Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #2701
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah the last cool thing Nick Cave did was the soundtrack for Taylor Sheridan's excellent Wind River, and now he's gone full idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:31 AM   #2702
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

GOP convention will be a true cult event. Trump will speak on every night and half the keynote speakers are family members. Then of course you have the St. Louis gun couple and high school kid who are going to talk about how extreme liberalism has affected them. So the couple had some black people walk by their house and the kid got confronted for his racism. Compelling arguments.

The Campaign platform also doesn’t seem to have been changed from 2016.

Last edited by ernie; 08-23-2020 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:51 AM   #2703
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wind River was an amazing film but I don't remember the soundtrack being a big part of why.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 08-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #2704
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
GOP convention will be a true cult event. Trump will speak on every night and half the keynote speakers are family members. Then of course you have the St. Louis gun couple and high school kid who are going to talk about how extreme liberalism has affected them. So the couple had some black people walk by their house and the kid got confronted for his racism. Compelling arguments.

The Campaign platform also doesn’t seem to have been changed from 2016.

No Scott Baio this year? And where's Ted Nugent and Kid Rock? Man, they really skimped out on the star power this year.
Old 08-23-2020, 09:22 AM   #2705
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Audio tapes out confirming that Donald had someone else write his SATs. Also that his older sister wrote his homework assignments at Wharton.

The best part is his sister's complete take down of his character. She says he cant be trusted, that he has no principles and is strictly out for himself.

This coming the same week as his younger brother's funeral would be a real blow to most. To find out what your family really thinks of you. For Donald? I think he tweeted "who cares" last night in response.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:27 AM   #2706
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Concerning "the race is tightening" narrative, this has actually been the most steady race I can remember. Biden has been right around 50% and Trump has been right around 40% for three months now. I also just cannot see what changes the makeup of this race, Biden would have to basically tank to lose any support, and Trump clearly cannot do any mode other than Grandpa Adderall. I think the biggest thing right now is as much as Trump has his cult, the "Trump has to go" cult basically cancels it out. But the difference is the Trump cult is going to be 95-99% of his total vote, whereas there's actually support for Biden beyond just the "Trump has to go" cult. Trump has done nothing to expand things because that's his mental defect, he only cares about people who love him and isn't interested in trying to get more people to support him.

The GOP is going to go all out on voter suppression and cheating to win, because they know their candidate is incapable of actually doing anything other than what his demented brain allows him to do, and without an additional support group there to put him over the top (which in 2016 was the "#### Hillary" people), it's not really possible for him to win legitimately.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:48 AM   #2707
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Yeah the last cool thing Nick Cave did was the soundtrack for Taylor Sheridan's excellent Wind River, and now he's gone full idiot.
Full idiot? What makes you say that? First off, he lost his son since then so that's influenced his music and writing. And yeah, he's spoken about "political correctness" and "cancel culture" but he's given reasoned arguments that they're going far beyond what's necessary. I don't entirely agree but I wouldn't call him an idiot.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:54 AM   #2708
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Concerning "the race is tightening" narrative, this has actually been the most steady race I can remember. Biden has been right around 50% and Trump has been right around 40% for three months now. I also just cannot see what changes the makeup of this race, Biden would have to basically tank to lose any support, and Trump clearly cannot do any mode other than Grandpa Adderall. I think the biggest thing right now is as much as Trump has his cult, the "Trump has to go" cult basically cancels it out. But the difference is the Trump cult is going to be 95-99% of his total vote, whereas there's actually support for Biden beyond just the "Trump has to go" cult. Trump has done nothing to expand things because that's his mental defect, he only cares about people who love him and isn't interested in trying to get more people to support him.

The GOP is going to go all out on voter suppression and cheating to win, because they know their candidate is incapable of actually doing anything other than what his demented brain allows him to do, and without an additional support group there to put him over the top (which in 2016 was the "#### Hillary" people), it's not really possible for him to win legitimately.
I agree, I think the GOPs cap is 40% or 63millionish votes. It's more a general GOP problem than a Trump problem. I think Trump actually is their best chance and I've stated before the GOP would never win another election it it weren't for Trump-mania in 2016. That party is just out of touch.

The country is just overall more liberal with changing demographics. The Democrats can get way more than 40%, I just wish their messaging was better.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2020, 03:39 PM   #2709
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Full idiot? What makes you say that? First off, he lost his son since then so that's influenced his music and writing. And yeah, he's spoken about "political correctness" and "cancel culture" but he's given reasoned arguments that they're going far beyond what's necessary. I don't entirely agree but I wouldn't call him an idiot.
Naw that's too charitable, especially after playing in Israel.

His reasoned arguments are the same arguments any artist that refuses to grow when being taken to task for their decisions make. If he feels his creativity is stifled, then that's on his inability to grow with the current zeitgeist, not on society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #2710
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw Trump talk about his brother in a Fox and Friends interview. I've never met someone before with such a unique personality. I don't think it's an exaggeration to suggest that Trump likely has no close personal, genuine relationships. In the interview, he said, "he (his brother) was my friend, I guess they say best friend, and that's true."Just a very odd thing to say.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #2711
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Saw Trump talk about his brother in a Fox and Friends interview. I've never met someone before with such a unique personality. I don't think it's an exaggeration to suggest that Trump likely has no close personal, genuine relationships. In the interview, he said, "he (his brother) was my friend, I guess they say best friend, and that's true."Just a very odd thing to say.

Why does he always say “they say”? Is he just deferring to some other authority to avoid any responsibility?
Old 08-23-2020, 05:18 PM   #2712
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wrong thread...
Old 08-23-2020, 05:21 PM   #2713
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think usually because he is lying and because he's insecure about it. There is always some vaporous "think tank" of people who "have never seen anything like it" "they say this has never been done before" "this is like nothing they've ever seen" etc. "They" is a group of experts Trump made up in his head that confirm his nutzo buttzo thoughts for him. "They" even said he should have been a doctor because he's good at this stuff. "They" said he has like a good brain. "They" just pops out all the time now because he's so used to deferring to them in times of insecurity.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #2714
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

this wont help..

https://twitter.com/user/status/1297636843589074950

Old 08-23-2020, 06:33 PM   #2715
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #2716
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Bring manufacturing back to America, unless they hurt my feelings.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:30 PM   #2717
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Kellanne Conway leaving the White House at the end of the month! She's not sticking around for Trump's big victory??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a44_story.html
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2020, 08:31 PM   #2718
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Oh and Kim Jong Un is in a coma...

https://www.foxnews.com/world/kim-jo...ficial-alleges
Old 08-23-2020, 08:39 PM   #2719
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Kellanne Conway leaving the White House at the end of the month! She's not sticking around for Trump's big victory??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a44_story.html
Their 15 year old daughter’s timeline on Twitter over the last 24-36 hours gives a good idea as to why this may be happening.

https://twitter.com/claudiamconwayy?s=21
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sidney Crosby's Hat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2020, 08:41 PM   #2720
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I know you're not supposed to read the comments, but I'm glad I made an exception.

Kim Jon un concious
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread