Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2016, 07:04 PM   #1501
CASe333
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
So if I run across a bot player (or international traveler I guess) who caught a Mr Mime, it shows as me missing one in my Pokedex?
Don't think I like that very much.

Evolved Omastar. Pokedex 142. Won't be heading overseas, so I guess nothing new to catch for quite some time now. Which is OK. It's less interesting playing in the snow.
NSFW!
Congratulations! Will you bother playing at all anymore taking gyms ect or is it over for you until new releases/updates?

My pokedex is a sad 115 but I haven't used scanners so will stick to that excuse. I do have a legitimate Mr Mime I got in Portugal on a surf trip I did end of September so at least have him to brag about. Figured I wasn't going to find him as I was staying in a pretty rural location but used the incense in middle of nowhere trick and he popped up right after it finished.
CASe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CASe333 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2016, 07:36 AM   #1502
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will most likely play enough to stay in 10 gyms, I expect.
115 with scanner is really good. We only used 'near me' ones, but this weekend has hammered home how blind a guy is without anything. Have had lots of interesting Pokémon nearby, and missed most, where we always found them with scanner.
Work took the gf to Dublin for 5 days, and she was really upset not to find Mr Mime anywhere.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:45 PM   #1503
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

This game has fizzled for me my Pokédex is at 134 but I haven't logged in since friday but I did by harvest moon friends of mineral Town from the Wii u store so that has been occupying slot of my time
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:42 PM   #1504
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

132 in my Pokedex now. Only 10 more...man this is getting tough.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:13 PM   #1505
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Caught an Exeggcute, Magneton, Porygon and Lickitung downtown today, all seconds of opening the game at various times. Porygon was the only one I didn't have.

Hatched an Onix, then evolved a Persian, Sandslash and Victreebel at various times over the weekend.

I've caught 105 now but my seen is listed as 111 because of that silly update that lists seen Pokemon from gyms IIRC. Kinda ruined the fun of seeing them for the first time myself.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:24 AM   #1506
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Anyone else's Shop screen completely blank?
Old 10-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #1507
t0rrent98
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It kinda sounds like Fastpokemap will be back up either Friday or Saturday this week.

CPHL Dallas Stars
t0rrent98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:39 PM   #1508
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

New update looks to be terrible for raising prestige of own gyms. They have taken away all the advantage of using smaller CP Pokemon to defeat larger ones.
They now allow you to train with 6 guys instead of 1.
Disappointing
Old 10-13-2016, 05:30 PM   #1509
Goodlad
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
New update looks to be terrible for raising prestige of own gyms. They have taken away all the advantage of using smaller CP Pokemon to defeat larger ones.
They now allow you to train with 6 guys instead of 1.
Disappointing
Now every gym is going to be a lvl 10 gym. Better lock some down quick
Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #1510
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Anyone else's Shop screen completely blank?
My does that sometimes. I just reload the app and it works.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:39 AM   #1511
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodlad View Post
Now every gym is going to be a lvl 10 gym. Better lock some down quick
Hah. Yeah I expect they will be.
Im just pissed because I filled a roster with Pokémon to raise prestige, that are now basically useless.
They made most Pokémon irrelevant actually. What good is Tangella or Parasect now? Whether I train with a 2400 Vape or a 1300 Parasect against a 2000 Vaporeon I get the same experience and prestige by defeating it.
I get making it easier to add prestige by training with 6, just wish they had left the bonus for using smaller to defeat larger.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:31 AM   #1512
jdso
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Hah. Yeah I expect they will be.
Im just pissed because I filled a roster with Pokémon to raise prestige, that are now basically useless.
They made most Pokémon irrelevant actually. What good is Tangella or Parasect now? Whether I train with a 2400 Vape or a 1300 Parasect against a 2000 Vaporeon I get the same experience and prestige by defeating it.
I get making it easier to add prestige by training with 6, just wish they had left the bonus for using smaller to defeat larger.
I believe the bonus is still there. You just need your group of 6 to all be smaller CP than the defenders currently in the gym. I think it makes it easier since you can use still get the 700 - 1000 prestige but use more guys to do it. Let's you have a larger margin for error.

But choosing the team of 6 is definitely a hassle.
jdso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jdso For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2016, 10:43 AM   #1513
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdso View Post
I believe the bonus is still there. You just need your group of 6 to all be smaller CP than the defenders currently in the gym. I think it makes it easier since you can use still get the 700 - 1000 prestige but use more guys to do it. Let's you have a larger margin for error.

But choosing the team of 6 is definitely a hassle.
You are 100% correct. Did some reading after you post and they didn't implement normalizing disparity in CP like was initially stated.
Thanks!
Actually, maybe my 5 Chanseys might finally be of some use...
Formula is Prestige=500*(Cp defender/CP attacker). Highest CP of 6 attackers used, so bring down a couple 2000CP Pokémon with my five 400 and less Chansey should equal 5000 prestige.
Maybe...
Old 10-14-2016, 11:04 AM   #1514
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

The latest patch makes the game a real power hog. They added a bunch of additional CPU operations to make it difficult to reverse engineer the game and the result is way worse battery usage.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:28 AM   #1515
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
The latest patch makes the game a real power hog. They added a bunch of additional CPU operations to make it difficult to reverse engineer the game and the result is way worse battery usage.
Yep. Just makes using a tracker that much more essential - when I only have a couple hours of battery life it's so much more effective when I can just go from one spawn to another without needing to triangulate based on the "recent sightings".
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:34 PM   #1516
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm quickly losing interest. No tracker and I can walk the riverbank and Prnces Island Park for an hour and no longer encounter any Magikarp or Dratini. I haven't seen a Dratini in weeks now.

Confederation Park was nice for a week or so as it was a Charmander nest, I actually managed a Charizard out of it. Does anyone know what is spawning there now? It seems to me it went from Charmander to Pikachu.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 02:57 PM   #1517
Goodlad
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
I'm also have huge amounts of lag on the sightings now. Even walking I go through a minute or two of absolutely no sightings.
Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:22 AM   #1518
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Latest Go update prevents passengers from seeing or catching Pokémon

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.forbes...e-driving/amp/
Old 10-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #1519
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Latest Go update prevents passengers from seeing or catching Pokémon

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.forbes...e-driving/amp/
If that is true then they really are trying to kill off the game themselves. There are lots of times as mentioned in the article where others in the car are playing while I am driving not to mention the people that play while on transit.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #1520
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

If you can't play while a passenger, and third party locators are banned, I don't see how playing could be any fun for people who don't go near "hotspots" very often.

I know I'm not going to go walk out in the feild by my house to maybe catch a pidgey.

The only thing really keeping me in this game now that the locator apps aren't working is the fact that I've had my Snorlax remain in a gym for about a week now.