Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2020, 09:54 PM   #21
doozwimp
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I feel like this is bigger news than this threads participation portrays...or am i missing media coverage from somewhere?
doozwimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:27 PM   #22
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doozwimp View Post
I feel like this is bigger news than this threads participation portrays...or am i missing media coverage from somewhere?
It's probably not getting a lot of discussion because this is completely unsurprising, it's just the method that Putin is using to stay in power after 2024. Everyone knew it would be something, just not what it would be.

So, no surprise. Dictators cling to power.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:08 AM   #23
doozwimp
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have to admit i dont consume all the news media I should (tend to rely on CP echoes), but in the context of everything else in the world this seems significant if not exactly surprising.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:17 AM   #24
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is significant for sure but it's not like anyone actually expected Putin to not be in power in 4 years
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 02:45 PM   #25
doozwimp
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My real question is whether or not Putin is as emboldened to do this if he's operating under the context of a President who isn't trump? Im not sure why this in particular has caught my attention but after doing a little research its barely fleshed out anywhere. The implications of burning down your entire cabinet and then standing on the ashes are pretty great no? Was he unhappy with any particular members? how much farther into oligarchy is Russia sliding? Unless theres something Im not noticing the news media as left me cold and to speculate on my own.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:59 PM   #26
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doozwimp View Post
My real question is whether or not Putin is as emboldened to do this if he's operating under the context of a President who isn't trump? Im not sure why this in particular has caught my attention but after doing a little research its barely fleshed out anywhere. The implications of burning down your entire cabinet and then standing on the ashes are pretty great no? Was he unhappy with any particular members? how much farther into oligarchy is Russia sliding? Unless theres something Im not noticing the news media as left me cold and to speculate on my own.
I don't think the fact that Putin owns Trump lock stock and smoking pee video makes that much difference to this, while the US would like the USSP to be more democratic what Putin does within Russia was never going to get much more than a stern news release form any administration.
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote