Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 09:33 AM   #4741
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I've said this repeatedly, but how the rest of you aren't bored a #### right now is beyond me. We've been playing out the string for months now, Trump is quite clearly going to lose the election, and we're just waiting to see how he plans on staying in power in the aftermath. There are no undecides to convince, and virtually nothing can be done by either candidate that will cost them support. November 4th is when things get interesting again, but those of you who suffered through that last night, I just ask myself why? Masochists I guess to suffer through Trump's played out circus act.
It's so much wasted energy. It's just a constant loop of the same thing over and over. What could one possibly expect to learn from Trump in a debate? Oh, he said something horrible? Shocking.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #4742
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
It's so much wasted energy. It's just a constant loop of the same thing over and over. What could one possibly expect to learn from Trump in a debate? Oh, he said something horrible? Shocking.
I’m still holding out hope trump has a massive stroke during a debate and the country gets to watch him die on live television. Talk about cathartic. It’s the debate result we all need and deserve.

The second best part would be the reaction shot of a smiling/celebrating Melania.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 09:37 AM   #4743
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I’m still holding out hope trump has a massive stroke during a debate and the country gets to watch him die on live television. Talk about cathartic. It’s the debate result we all need and deserve.

The best part would be the reaction shot of a smiling Melenia.
But then he'd still be talked about. Him getting dummied in an election and then slinking off to some former Soviet Bloc ####hole would be better overall.

His life is pathetic. Desperate to be the King of New York and ended up King of the Hillbillies.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:38 AM   #4744
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Undecided voters from about August 2017 until now are just Trump voters who don't want to admit it.

I think that you're over simplifying this Nik. It isn't a question of undecideds to me anymore. Its a question of did these two just do such a poor job that people will lose their motivation to get out and vote?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 09-30-2020, 09:39 AM   #4745
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Like even if you miss him finally dropping the N-word or doing something like eating his own ####, you can see it again on replay again and again. But suffering through hours of him and his stream of unconciousness is so tedious and painful. There's a reason everything he does eventually fails, he knows one approach and has zero ability to show variety. He's been Donald Trump, ####### Supreme for basically his entire life.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:39 AM   #4746
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think that you're over simplifying this Nik. It isn't a question of undecideds to me anymore. Its a question of did these two just do such a poor job that people will lose their motivation to get out and vote?
I'm not. If you still say you're undecided after Charlottesville, you're a Trump voter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 09:44 AM   #4748
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've said this repeatedly, but how the rest of you aren't bored a #### right now is beyond me. We've been playing out the string for months now, Trump is quite clearly going to lose the election, and we're just waiting to see how he plans on staying in power in the aftermath. There are no undecides to convince, and virtually nothing can be done by either candidate that will cost them support. November 4th is when things get interesting again, but those of you who suffered through that last night, I just ask myself why? Masochists I guess to suffer through Trump's played out circus act.
It's crazy. We have, what, 3 provincial elections announced now, and I think they all happen before the US election. Nice, short, tight campaigns. The US endless election cycle has to die. It's aweful. Does any other country have such a bizarre state of continuous campaigning?
Old 09-30-2020, 09:50 AM   #4749
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Krystal and Sagaar had a good take as usual.

Basically: Since they both lose, Biden wins.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:51 AM   #4750
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Pence is a very good speaker. The VP debate should actually be pretty interesting especially if moderated well.
How would anyone know? He hasn't said a god damn word in 4 years.

But no doubt he is a good speaker. Just like every other Christian evangelical used car salesmen ripping off the uneducated.

Last edited by Johnny Makarov; 09-30-2020 at 09:56 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 09:52 AM   #4751
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

In one way I'd say Americans are getting exactly what they deserve. In another way I think Americans have been so completely mislead by social media, to the point where someone like Trump can run some some ads on Facebook, stoke the unrest, get people into an uproar, and work to keep them there for years while he lies to them that he is their savior.

Remember when Cambridge Analytica was in the news for manipulating voter profiles with Facebook? Those were the days, when we actually saw how the American election cycle has become a game and we thought this time someone will really do something about.

Then we realized nobody cares, and around and around we keep going.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 09:54 AM   #4752
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Of course, the tv networks want it to be a farce, they want the ratings. Otherwise, they would turn off Trump's mic.
I masochistically watched the entire debate, they did, after a point, start turning off Trump's mic. It was surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #4753
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
The good thing for Kamala is that Trump gave her a lot to work with.

She can basically use it to reinforce what a terrible person Trump is
At some point, people are going to figure out that this is a pointless exercise, right?

I mean, for ####'s sake, if you weren't convinced about who Trump was as a human being by this point in the 2016 cycle you weren't paying attention. You've had four years of Trump being Trump. Everyone who it's possible to convince that he's a bad person is convinced. This accomplishes nothing. The only thing Kamala and Joe can do that will make a difference is to actually point out, hey, we actually understand the problems facing this country and making your life difficult right now, and we have the following solutions. If Trump is going to continue being a man-baby, that's out of your hands.

Of course if he keeps shouting overtop of you you're going to have a hard time communicating anything but Joe's best moments - from the few bits I was able to sit through - seem to have been when he managed to thread that needle. Kamala needs to do likewise.
Quote:
I've said this repeatedly, but how the rest of you aren't bored a #### right now is beyond me. We've been playing out the string for months now, Trump is quite clearly going to lose the election, and we're just waiting to see how he plans on staying in power in the aftermath. There are no undecides to convince, and virtually nothing can be done by either candidate that will cost them support.
Eh, this view assumes that turnout is also fixed, which isn't the case I don't think.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 09-30-2020, 09:56 AM   #4754
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

What do Carrey and Baldwin do with that on SNL? How do you satirize something where the reality was so depressing and surreal?
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 09:58 AM   #4755
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it were me, I would just re-enact the most egregious parts in an over the top, exaggerated way, while constantly flashing "THIS REALLY HAPPENED" over the bottom half of the screen.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 10:01 AM   #4756
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Corsi is right. We've know since 2016 that Trump is exactly the type of person we saw in the debate yesterday.

Which again begs the question, which moron in the DNC decided Joe Biden would be who can unite everyone against him?

What a mess.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:04 AM   #4757
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Corsi is right. We've know since 2016 that Trump is exactly the type of person we saw in the debate yesterday.

Which again begs the question, which moron in the DNC decided Joe Biden would be who can unite everyone against him?

What a mess.
The voter base. A mess indeed.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:04 AM   #4758
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by handgroen View Post
Out of thanks but this is a very well reasoned post. I don't think there is much of an informed Albertan pro Trump viewpoint. If you're pro Trump in Alberta it's probably for the same reasons people are pro Trump in montana. Saying Alberta needs Trump is pretty silly.
Not sure if you are insinuating I am pro Trump and/or uninformed. My post contained pros and cons to Alberta for each candidate, but I guess objective pondering of any upside to Trump is beyond the pale here.

What I said was that I believed based on Biden endorsements for Buy America and his slip of support for the Green New deal he may not be this white knight for people outside the USA.

If he cancels Keystone as promised, and the rail link to Alaska for purely political reasons is that a win? If he keeps the tariffs and increases them on us is that a win?

I will be clear, I wouldn't vote for Trump if I were American. People need to temper themselves however in this battle of pure good and evil. Neither men fit that bill and Canadians should be prepared that not much may change if Biden wins.

It isn't just me who sees that here is an offering from the Liberal paper:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/biden-...lism-1.5644124
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #4759
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

What a mess.
I don't think Biden can unite "everyone" against trump. It's clear that 30% of USA voters will support trump.

Besides, current polls suggest that Biden is doing about as well as anyone can. I don't think there is anyone short of Michelle Obama that could be doing better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2020, 10:07 AM   #4760
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
Well, I don't know that those two sentences support each other.
Respectfully, they do.

Trump (and Wallace, particularly in this moment) were interrupting incessantly while he was trying to talk. Trump was specifically spouting “Green New Deal” in the middle of Biden’s answer.

It’d be very difficult for you or I to give an answer with zero slips if a five year old was interrupting us the way Trump was.

And regarding dementia: I watched both my grandparents die from it, hollowed out from the inside over a period of ten years. If Joe Biden were losing his mind, he would not be able to function in this arena, full stop.

People with dementia get twitchy when they’re outside their own home because they don’t know where everything is.

They can’t stand next to the sitting president for 90 minutes and make more coherent arguments than him.

So yeah. I don’t see a reason for two more of these. Biden is up nearly double digits in Pennsylvania and 7 in Wisconsin. Now is not the time to spike the football, but it is the time to go for the throat.
Closed Thread