Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2017, 08:06 AM   #2441
LGA
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Looks like one more day of legendary raids.

I'm 6/10 Articuno, 10/18 Zapdos, 4/12 Moltres, 4/10 Lugia - for a total of 24/50 (48%) on legendaries.

Level 35
1,450,703/1,500,000
I wish. I'm actually really happy they've extended the deadline for the birds.

0/15 Articuno, 5/10 Zapdos, 2/4 Moltres, 0/16 Lugia for a total of not great to be honest (16%). It doesn't seem to matter what I do either. I've tried the berry switch trick (between Nanab and Golden Razz). I hit 3 excellent throws in a row on a Lugia yesterday, not even a shake.
LGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:31 AM   #2442
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Haha. No such luck, friend, or can Mewtwo KYA as well?
Lol I just read the niantic info release. Renewed vigor all of a sudden haha.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cracher For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 10:03 AM   #2443
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got to 217 yesterday, its good for me as I stopped playing long ago and only started at the end of Articuno. My kid will be happy to see Arti back as he missed him.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:03 PM   #2444
BananaPancakes
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGA View Post
I wish. I'm actually really happy they've extended the deadline for the birds.

0/15 Articuno, 5/10 Zapdos, 2/4 Moltres, 0/16 Lugia for a total of not great to be honest (16%). It doesn't seem to matter what I do either. I've tried the berry switch trick (between Nanab and Golden Razz). I hit 3 excellent throws in a row on a Lugia yesterday, not even a shake.
Are you throwing curveballs? Curveballs give you a x1.7 bonus so it's pretty significant.

If you're like me and bad at hitting curveballs under pressure, I'd just go Nanab every throw. The Pokemon won't move or attack at all, so you can really concentrate on your throws. Ever since I've started doing that I've been 6/7.
BananaPancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BananaPancakes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #2445
LGA
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaPancakes View Post
Are you throwing curveballs? Curveballs give you a x1.7 bonus so it's pretty significant.

If you're like me and bad at hitting curveballs under pressure, I'd just go Nanab every throw. The Pokemon won't move or attack at all, so you can really concentrate on your throws. Ever since I've started doing that I've been 6/7.
Curve ball, greats to excellents with nanab or goldens on each. They just don't like me.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:09 PM   #2446
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got to Level 36 today.

Mewtwo teams:

Team 1: Gengar, Gengar, Tyranitar, Tyranitar, Tyranitar, Tyranitar
Team 2: Scizor, Dragonite, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Tyranitar, Tyranitar
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #2447
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mewtwo going to be interesting.
Going to have to raid like crazy, spend countless resources on raid passes, and hope that one of the gyms you raided gets a random Mewtwo.
Outstanding strategy to extract more resources from the Pokémon playing public.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #2448
LGA
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Finally got an Articuno last night, just need a Lugia and my dex is complete (sans Mewtwo)
Old 08-15-2017, 09:57 AM   #2449
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Mewtwo going to be interesting.
Going to have to raid like crazy, spend countless resources on raid passes, and hope that one of the gyms you raided gets a random Mewtwo.
Outstanding strategy to extract more resources from the Pokémon playing public.
I think it'll be better to rely on the community for that. Most discord users and facebook groups will pounce on gyms that drop an exclusive pass.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:02 AM   #2450
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I think it'll be better to rely on the community for that. Most discord users and facebook groups will pounce on gyms that drop an exclusive pass.
OK. Maybe I don't understand how it will work. It was my understanding that exclusive pass will go only to users who have completed raid in specific gym prior?

Quote:
Exclusive raids will periodically appear at Gyms around the world; however, unlike existing raids, Trainers will be invited to join an Exclusive Raid Battle. To receive an invitation to participate in an Exclusive Raid Battle, Trainers must have successfully completed a raid recently, by defeating the Raid Boss, at the Gym where the Exclusive Raid Battle will be taking place.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:10 AM   #2451
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, the gym will put out exclusive passes for raids done there and two days later the exclusive egg will hatch. People who complete raids and get an exclusive pass will have to report they got one at which gym if they hope to get enough people to kill a mewtwo. Pass seekers will have to do raids at that particular gym to get an exclusive pass afterwards in the two day period before the egg hatches.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #2452
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

OK. I had understood, by the wording, that the exclusive pass would only be issued to those recently completing raids, and no more would be issued in the period after they were first issued.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #2453
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
OK. I had understood, by the wording, that the exclusive pass would only be issued to those recently completing raids, and no more would be issued in the period after they were first issued.
Nothing against FlameOn, but do we know that his understanding is better than yours?

[citation needed]
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:03 PM   #2454
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

It really depends, it doesn't say one way or the other and really depends on how many people did the raid at that gym. They haven't said one way or another other it'll be rewarded in a raid prior to the two days after the mewtwo spawns and they've said there'll be "plenty of time" to coordinate.

It's a question of whether 1-n raids give out exclusive raid passes prior to the mewtwo spawn happening. When they say there's going to be plenty of time to coordinate, there has to be enough people to coordinate with. I would think it's more than one raid prior to the actual time itself. I could be wrong though.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#7ba296377ade
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ia-hooh-celebi
Old 08-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #2455
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Everything I've seen so far is based off Niantic's post, and since that's vague on details, I assume most details are speculative.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #2456
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Victory is mine! Beat the remote berry feeder.

Defeated everything in the gym but a 1600 Arcanine and a 2900 blissey - they were the last ones in, and everything else only needed to be defeated twice. So after beating those guys the third time, they had been berried up again, so I took out the arcanine first, by leaving after I defeated it down to one attack left to wipe it out - then rejoining to attack him immediately again. Took the arcanine out of the gym that way, then only had to defeat the Blissey another 4 times or so, and finally got it out. All together, I probably defeated that Blissey 8-9 times (and timed out once)
Old 08-15-2017, 04:01 PM   #2457
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope you are right.
This is how I interpreted it.
Over the next (X) days, there will be (Y) raids in any gym, successfully completed by (Z) players.
Exclusive raid passes will go to those (Z) players, giving them 48 hours to coordinate team (Z) to get together enough people at a given time to defeat Mewtwo.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:10 PM   #2458
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Hydro Pump Lugia is tough. We just had 11 players, average over level 30, and couldn't take it down. It doesn't help when it auto selects Chanseys when you try to rejoin, and you waste time changing them out.

There just aren't many great counters. Might have tried some different counters, had I researched Hydro Pump a bit. Golems were pretty much 1 shotted. Tyranitars didn't last long either. I think my Zapdos was one shotted the first attempt.

Last edited by You Need a Thneed; 08-15-2017 at 08:14 PM.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:07 AM   #2459
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Hydro Pump Lugia is tough. We just had 11 players, average over level 30, and couldn't take it down. It doesn't help when it auto selects Chanseys when you try to rejoin, and you waste time changing them out.

There just aren't many great counters. Might have tried some different counters, had I researched Hydro Pump a bit. Golems were pretty much 1 shotted. Tyranitars didn't last long either. I think my Zapdos was one shotted the first attempt.
Next time blissey or chancey die in a gym I'm not reviving them just for this stupid reason.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2017, 02:13 PM   #2460
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Zapdos, Tyranitar, Cloyster, Jynx and Dragonite are fine for Hydro Pump Lugia. But it's definitely tough. I'd say you need 12+.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote