Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
thefanblogger
Lifetime Suspension at User's Request

Exp:
Default day 3 prospect camp group a

DAY 4 PROSPECTS CAMP

First of all I am going to try to have a small write up on every prospect except Boyd; he is not really a prospect. I want to apologize for some criticism just commenting on how they played not the person.

GROUP A

FORWARDS

75 John Armstrong

I actually saw some light at the end of the tunnel for Armstrong. His skating and passing picked up today. He made some huge improvements moving the puck around. His passing was excellent, needs to get more consistent. Today was the first day I have noticed him. Armstrong made some great shots today, picking the corners on the goalies.

74 Hugo Carpentier

Hugo had a pretty good day today. His speed was excellent, and his shot has to be more accurate.. I love this kid Hugo he has a huge upside.

62 Kris Chucko

Kris had a rough day today, he was fighting with the puck. Still love his shot but has to get it off quicker. Chucko needs to stop fighting the puck, start having fun he looks to tight on the ice.

73 Ryley Grantham

Ryley is still rough around the edges, but had a great camp day. Made some great passes and scored some nice shots. I still think, he has a lot of potential but not quite there yet. Grantham is an average skater, and has some good puck skills.

58 Nick Larson

Nick really has a quick shot needs to get it more accurate. If he can improve his accuracy has potential to become a player. Nick has great speed, and his puck control is adequate. Nick made a couple of great shots

48. Greg Nemisz

Greg had mostlya sup par day today. Greg was fighting the puck, struggling to keep the puck under control. His speed was still excellent. I still think Greg will be a Nhler some day.
72. C.J. Severyn

Didn’t really stand out today but on the other hand didn’t stink either. C.J. made a few good passes and I distinctly remembered making a perfect shot. Middle prospect, could grow into a solid I prospect. I think I need to see him more to make an accurate assessment.

52 Mitch wahl

I can not say enough good things about this kid, Mitch is a solid prospect. Mitch has an enormous wrist shot. His blazing speed, combined with his heart more than makes up for his lack of size. Remember the name Mitch Wahl because he will make Flames smile for years to come.

DEFENSE

67 Gord Baldwin

Gord Continues to shine, I love his skating, he is a smooth skater. He has another good day passing the puck, up and down the ice. I love his size; he uses it to his advantage.

66. T. J. Brodie

Brodie was better today I like his improvement with the puck. Brodie seemed to settle down today and play with confidence. Pretty good skater, has to work with his body, and become stronger.

49. Brad Cole

Brad has grown since last season he has become a sold blue liner. His skating has been terrific and has improved his puck control. Brad was in the final three in the keep away puck drill.

John Negrin

Beginning to see what Sutter sees in him. John had his best day out there today, he showed mark improvement in his skating. His passing still might need some work but I really think he can be a solid defensemen.
thefanblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
Flame4Ever
RIP Mickey

Exp:

I've always been a fan of Mitch Wahl as a late first round pick. I think the Scott Gomez comparisons I've been hearing aren't that off the mark. Really smart player that I think may be number 2 right now in our prospect pool behind Backlund.
Still not a fan of the Nemisz pick, I think Calgary would have been bettter off getting John Carlsson who went one spot after. Now that they're both in the same league, I'll be able to see them go head to head a few times a year.
I like what I'm hearing about Brad Cole though. I would really love it if he could carve himself out a Dan Girardi type career.
Also like Carpentier 2 way potential. Always useful to have a guy who plays with a little edge, knows where his own zone is and can find the back of the net from time to time.

Edit: Thanks for taking the time to do these, being in another province makes it tough to come and watch

Last edited by Flame4Ever; 07-23-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Flame4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote