Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-21-2019, 12:29 PM   #921
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
On another note, I've finally gotten around to playing Far Cry 5 an I love it. I was dealing with a bit of screen-tearing at first and was hesitant to turn v-sync on in the game (I play on a 55" plasma that gets max 60 FPS) because I've had bad experiences with in-game v-sync settings in the past (usually results in noticeable slowdown in-game). As such, I generally resort to changing the settings to enable enhanced sync at the GPU level in the profile for each game as opposed to in the game itself. That generally fixes the problem, but I was still getting some mild screen-tearing this way with FC5. I turned the v-sync on in-game and voila, graphics were smooth on ultra and no noticeable slowdown, so I'm wondering if Ubisoft did something with their coding that overrides the GPU settings or something.
To me what separated this from other FC games was that while it's still very open world it wasn't as drawn out of a game as you could finish it relatively quickly unlike past games that seemed to last forever and wear out their welcome.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #922
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
To me what separated this from other FC games was that while it's still very open world it wasn't as drawn out of a game as you could finish it relatively quickly unlike past games that seemed to last forever and wear out their welcome.
Yeah, even the side quests have much more variety than past FC games. I couldn't even get more than an hour into Primal because of how repetitive it was.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #923
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Its pretty amazing to play a high end game at the highest settings on a 10 year old laptop (not even a gaming laptop) attached to a tv...I beta tested a similar service a while back, not sure if its there yet but certainly is the future.

No hardware, just buy the latest game
I have doubts that even with great internet that I won't notice any lag or image issues when playing. I think this will be a good enough for the casual gamer (with good internet), but I doubt I'm passing on the next generation of consoles because of it.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:14 PM   #924
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

The DMC reboot a few years back was better but DMC 5 was a nice little game. Multiple playable characters so that’s cool. Kept me occcupied til Sekiro unlocks here in a few hours.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:24 PM   #925
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I have doubts that even with great internet that I won't notice any lag or image issues when playing. I think this will be a good enough for the casual gamer (with good internet), but I doubt I'm passing on the next generation of consoles because of it.
Maybe not the next but at some point they stop making the hardware IMO...at least as we know it.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:32 AM   #926
DoubleF
First Line Centre

Exp:

I nabbed a copy of Wolfenstein two pack (New Order/Old Blood) to play before Wolfenstein 2 and man... it's absolutely as described!

It feels a little like Bioshock mixed in with Kill Bill so far. I only played a few hours though, but man has it been quite fun.

EDIT: I think I'd describe the game sorta like how honest trailers described Pacific Rim.

So dumb!
So awesome!
So dumb!
So awesome!

Last edited by DoubleF; 03-22-2019 at 09:12 AM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote