Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #2301
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegypticus View Post
Well, the anniversary event is a huge FU to the player base. That anniversary box is so terrible they must think we're all stupid. 1200 coins for 6 incubators, 2 raid passes, 6 max revives, and 20 ultra balls.

Incubators are 150 each x 6 = 900.
Raid passes are 100 each x 2 = 200.

1100 coins to buy separately, so they are giving us a sweet deal of a bunch of stuff we can get for free from spinning stops for "only" 100 coins.

The general consensus about this event so far seems to be a lot of anger. Calls to boycott the shop, too. I dont usually get angry about stuff like this myself, but I honestly think this event is worse than nothing, and I'm a bit peeved. At least nothing wouldn't be insulting.
I too am angry about this totally optional purchase in a game that is free to play. (Also one where you can do everything for free, not some fremium game where you pretty much have to spend money to be anywhere good at it).
Old 07-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #2302
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
I too am angry about this totally optional purchase in a game that is free to play. (Also one where you can do everything for free, not some fremium game where you pretty much have to spend money to be anywhere good at it).
You're right, thank you Niantic for the privelege of paying you 12 dollars for 11 dollars worth of stuff. Please remove your shoes so I may kiss your feet.

Every other event for months has had great incentives to play and great incentives to spend money. They objectively ####ed this one up and they should hear about it.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:44 PM   #2303
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

On the plus side I got my 2 special pikachus (evolve one) so I don't need to collect them anymore.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #2304
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pichu comes with a hat too
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:01 PM   #2305
Yanda
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Is Niantic owned by Games Workshop, that box is complete garbage.. definitely not event worthy.. call it a sale since thats what it is.
Yanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:40 PM   #2306
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

With 6 Machamps each, 3 of us can take down a Tyranitar. Would be good strategy to build a stable of the big beasts if every one I helped take down in a raid didn't flee on me.
The maps that still work in Montreal now show raids and bosses, so it's easy to find a raid you are looking for.

Last edited by EldrickOnIce; 07-08-2017 at 12:43 PM.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #2307
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone noticed the game using much more data than before? I heard it's been munching data lately, so I just checked my Rogers account... 615 megs used of my 1 gig total, 5 days into my billing cycle. Not good...
Old 07-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #2308
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Anyone noticed the game using much more data than before? I heard it's been munching data lately, so I just checked my Rogers account... 615 megs used of my 1 gig total, 5 days into my billing cycle. Not good...
I've been playing virtually non-stop for 4 days straight and it's used 175 MB which is not out of line with what it was using last summer.
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2017, 05:05 PM   #2309
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of playing virtually non-stop... I need 4 candy to evolve Flaaffy, and I need to find an Unown, then I've completed the Gen 2 Regional Dex + Farfetch'd.

Level 34
382,888/1,250,000

Only counting highest of each type of Pokemon, I have multiple Dragonites, Gyarados, Vaporeon, and Machamp

Dragonite - 3150
Tyranitar - 3033
Snorlax - 2846
Rhydon - 2824
Gyarados - 2814
Vaporeon - 2700
Donphan - 2551
Machamp - 2487
Alakazam - 2461
Exeggutor - 2387
Blissey - 2381
Flareon - 2380
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #2310
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
On the plus side I got my 2 special pikachus (evolve one) so I don't need to collect them anymore.
Pichu hatches with a hat from 2k eggs during the event
Old 07-09-2017, 10:14 AM   #2311
Yanda
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

here is an article on the recent egg as of 7/7/17 https://pokemongohub.net/post/breaki...n-ii-starters/

Just hit level 33 late last night, started in March
Yanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #2312
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I look at gyms near my house and people are at level 40.
I don't play anywhere near as much I guess, because I've been going since last July, and I'm only level 26.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:08 PM   #2313
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Gonna need at least 5 to beat Snorlax, 7 for Tyranitar. In the 3 Tyranitar raids I have been in on successfully, I caught none of them.
If you haven't been throwing when his head is coming up back up from his attack animation, try that. You should be able to land most or all of your throws.

Catch rates are all the same for lvl 4 raids but you might have different medals... minor difference there though.

Last edited by SebC; 07-09-2017 at 05:24 PM.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SebC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #2314
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Gonna need at least 5 to beat Snorlax, 7 for Tyranitar. In the 3 Tyranitar raids I have been in on successfully, I caught none of them.
Been there. Done 5 level 4 raids, caught none of the so far. 1 Charizard, 2 Rhydon, 1 Tyrannitar, 1 Snorlax. Probably hit 30+ great toss curves on all 5 combined. Didn't help that I got 0 golden razz from the last 2 and had none to start with, so I was tossing regular razz at them. Hoping for some better luck soon.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #2315
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Been there. Done 5 level 4 raids, caught none of the so far. 1 Charizard, 2 Rhydon, 1 Tyrannitar, 1 Snorlax. Probably hit 30+ great toss curves on all 5 combined. Didn't help that I got 0 golden razz from the last 2 and had none to start with, so I was tossing regular razz at them. Hoping for some better luck soon.
That's got about 0.1%* chance of happening. Given your poor luck, I wouldn't leave the house today.

*actual odds, conservatively estimated
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SebC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #2316
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've heard rumours that when they finally release legendary raids, you're going to need at least the silver raid badge to participate at first... which is 100 successful raids. That's pretty crazy for the casual player but I guess if true, it makes sense that they release them to the hardcores first. I just wonder how many people will actually have that medal and be able to participate... will it even be enough to take a legendary down?

Anyway, I've participated in a bunch and have 25/100 toward the silver medal. Caught a couple Lapras, 2 Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Tyranitar, 2 Snorlax and then some lower tier stuff in the last few days. Pretty sweet feature but it kind of cheapens the amount of work it took to get some of those Pokemon in the first place.

I hope it's really hard to get Legendaries.... but not outrageous. Like, you have to be Level 30+, have a gold gym badge at the gym the raid is happening, and have the silver raid badge, or something like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 08:33 PM   #2317
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
That's got about 0.1%* chance of happening. Given your poor luck, I wouldn't leave the house today.

*actual odds, conservatively estimated
Yeah, it's pretty unlucky, just as it is unlucky, I believe, to get no golden razz from 2 straight level 4s, but I have a witness! I was lucky in other areas. I think I'm averaging over 1 TM per raid so far. Would have been nice to snag a Tyrannitar considering I don't have one, but I am extremely close to evolving my 100% hatch.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:17 PM   #2318
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
If you haven't been throwing when his head is coming up back up from his attack animation, try that. You should be able to land most or all of your throws.

Catch rates are all the same for lvl 4 raids but you might have different medals... minor difference there though.
Any good calculators or just link to info on multipliers out there that have been updated for raid bosses, just so I know what my chances should be? I can't find anything very good.

Will use the timing suggested above. I have only been landing about 50% on Tyranitar. I figure I must be 15-20% catch rate (with multipliers), so if I can land enough should be good.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #2319
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Xwb8o/htmlview

Saw this posted on the Silph Road reddit. I have no reason to doubt its accuracy. Thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoa..._success_rate/
The Following User Says Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #2320
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Just had a spectacular 10 minutes - was out driving, and saw a Live Tyranitar raid at Shawnessy Station, so I pulled up, and there appeared to be a group waiting for more people to join. So 7 or 8 of us took down the Tyranitar with plenty of time to spare. Then I caught the Tyranitar in the bonus battle and he is 98% IV!

10 minutes later, I'm making the stop I was planning to make, and a Militank shows up, and I catch him too.

I hatched a 10k egg for a Skarmory in between as well, so if anyone else has ever had Tyranitar, Skarmory, and Militank as their 3 most recent pokemon...

Remaining to complete Gen 2 pokedex:

Ampharos
Unown
Togetic (I've walked my Togepi almost all the way to evolve, but I only have one yet, so if I evolve, I won't have a togepi in my living dex)