a Flames fan either.

I really think people need to go back and spend some time re-reading, it seems like everyone is getting a little burned out but now is the final push so you need to pick up the slack. The less you do the easier it is for the last Oiler to coast.

This isn't my last post, I'll come back before the deadline to answer any questions people have I would be willing to consider a vote for mrkajz, puxlut, or devo but not without solid reasoning. I would rather go down and give you that info going forward than save my own bacon.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:28 PM   #1009
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quality post by Devo and I think it highlights a really good point. With the game being vanilla, the mod gone, and the most confirmed townies banned, each player can be seen as Flames or Oilers depending on your filter. This post is a great example - I sometimes think Devo is Oilers, but then he comes up with this solid post and now I'm not so sure.

I still like the HG move today and with 2 votes now we will have a ban at the deadline. I encourage Pux and Winnipeg to stop looking only at each other and see if they can contribute further past just throwing posts back and forth between the two of them.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:28 PM   #1010
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

PUXLUT
Day 1: crazy_eoj, Bonded
Day 2: -
Day 3: mrkajz44, crazy_eoj
Day 4: SebC

This is why I am suspicious of Pux, it has nothing to do with casting stones. She gave herself a smokescreen day 1 by voting Bonded. Then day 2 GGG throws suspicion her way before he is found out. She never votes....... very strange. After that it is all town. Then she slinks in the shadows throughout the rest of the game until she is called out. This was my theory for targeting her the last night, which was enhanced when she came out against a tie where she claimed both people where town (her belief) but that a tie was a dick move, offered no other target and simply voted me. This lacks logic why would it be a dick move to, in her words, stoping two towns people from being lynched. Then, she targets me out of spite, now I know I haven't played as well as I will now that I understand the game further, but this screams oiler to me. I also think if she has a history of lurking and the organizer had to mix things up with the number of new people, if you need an Oiler Troll her game play in previous games (according to what others have said) sets her up as an obvious choice for that role, where she is experienced but not one of the stronger players. It would balance the teams nicely. So with all of this I still stand by my vote but I will not be interjecting at the end of today as I have no strong feelings either way for HG.However, I don't like it being said that I am just voting for Pux out of spite, I read a tonne the last night to come to this conclusion and her behaviour reinforced it for me.

That being said she has not justified one iota why she is voting for me other than out spite or because I forced a tie that according to her was saving two people she did not believe were oiler.
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #1011
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven’t really suspected puxlut at all, possibly because of previous games with her I don’t expect her to post much or contribute long posts with back up. If she is the Oiler I’m not sure why she wouldn’t just take the free vote on DropIt last night.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #1012
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Having said that I’m not voting for a tie, I don’t think we were that productive today since we were focused on that last 30 minutes yesterday instead of looking back and trying to connect the dots.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:22 PM   #1013
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

No one around again huh?
Old 02-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #1014
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did you know Puxlut has the 3rd highest amount of posts?
Old 02-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #1015
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I agree HG not trying to pull for a tie it’s wanted to explain my vote. However, if you were setting up this game with so many new players and needed someone who would be a good Oiler troll wouldn’t her playing style be ideal smokescreen? Again as I said I am happy to let tonight play out but wanted to defend my voting. Day one was a revenge vote but otherwise I have produced my theories.
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #1016
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going to shovel, be back in like 15.

Puxlut if you’re here can you give me your run down of the people left?
Old 02-11-2019, 07:36 PM   #1017
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

WinnipegFan you’re here, if you’re wrong about puxlut where do you think we should go from there?
Old 02-11-2019, 08:05 PM   #1018
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 hours to go. Scornfire I would sure like to hear your thoughts.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #1019
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah - Scorn just disappearing makes this tougher. Haven't heard much out of Pux either. I know real life gets in the way but that doesn't make it less frustrating

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2019, 08:33 PM   #1020
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don’t suppose you have anything you want me to answer?