Marken Michel - Panthers PR
Nate Holley - Dolphins PR

Rest who opted out are UFAs, Roberson on IR
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 04:58 PM   #722
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1320072135696670720
Old 10-26-2020, 01:14 PM   #723
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love him or hate him, he's a big reason why the CFL managed to stay in business when it was facing significant financial difficulties. RIP David.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1320791604270161921
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 07:15 PM   #724
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where did those 20 years go?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1321145888870436865
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 08:35 AM   #725
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stampeder Stat Line Week 7

Alex Singleton - Played 67% of D snaps. 5 Solo tackles
James Vaughters - Played 33% of D snaps. 2 Solo tackles
Marken Michel - Active but saw no snaps on O or STs
Reggie Begelton - Packers PR
Brett Jones - Bye week
Nate Holley - Bye Week
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 09:11 AM   #726
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Stampeder Stat Line Week 7

Alex Singleton - Played 67% of D snaps. 5 Solo tackles
James Vaughters - Played 33% of D snaps. 2 Solo tackles
Marken Michel - Active but saw no snaps on O or STs
Reggie Begelton - Packers PR
Brett Jones - Bye week
Nate Holley - Bye Week
How awesome would it have been to watch Bo Levi on the Vikings. He definitely would have been the starter by now. Too bad the Vikings didn't have the balls to let him compete against Cousins.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:05 AM   #727
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agros player Jeff Knox Jr. charged with two counts of attempted homicide, two counts of aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, possession and a firearms violation.

#https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/202010310071

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 06:10 PM   #728
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fascinating article about Canadians playing in the LFA, per Ambrosie's CFL 2.0.

Quote:
The Liga de Fútbol Americano Profesional (LFA) is a semi-professional football association in Mexico. Earlier this year, 24 Canadian players suited up for the league’s eight teams as part of the CFL’s global initiative.

Players returned home in the fourth week of March after the season was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Each team had played five of ten regular season games.

Five Canadian players have shared their experiences from the LFA over a series of exclusive interviews with 3DownNation. These are their stories.
https://3downnation.com/2020/10/14/d...es-in-the-lfa/
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2020, 12:36 PM   #729
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like Hervey left the Lions with a bit of a mess...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1325816422904238083

https://twitter.com/user/status/1326213511106588672
Old 11-20-2020, 10:33 AM   #730
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1329834871087394816
Old 11-20-2020, 10:54 AM   #731
GC91
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

This would have been a good time for the CFL to reimagine itself. I am sure there is a difference of opinion and some of these ideas would create quite a debate with traditionalist. Here is a wish list from my persepctive.

-They should be moving the season up to start earlier in the Spring to steer away from NFL football. It just doesn't compete with the NFL in the tv market or from the casual sports fans attention. I think this would also attract more American prospects who may be looking to impress before the NFL season starts.

-Allow more Americans. I want to see the best quality football that I can here in Calgary.

-Change to 4 downs. My understanding is the 3 downs is meant to drive more offense/passing. The athleticism of todays athletes and the way the game has evolved I enjoy watching 4 downs over 2 plays and a punt.

I personally would be fine with the CFL becoming more of a feeder league to the NFL. I am not here to argue with those who are stuck with the traditions of the CFL. The fan bases are dying with the younger generations and I think the league needs to seriously start thinking about evolving towards the American game and working more closely with the NFL for long term survival.

Thoughts?
GC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GC91 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #732
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Four downs? No thanks; it’s part of what makes this game so exciting.

Feeder league? Nope. I grew up with the Canadian game in the ‘60s and that would be a complete move away from the historical aspect of the game. Yeah, we get a lot of movement to the NFL but that’s not the solution, in my opinion.

Add more Americans? I could see a couple added but I want an opportunity for the best Canadians to play pro. I know the game would be better with more Americans but at the cost of jobs for Canadians? Pass.

Move the season up? That one I can support.

I’ve been a season-ticket holder for decades and a movement toward the American game would end my relationship, I’m afraid. There are other changes that could be made to bring more fans into stadia.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 12:06 PM   #733
GC91
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

What would those changes be?

I know outside of CFL markets not many people really follow the league. I would say with the younger generations (roughly age 40 and under lets say) people are not all that interested in attending games or watching them on tv on a regular basis. I do not know exactly what the solution would be to turn this around but it does seem like a dying league from my perspective. This sounds pessimistic but I think it's the reality. For the record I want the league to thrive.
GC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:15 PM   #734
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty much agree everything that MoneyGuy said above, keep the three downs as is, tweak the ratio to allow more Americans (maybe two more), but there still needs to be a place for young Canadians who aspire to play in the CFL, moving the season up to start the first week of June is something that needs to be done, let's have the Grey Cup game the 1st weekend of November instead of the last (it might still be an iffy weather game, but the chances are greatly improved it's not).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 12:25 PM   #735
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Pretty much agree everything that MoneyGuy said above, keep the three downs as is, tweak the ratio to allow more Americans (maybe two more), but there still needs to be a place for young Canadians who aspire to play in the CFL, moving the season up to start the first week of June is something that needs to be done, let's have the Grey Cup game the 1st weekend of November instead of the last (it might still be an iffy weather game, but the chances are greatly improved it's not).
Agree on all counts. Sink or swim with the true Canadian game. If it fails it fails, but I don’t think it will.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:27 PM   #736
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

IMO the most important thing that needs to be fixed is the ratio. There are still to many national players that are on rosters because of their passport. The CFL is the lone North American professional sports league that goes out of its way to not field the most talent available which is archaic and foolish especially at a time when they are trying to grow their viewership with the younger audience. How many times have you seen teams have to sit some of their best US players due to ratio juggling when a national starter goes down? The league really needs to be able to showcase their best players every single game.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #737
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
IMO the most important thing that needs to be fixed is the ratio. There are still to many national players that are on rosters because of their passport. The CFL is the lone North American professional sports league that goes out of its way to not field the most talent available which is archaic and foolish especially at a time when they are trying to grow their viewership with the younger audience. How many times have you seen teams have to sit some of their best US players due to ratio juggling when a national starter goes down? The league really needs to be able to showcase their best players every single game.
You sure about that? Don't MLS and CPL both have NA/Canadian ratios? CHL (not professional by our standards but NCAA considers them pros) have Euro limits I think.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:41 PM   #738
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I am totally against changing to 4 down ball, it would create a grinding style of game like the NFL has. 4 down football rewards a cautious OC, where as the 3 down game rewards risk taken and a more open playbook situationally.

I don't disagree with the ratio change, however, I do strongly believe that we should change the ratio around Canadians in skilled positions, receivers, running backs, DB's, maybe LB'ers. Create a true ratio breaking concept.

Find a way to improve the development and opportunities for Canadian QB's. make them a real ratio breaker. A starting Canadian QB should literally be worth any one national to me.

I'm a proponent of the ratio because it supports Canadian Amateur football. There's been a stark improvement of Canadian players over the past decade, especially in those ration breaking positions. We're hiding less terrible players because we have to (I'm looking at you Mr Field goal holding substandard safety Glenn Suitor).

I'd like to see the CFL shift its schedule back to take advantage of the warm weather season. We usually see a attendance dip when the weather drops.

CFL teams should do a better job of reaching younger generations. There are plenty of seats that are open for Stamps games in the upper row, find a way to better reach out to schools and football programs and underprivileged youth to get them into the stands.

Start a Campaign to bring Captain Crunch onto the sidelines of a team to call one series of plays. You know you all want it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #739
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm all for the ratio being reduced, and hugely in favour of starting/wrapping the season up earlier. Not so much due to the competing with the NFL thing, but more to do with simply avoiding those late November deep freeze playoff games. Lord knows how many titles Old Man Winter has cost this team over the past 30 years.

I'm definitely not in favour of making it a 4 down, feeder league to the NFL, thats much too extreme. Agreed this is a good time to shake things up a bit though.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 12:59 PM   #740
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think this will ever happen (especially in the current economic climate), but I wish a Canadian network (let's say CBC for argument's sake) would start broadcasting U Sports football games (at a minimum, stream them on-line). I don't think there's much appreciation for the quality of football and entertainment value that's on display at the Canadian college level and it certainly couldn't hurt making these games widely available.