Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #1
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default The Retro (Part I): Kerry Fraser on No good Diving Oilers (my headline not theirs)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl...zky/ar-BBGEwjp

interesting read. especially like the part about Gretzky. Oilers no good whiners and divers right from very beginning

"(Flyers netminder) Pelle Lindbergh caught the puck. I blew the whistle, killed the play. Wayne was standing behind the net, in his office. After I blew the whistle, he jumped in the air, threw his hands out one way, his feet out the other way, and boom - did a belly flop on the ice.

Bobby Clarke skated over to him with no teeth and said, "Get up, Gretzky, you (expletive) baby." I said, "Wayne, what are you doing? There was nobody within 15 feet of you." And Wayne said, "You wouldn't haven't called it anyway. You haven't called a (expletive) thing all night."

E=NG from the beginning!

Last edited by MacDaddy77; 12-12-2017 at 11:28 AM.
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MacDaddy77 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think there is a large segment of Leafs fans who still hate Fraser for not calling Gretzky for that high stick on Doug Gilmour back in the '93 playoffs.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will always hate him too.

Game 4 of the finals where he gave the Lightning a 5-3 two minutes into the game, and they happened to score the only goal of the night.

Was the only finals game I went to that season and it ruined the whole game IMO.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 11:08 PM   #4
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I will always hate him too.

Game 4 of the finals where he gave the Lightning a 5-3 two minutes into the game, and they happened to score the only goal of the night.

Was the only finals game I went to that season and it ruined the whole game IMO.
He called the legit penalty, and the first one on the play. It was the other ref that called the junk second penalty from the neutral zone. But Fraser was the most recognizable, maybe he announced it (though cant recall if refs announced calls in game yet or that was post lockout) and thus got the entire blame.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote