Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2017, 01:40 PM   #81
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I wonder how many more years they will keep making this game though. Only 17k people online... Can't be very good revenue wise.

Not everybody plays online though. I think they're fine as far as making enough to warrant still making it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #82
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

When they fix the Be A Pro issue where you end up with a rock bottom Discipline rating before the end of the first season, I'll be so SO happy.

Seriously, one penalty deducts like 150 XP but you have to go like three games without a penalty to get... 25 XP?
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #83
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Downloaded it last night. Played a bunch of 3 on 3 with some friends, was a fun time.

I wonder how many more years they will keep making this game though. Only 17k people online... Can't be very good revenue wise.
17k in that mode. The number is usually 10 fold in HUT.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:48 PM   #84
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still after many many years, the number one annoyance that's a 2 minute fix remains.

The god damn strategies is behind the NBC banner at the start of the game, and then continues to disappear at a stoppage in play while you're in the middle of changing them. I'm about ready to walk myself into EA's office and hit someone over the head with a rubber mallet.
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2017, 03:51 PM   #85
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
17k in that mode. The number is usually 10 fold in HUT.
Nah was 17k total... only 248 people in that mode haha. This accounts for Xbox only.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #86
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Still after many many years, the number one annoyance that's a 2 minute fix remains.

The god damn strategies is behind the NBC banner at the start of the game, and then continues to disappear at a stoppage in play while you're in the middle of changing them. I'm about ready to walk myself into EA's office and hit someone over the head with a rubber mallet.
How something so simple still gets overlooked every year is ridiculous. The overlays are always blocking the change lines menu too.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #87
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
How something so simple still gets overlooked every year is ridiculous. The overlays are always blocking the change lines menu too.
I've got two mallets.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #88
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

The other thing that's amazingly stupid is at the intermission, once you hit resume the screen changes to nearly nothing and now you can't see the game stats while you wait for the 30 seconds to run off because there's always one McMoron that doesn't.

Why not lock menu choices but let me still look at the one main game stats page. Simple stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #89
Kolbe31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I still can't believe they can't incorporate a 5-man goal celebration. One cool thing I do like, however, is the one goal replay they do which is from different points in the crowd. You can't necessarily see the goal itself, but the replay is more to see the crowd reaction. Really cool.

One minor thing they added this year is with the Edit Player function, it actually shows you which areas of goalie equipment you're changing color to. Always used to be a guessing game.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game!
Kolbe31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kolbe31 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #90
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

i got the pre-release expensive addition, as i do every year. What happened to the 2 x gold packs i used to get every week?? Does it kick in later or something?

edit:
nevermind. they just came in this morning. Prior years they would come in on Friday's, weird to have them come out on Monday's now.........

Last edited by bubbsy; 09-25-2017 at 01:02 PM.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #91
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:

I've had to memorize a button sequence just to set them (sometimes a character or two sticks out, letting you know where you're at).

Agreed. Odd thing not to fix.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #92
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't you just permanently change them to what you want? Or do you change them that often on the fly?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:39 PM   #93
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can't you just permanently change them to what you want? Or do you change them that often on the fly?
In VS the defaults are different depending on what team you choose.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:52 PM   #94
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So is there any way in HUT to get a fair roster matchup? Played my first game with my crap Lineup against essentially an NHL all star team. Not very fun at all when you can't even keep up with the play.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 09-26-2017 at 11:55 PM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:43 PM   #95
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
So is there any way in HUT to get a fair roster matchup? Played my first game with my crap Lineup against essentially an NHL all star team. Not very fun at all when you can't even keep up with the play.
Build a better team I guess. The match ups are based on ranking first. If they cant find someone in your level they will go 2 levels up or down. Chances are because so many good players are still in the lower rankings your going to have tougher competition until before Christmas. After Christmas it's easy pickings.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #96
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

One thing that's really helped get a good team is playing through the HUT challenges. I've got pretty much all 85s and 20k in coins from just doing challenges.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #97
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If anyone want's a roster full of 80-85's on HUT to start out I would be more than willing to help out. I have a ton of duplicates that I can toss your way to help get you started. This will make the challenges much easier.

I was lucky enough to pull a Mark Recchi legend card in a pack last night.

Send me a pm if that's something you are interested in.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #98
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Isn't HUT pay-to-win? Probably need to fork over a bunch of cash to EA for the player packs.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #99
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Isn't HUT pay-to-win? Probably need to fork over a bunch of cash to EA for the player packs.
It usually is to some degree. With the addition of the HUT challenges this year it makes it a lot easier to build a competitive roster as you can earn up to 100K in coins and get rewarded a ton of rare player packs without having to spend a dime.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HighLifeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #100
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
It usually is to some degree. With the addition of the HUT challenges this year it makes it a lot easier to build a competitive roster as you can earn up to 100K in coins and get rewarded a ton of rare player packs without having to spend a dime.
It's BS any time you can get advantage by using real money in a competitive multiplayer game and it shouldn't be supported.

Imagine that you good buy a better gun in Overwatch. People would be going nuts. Not sure why it's tolerated in EA's NHL games.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote