Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #21
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I'd love taveras, but looking at the needs of the ilse, and what we have to offer, it's going to be tough.

They need a goalie prospect, so Gilles.
They will need a centre, so backlund.
They need to sell it to their fanbase, so hamilton.

Well, alright.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:31 PM   #22
NewFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hamilton, Bennett and Gillies for Karlsson.
NewFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:32 PM   #23
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:
icon57

Brodie + Shink + F. Hamilton to DET
Mantha + 4th Pick to CGY
genetic_phreek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to genetic_phreek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #24
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_phreek View Post
Brodie + Shink + F. Hamilton to DET
Mantha + 4th Pick to CGY
Jesus....
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 05:51 PM   #25
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used a random number generator from 1-31 to select from a list of the teams in alphabetical order. I then generated a number from 1-99 to select a player from each team. My result:

The Dallas Stars trade Devin Shore to the St Louis Blues for Vince Dunn.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:47 PM   #26
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am crappy at ginning up trade proposals, but I believe what the Flames could use as part of a trade is not more grit, character, sandpaper or whatever term you want. But another high end offensive player. You get those other guys in minor deals, FA pickups or best yet, develop your own.

So guys like Tavares and Karlsson intrigue me but they will cost a lot. But if you want to contend for the Stanley Cup, that is what this team will need IMO and there is not any such developing player in the organization currently.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #27
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
To Ottawa

Matt Stajan (only for salary purposes)
Morgan Klimchuk
Hunter Smith (or similar lower tier prospect)

To Calgary

Jean Gabriel Pageau

The Flames get a quality depth player to go along with the other guys in the organization. Pageau's only 25 and can play up and down the line up and is versatile as both a C and RW. Shoots right also. Makes 3.1 million, so sending Stajan equals out the contracts for this season, although I think the Flames could work it out without needing to move Stajan (Versteeg to the IR + cap space would mean the team could add him without being over the cap)
I would do that10X over.

Ottawa would not.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:22 PM   #28
Krynn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

To to the Islanders
Autograph Curtis Dickerson Roughnecks Jersey 4 lacrosse balls, Ryan Getzlaf autograph Hitmen Jersey,
6 water bottles plus we pay for the Coke machine in the locker room for one year. And we get John Tavares then he signs for 6.5 million for 6 years which piss's off Garth " I can't believe they made made me the GM" Snow .snow then goes on to tv and announces that he fleeced Calgary in the deal .
Krynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:33 PM   #29
Krynn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I wouldn't mind taken a chance at maybe Wayne Simmonds
The Following User Says Thank You to Krynn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #30
Krynn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think JT would cost us both johnny and sean + a couple of picks
Old 12-12-2017, 09:54 PM   #31
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krynn View Post
I think JT would cost us both johnny and sean + a couple of picks
That's ridiculous
Kipper_3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kipper_3434 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #32
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Stajan + 6th + 7th + future considerations for Tavares.

The locker room presence can't be understated.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:11 PM   #33
jessnuts
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I used a random number generator from 1-31 to select from a list of the teams in alphabetical order. I then generated a number from 1-99 to select a player from each team. My result:

The Dallas Stars trade Devin Shore to the St Louis Blues for Vince Dunn.
I thought this sounded fun. I got Montreal trading Daniel Carr to The Islanders for Johnny Boychuk.
jessnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jessnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #34
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Nylander for Eichel. Nylander's brother plays for the Sabres and Eichel is American. Matthews is American too so it makes sense.

Tkachuk for Leo Komarov and Roman Polak and a conditional 4th round pick. Leo Komarov and Polak provide some much needed testicular pugnacity for the enfeebled Flames roster. Flames are able to rid themselves of the problem-child Tkachuk. Tkachuk is American and so is Matthews so it makes sense.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:22 PM   #35
Krynn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper_3434 View Post
That's ridiculous
I agree but this is Garth Snow where talking about .i think he would be asking for ridiculous offers from everyone in the league
Old 12-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #36
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krynn View Post
I wouldn't mind taken a chance at maybe Wayne Simmonds
This here is the guy we should be targeting, not Kane. Kane is a cancer, whereas Wayne appears to be nothing but class and gritty.

It likely takes a 1st, prospect +, but worth it if you are going all in this year and next.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #37
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

i started the exercise of going thru all the teams that seem likely to be sellers, and thinking up some trades for upcoming UFAs, as well as some players that teams may listen on.

The game became less fun when determing what the flames would be willing to give up. Given that they feel that this team is rounding into form, i doubt they are willing to move anything off the current roster that is worth anything (stajan, brouwer, f. hamilton aren't going anywhere).

We have no 1st round pick or 2nd round pick this coming draft, have no 2nd round pick (or 3rd round pick for that matter) the following year.

After that, the only currency we hold is in prospects. I don't think there's any real blue-chippers in the system. Though there are guys that would in our:
1) top tier that i doubt the team is willing to move - Valimaki, Fox, Parsons, Dube
2) B prospects (most likely assets to be used, but their worth is likely minimal) - Gilles, Mangiapane, Andersson, phillips
3) C prospects (again, even lesser value, given that almost every team has these guys already marinating in their system) - Wotherspoon, Kylington, Poirier, klimchuk, foo,
4) the rest..... - Smith, Macdonald, Shinkaruk, everybody else?

Given that the flames limited 1st/2nd picks in the next 2 drafts, i'd be extremely weary of trading anything from group 1 (maybe 2??). I just don't think players in groups 2-4 are anything more than typical throw ins in most deals.

That leaves me thinking the flames either make a hockey trade (ie. get an NHLer and send out a current NHLer) which seems extremely unlikely scenario. Or they stay real damn quiet come deadline.

The only other thing that could happen is that the flames hit a bump and start to struggle, in which case the flames are much more likely to shake up the guys on the NHL roster.

I think there is a sure thing big flames trade coming at the draft/offseason. I think one of Hamilton/Brodie/Hamonic/Stone are moved. I just don't think it makes sense to do something that drastic to the defense, especially now that they seem to have figured out how to play defense.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #38
Salt Water Cowboy #10
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
This here is the guy we should be targeting, not Kane. Kane is a cancer, whereas Wayne appears to be nothing but class and gritty.

It likely takes a 1st, prospect +, but worth it if you are going all in this year and next.
Agreed! Love his game. Not sure why the flyers would trade him though
Salt Water Cowboy #10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #39
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
i started the exercise of going thru all the teams that seem likely to be sellers, and thinking up some trades for upcoming UFAs, as well as some players that teams may listen on.

The game became less fun when determing what the flames would be willing to give up. Given that they feel that this team is rounding into form, i doubt they are willing to move anything off the current roster that is worth anything (stajan, brouwer, f. hamilton aren't going anywhere).

We have no 1st round pick or 2nd round pick this coming draft, have no 2nd round pick (or 3rd round pick for that matter) the following year.

After that, the only currency we hold is in prospects. I don't think there's any real blue-chippers in the system. Though there are guys that would in our:
1) top tier that i doubt the team is willing to move - Valimaki, Fox, Parsons, Dube
2) B prospects (most likely assets to be used, but their worth is likely minimal) - Gilles, Mangiapane, Andersson, phillips
3) C prospects (again, even lesser value, given that almost every team has these guys already marinating in their system) - Wotherspoon, Kylington, Poirier, klimchuk, foo,
4) the rest..... - Smith, Macdonald, Shinkaruk, everybody else?

Given that the flames limited 1st/2nd picks in the next 2 drafts, i'd be extremely weary of trading anything from group 1 (maybe 2??). I just don't think players in groups 2-4 are anything more than typical throw ins in most deals.

That leaves me thinking the flames either make a hockey trade (ie. get an NHLer and send out a current NHLer) which seems extremely unlikely scenario. Or they stay real damn quiet come deadline.

The only other thing that could happen is that the flames hit a bump and start to struggle, in which case the flames are much more likely to shake up the guys on the NHL roster.

I think there is a sure thing big flames trade coming at the draft/offseason. I think one of Hamilton/Brodie/Hamonic/Stone are moved. I just don't think it makes sense to do something that drastic to the defense, especially now that they seem to have figured out how to play defense.
This is part of the reason why I don't think we can go after a high end offensive player like Kane or Neal or JVR and etc. We just don't have the assets to compete with other teams right now. We burned tons of picks on Hamonic, Lazar and Mike Smith, so those are our 'big' moves. I think the pro scouts in our organization need to think outside the box here. Less big name hunting and more diamonds in the rough. If Vegas can find like 20 of them, surely we can find one who won't cost an arm and a leg.

If anyone remembers that Kristian Huselius trade that Sutter made 10 years ago, or Chiarelli's trade for Patrick Maroon a couple seasons ago, that's the kind of move I think we need.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #40
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brodie and Gillies for Hayes and McDonough.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote