Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #41
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Renewed for playoffs and going to think long and hard about next season.

These have been steep increases two years in a row with a failing economy and one bad team. Even with a good team it hasn't been easy to sell at all this season.
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:36 PM   #42
Lord Carnage
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgydom88 View Post
He was confused with Red2's... (Rows 5-10). Those are seeing an 11%+. Whites/Blues are the same section and only get a 4% increase it appears.

You sure about the Red2's being 11%+? Mine are only seeing 5.9%.
Lord Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #43
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
They are just getting you guys acclimated for the new stadium.
Nah, they figure if they can get the base ticket price up before then, the inevitable 40-50% one-year increase (with 3 year commitment!) will be more actual dollars.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:50 PM   #44
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hope I can afford season tickets some day, some of the prices in this thread are unfathomable lol

Last edited by Hey Connor, It's Mess; 02-14-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hey Connor, It's Mess For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2019, 09:47 PM   #45
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm almost certainly going to renew mine. I went through to see the payment options, and had to agree to the terms and conditions, so I decided to read them. This one seemed like it was new, and it was the very last one.

Quote:
Flames Easy Pay: With the purchase of a season ticket, the Season Ticket Holder agrees to enter into the automatic renewal process known as Flames Easy Pay. Through this process, the Season Ticket Holder will have their season tickets automatically renewed for the upcoming season each March 15th, until such time as they choose to opt-out of their season ticket(s) in accordance with the procedures set forth in this Agreement.
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #46
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Ironically, thanks to this season's price jumps, I'm actually spending less overall. The increase in ticket prices - both for this season and next - is easily offset by the fact that I rarely eat food at the Dome anymore.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #47
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Ironically, thanks to this season's price jumps, I'm actually spending less overall. The increase in ticket prices - both for this season and next - is easily offset by the fact that I rarely eat food at the Dome anymore.
The last time I ordered a burger during intermission, I didn't have it until the next period was 75% over. I literally missed a quarter of the game waiting for a fast food burger.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:01 PM   #48
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
The last time I ordered a burger during intermission, I didn't have it until the next period was 75% over. I literally missed a quarter of the game waiting for a fast food burger.
You're either doing something very wrong with how you navigate the world or you are grossly exaggerating.

Last edited by RM14; 02-15-2019 at 01:05 PM.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RM14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #49
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
You're either doing something very wrong with how you navigate the world or you are grossly exaggerating.
They can be stupid slow at those stands. Basically, if there is anything approaching a line, I wouldn't bother.

It helps that the burgers are absolute garbage this year. Which is one of the big reasons why I spend a lot less on food. The other being that they don't serve small nachos in the 300 level.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #50
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

[QUOTE=Resolute 14;6991771]
It helps that the burgers are absolute garbage this year. Which is one of the big reasons why I spend a lot less on food. /QUOTE]

Ya I agree with this. I've had 2 this season, and so very dry both times it was hard to finish.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #51
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm surprised to hear how hard a time people are having re-selling tickets. I think I must be having a unique experience, granted my tickets are some of the cheapest options before going up to the Press Level, so maybe that's the difference.

Every game I haven't been able to go to, I've been able to sell every ticket, granted I've only asked for the "face value" price, but that's still more than my cost. I've done so just through the Flames re-sell process. And it's not like I've been giving up premium games.......they've all been during the week, against mostly what I'd call less than exciting opposition.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #52
EuKnoLikeMonny
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I renewed, however I am in first 3 rows of PL and have no trouble selling the other 25-30 games I go to (sell most of the premium ones). If I was not in PL 1-3, I would not have renewed but the value is too good for now.
EuKnoLikeMonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:40 PM   #53
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
I'm surprised to hear how hard a time people are having re-selling tickets. I think I must be having a unique experience, granted my tickets are some of the cheapest options before going up to the Press Level, so maybe that's the difference.

Every game I haven't been able to go to, I've been able to sell every ticket, granted I've only asked for the "face value" price, but that's still more than my cost. I've done so just through the Flames re-sell process. And it's not like I've been giving up premium games.......they've all been during the week, against mostly what I'd call less than exciting opposition.
Where do you sit?

My experience has been selling any game at cost (other than 3-4 teams) is impossible on CP. My seats are Whites, Sec 224 Row 16.

I have success on other sites/mediums but that's still typically barely at cost.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #54
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
They could also order food to their seat using the app. Food lines in general are pretty easy if you stay away from the most heavily trafficked areas. I only see long lines for pocket dogs and ice cream.
ST20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #55
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think either of those are true. The time part is absolutely true - I was watching, because I was annoyed.

I bought it at the end of intermission. I'm not sure what they were doing, but I think they missed the order initially, because when asked what the progress was 5-6 minutes later the worker went to the back and came back apologizing that they were working on it. My guess is they weren't working on it until then, and they had to start from frozen.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #56
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule_kipper34 View Post
Where do you sit?

My experience has been selling any game at cost (other than 3-4 teams) is impossible on CP. My seats are Whites, Sec 224 Row 16.

I have success on other sites/mediums but that's still typically barely at cost.
I'm guessing he's in greens. They are much easier given their price point (about half STH cost as whites). Also the saddle dome seating chart is weird when you compare to all other arenas as other arenas place a premium on seats closer to centre ice. Since you are close to the corner you compete with dead centre whites and the cheaper seats in the corner. Whites dead centre should not cost the same as whites in the corners or sides based on demand.
The Following User Says Thank You to ST20 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #57
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST20 View Post
I'm guessing he's in greens. They are much easier given their price point (about half STH cost as whites). Also the saddle dome seating chart is weird when you compare to all other arenas as other arenas place a premium on seats closer to centre ice. Since you are close to the corner you compete with dead centre whites and the cheaper seats in the corner. Whites dead centre should not cost the same as whites in the corners or sides based on demand.
Agreed.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #58
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule_kipper34 View Post
Agreed.
It kind of sucks because I would prefer 224 than dead centre (given the same rows) because I think dead centre gives you a decent view on both sides while sitting closer to the corner gives you a great view on one side and an okay view at the other.

Buyers just see dead centre and they automatically prefer it for some reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to ST20 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #59
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It kind of sucks because I would prefer 224 than dead centre (given the same rows) because I think dead centre gives you a decent view on both sides while sitting closer to the corner gives you a great view on one side and an okay view at the other.

Buyers just see dead centre and they automatically prefer it for some reason.
Comes down to preference for sure, but yup centre gets a lot of it. I love mine for being Attack zone and a reasonably low row as far as Whites are concerned.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:20 PM   #60
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Correct, corners, as high up as you can get (basically) in the 2nd level. They are the cheapest seats you can get before going up to PL. Agreed they are a unique price point, and IMO some of the best value in the building.

We've thought of upgrading a few times, but we actually like our view, and really can't justify the huge jump to get a little closer to the ice or move more towards the middle.

I would say I've never tried to sell on CP, but for my tickets just recovering cost (or a little more than cost) through the official Flames App / Site has worked everytime.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cleveland Steam Whistle For This Useful Post: