Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-21-2018, 08:47 PM   #301
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I wouldn't read too much into it but those fans that were writing off the Cavs can think again. I hope Boston takes them out. The win for the Cavs actually helps the Raps as they need the Cavs and Boston to meet and pound the snot out of each other with hopefully the Celtics winning.

Pacers lost as well so helps solidify the Cavs in 3rd.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:54 PM   #302
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Pats View Post
I wouldn't read too much into it but those fans that were writing off the Cavs can think again. I hope Boston takes them out. The win for the Cavs actually helps the Raps as they need the Cavs and Boston to meet and pound the snot out of each other with hopefully the Celtics winning.

Pacers lost as well so helps solidify the Cavs in 3rd.
I want the Raps to make the finals by beating out the Cavs.

You just know if they make it to the finals but don't have to play the Cavs they still won't get the respect they deserve. People will say they had an easy draw.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:56 PM   #303
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

It would definitely be nice to have Cavs have to work hard in playoffs for a change. Especially with how dependant they are on LeBron. He played 40 mins tonight and ran every single play.

Of course this all assumes we can get by some potentially tricky early round matchups.

I really hope we continue to play the team game in playoffs. This season has been very enjoyable to watch.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:06 PM   #304
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
I want the Raps to make the finals by beating out the Cavs.

You just know if they make it to the finals but don't have to play the Cavs they still won't get the respect they deserve. People will say they had an easy draw.
Yeah there would be a little bit of a taint to it if the Celtics did the hard work and the Raps reaped the reward. BUT who cares I will take it as just getting to the Finals would be something special.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:33 PM   #305
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still have my doubts that the Raptors can actually take out one of the big teams in the playoffs
Old 03-22-2018, 12:18 PM   #306
Jiggy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I still have my doubts that the Raptors can actually take out one of the big teams in the playoffs
DeRozen and Lowry don't get respect from the officials. That's why I think the Cavs or Celtics will beat them.
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #307
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kyrie Irving underwent a minimally-invasive procedure today to remove a tension wire in his left knee. He is expected to return to basketball activities in 3-6 weeks. I wouldn't be shocked if they lose in the first round now.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #308
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Steph Curry suffered a Grade 2 MCL sprain in his left knee, He will be re-evaluated in three weeks. He could return near start of playoffs.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:11 AM   #309
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

FVV with 16, 16, 16 and 15 off the bench in the last 4 games.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:42 PM   #310
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Just saw that replay of Vince Carter clippin that Warrior player (didnt catch the name).

Dirty and yikes....dude went down hard.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...cher-hard-fall
Old 04-01-2018, 08:38 AM   #311
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lot can change in two weeks, because all of a sudden the Raps are in serious danger of losing the #1 seed. Next three games are all very tough (@CLE, BOS, IND), and if they lose them they will likely lose the #1 seed. With that said they might actually be inclined to do so, the Sixers are white hot right now and might end up in the #3 seed anyway. So it'll be interesting to see the seed maneuvering coming in.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:53 AM   #312
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Lot can change in two weeks, because all of a sudden the Raps are in serious danger of losing the #1 seed. Next three games are all very tough (@CLE, BOS, IND), and if they lose them they will likely lose the #1 seed. With that said they might actually be inclined to do so, the Sixers are white hot right now and might end up in the #3 seed anyway. So it'll be interesting to see the seed maneuvering coming in.
More concerning is their play really seems to have dropped off. Hopefully it was just relaxing because they had first in the bag. Scary as a Raptors fan is they come into the playoffs on a downer.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #313
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Just saw that replay of Vince Carter clippin that Warrior player (didnt catch the name).

Dirty and yikes....dude went down hard.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...cher-hard-fall
I seen that yesterday and man basketball players are such bitches. You do feel bad because the guy got hurt but in every other sport much worse things happen and they're not all dramatic about it. Again, you feel bad but watching the extended version of that where everyone is crying and huddling around, and Vince crying, you're like "c'mon". Say you feel bad, and move on. This overdramatic stuff in basketball is quite something.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:54 PM   #314
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Lowry is getting completely outplayed by Calderon. Not gonna win many games when that is the case.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:16 PM   #315
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

They've been pretty mediocre overall the last couple weeks. If not for a couple second half rallies they might already be out of the #1 spot. But that makes sense, as soon as we thought maybe this year could be different, they revert and right now they certainly are not inspiring much belief that they will be different this year.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:14 PM   #316
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
They've been pretty mediocre overall the last couple weeks. If not for a couple second half rallies they might already be out of the #1 spot. But that makes sense, as soon as we thought maybe this year could be different, they revert and right now they certainly are not inspiring much belief that they will be different this year.
Annoying ain't it? Same old story with all the fake wins over useless teams. Albeit in a more entertaining fashion this year. Now all the signs pointing to a first round exit as a possibility that would surprise no Raptors fan.

Oh well, of course, we will still have to watch the wreck even though we know it's coming!
Old 04-04-2018, 06:47 PM   #317
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would be pretty surprised if they lost in the first round, the potential first round opponents are seriously flawed and the Raps should be able to dispatch them easily enough. They just aren't good enough to make the Finals, and now I wouldn't even be slightly shocked if the Sixers rolled through them if they meet in round two.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:14 PM   #318
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Raptors playing hard in the first half vs. Celtics. Their shots aren't falling but they are putting the effort in on defence. Hope they keep it up in the second half.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #319
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's been a pretty ugly game, Celts just above 30% shooting and the Raps around 36%. Playoff-ish type game, where defense and half-court execution are key.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:13 PM   #320
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
It's been a pretty ugly game, Celts just above 30% shooting and the Raps around 36%. Playoff-ish type game, where defense and half-court execution are key.
This will pretty much clinch Top seed for the Raps. They will just need to win one more game or the Celts to lose one more game because Raps will have the tiebreaker.

Tags
fire them all , i'm better than ibaka , kawhi so serious? , lebronto , time to go nuclear