Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #501
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bad (or in this case mediocre) teams find a way to lose. Damn the Cavs suck without LeBron, but what does that say about the Raps that they can't beat them?
Old 05-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #502
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

#NorthOver5of24shooting
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:00 PM   #503
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I’m irate. This team reverted right back to garbage hero basketball that gets them eliminated every year the minute Cleveland started to push. Tired of this ####. This is Anaheim/Flames level Frustration to me.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2018, 09:01 PM   #504
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Derozan stopped shooting his mid range shots, way too passive all game. Had multiple plays where he pulled up and then passed it off. He will need to be way better
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:04 PM   #505
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd be tempted to replace the starters with the bench mob and put the starters on the bench. They are the future and the present clearly isn't good enough, might as well see what they can do.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #506
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

So frustrating because that would have been a massive step towards getting over the mental hurdle of beating LeBron. LeBron played massive minutes tonight and actually looked like he was wearing down at times. Such a huge missed opportunity. I'm not really sure how this team will respond to such a deflating, self-inflicted defeat.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #507
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Do you really believe the Cavs teams he won with were more "All-Star" than Jordan's bulls.

Phil Jackson is one of the best coaches (if not the best) in the history of the NBA, that's worth something in addition to Pippen.
No I don't think his Cavs teams have been better then Jordan's Bulls. Still doesn't change anything I said.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #508
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
So frustrating because that would have been a massive step towards getting over the mental hurdle of beating LeBron. LeBron played massive minutes tonight and actually looked like he was wearing down at times. Such a huge missed opportunity. I'm not really sure how this team will respond to such a deflating, self-inflicted defeat.
LeBron looked human tonight. He’s worn out. I actually think a win tonight may have broken his spirit. Probably jazzed up now though.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #509
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow that was a frustrating game o watch, especially the last 5 minutes.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #510
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It won’t get covered in the media, but not calling that flagrant on Love won Cleveland the game. There’s zero chance a Raptor does that and doesn’t get a flagrant let alone a video review.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:33 PM   #511
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Tough game to lose but let's not call the series over just yet.

Raps had multiple chances to win it in regulation and couldn't hit a layup.

Then in OT they were down by 4 with the Cavs in possession of the ball and I'm sure most people thought the game was over and the Cavs would blowout the Raptors (I did). They fought back and had a chance to win the game on the final possession.

I know when the play happened I called out DD for passing it out. But it's actually a good play. The mistake was having FVV come into the game with a re-banged up shoulder and playing cold shooting that 3. I think if you have Miles or Wright in that spot it's better.

No way is the series over and I expect them to have a big game 2 and win.
savemedrzaius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #512
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

But we saw tonight that again it has nothing to do with basketball ability, the Raps just aren't mentally tough enough. They missed I think 15 of 16 to close the game out. They are unquestionably better at basketball than the Cavs, but they just can't win the part that really counts. I think they'll win Game 2 simply because the Cavs (i.e. LeBron) won't even try and just take the rest and happily go home 1-1 (unless the Raps decide to gift the game away again). But it's hard to believe in this team when the chips are down.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:58 PM   #513
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The mental fragility is also why I'd play the bench mob more, they aren't as broken mentally as the guys who've been here for the countless letdowns.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:06 PM   #514
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
The mental fragility is also why I'd play the bench mob more, they aren't as broken mentally as the guys who've been here for the countless letdowns.

All I saw was the same old tired story. You can't even call it them choking. The just aren't up to it. Now they have to win a game in Cleveland. Good luck with that. I hope for their sakes and ours that they win the next one. Otherwise it could get ugly IF the season goes down the drain as per usual after a much better regular season.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:09 PM   #515
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
It won’t get covered in the media, but not calling that flagrant on Love won Cleveland the game. There’s zero chance a Raptor does that and doesn’t get a flagrant let alone a video review.
savemedrzaius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:32 AM   #516
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Pats View Post
All I saw was the same old tired story. You can't even call it them choking. The just aren't up to it. Now they have to win a game in Cleveland. Good luck with that. I hope for their sakes and ours that they win the next one. Otherwise it could get ugly IF the season goes down the drain as per usual after a much better regular season.
But anything short of winning this series is the season going down the drain. There are no excuses in any way, shape, or form for losing to this Cavs team. The Raps are the better team by a significant margin, but as you mentioned once things got tight, the end was predictable. Raps need to win by blowout, anything close and they just don't have what it takes. They'll get the token win in Game 2 because LeBron needs a breather, but it's pretty tough to see them winning another game in this series. Refs can keep the game close if need be, and just let the Raps do as they do.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 05-02-2018 at 05:34 AM.
Senator Clay Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #517
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Demar and Lowry just are never good enough in the playoffs, they were both so bad at the end of the game. Multiple chances to put the game away and neither could come up with a couple clutch baskets. Derozan has been so dissapointing once again. Preach the new system all you want, if you are only going to move the ball quickly when you are are up by 10 it is useless. Iso ball raptors will never do anything. No plan at the end of the game either, per usual.

Lowry getting called for that 5 second violation was pure raptors.

I’m not getting fooled again, this series is done and over. Lebron doesn’t blow leads in series and the Cavs role players always come to play vs the raptors. Made JR and korver look like prime Ray Allen’s last night. Embarrasing

Last edited by Beninho; 05-02-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:42 AM   #518
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's far from over. Win the next one and they are right back in it. If they lose the next one though she's game over going to Cleveland down 2 zip
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #519
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raps were 3 for 17 in the fourth quarter on shots in the restricted area. The 14 misses in the restricted area are the most misses in any quarter in the last 20 years of playoff basketball. The offense was playing better in the first three quarters (120.6 points per 100) than the regular season (111 per 100). In the fourth and OT? 79.3 per 100.

It really is tough to undersell what a choke this was. Probably peak Raptors. It's also why it's impossible to see them winning the series, basically a near perfect first three quarters offensively and they still lost. They deserve all the criticism they're getting. If anything they're being let off the hook because it's not surprising it happened.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 05-02-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Senator Clay Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Senator Clay Davis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #520
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
It's far from over. Win the next one and they are right back in it. If they lose the next one though she's game over going to Cleveland down 2 zip
I don’t think this team can win in Cleveland, maybe I shouldn’t of said it’s over but I don’t have any faith in Derozan or Lowry. So disappointed again with their late game play. Proving all the naysayers right

Tags
fire them all , i'm better than ibaka , kawhi so serious? , lebronto , time to go nuclear