Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #1281
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nope.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:23 AM   #1282
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
There's no way we are going to see much resolution next week is there?
Yeah... It's become apparent they stretched the season out with a few episodes worth of pointless content to avoid putting the main confrontation in this season. Pretty weak.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:50 AM   #1283
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

What didn't make sense was Cyndie in Oceanside. "We want to help, but it has to be all of us, or none of us". WTF? What, like the children and elderly, too? Why not send the capable willing ones?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:04 AM   #1284
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will Dwight really help the Grimes Gang beat Negan? I have my doubts about him, I hope Daryl steals his vest back.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:37 AM   #1285
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Michonne in the tree with the sniper rifle looked absolutely terrible. Can someone please show that actress how to hold a rifle!! Remember when Michonne was a cool character that was deadly with the Sword? Amateur hour with the rifle has made her the least cool character now.

Pregnant Maggie outside the wall gardening for fun?? Isn't she in hiding from the Saviors?

Eugene giving Sasha the pill in a Ziplock bag....hmm I wonder when they find her dead what they will think of a unexplained ziplock in her cell? The Eugene character is way smarter than that.

Rick just forking over huge amounts of guns and ammo to the garbage pail kids because they look like respectable people.... Have any of them actually even shot a gun? What says trustworthy or warriors about these people?

Man the writing in this show has gotten to be unbelievably terrible.
Texas Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:45 AM   #1286
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

^^^ Sasha doesnt want to kill herself. She wanted Eugene to get her something to kill with, a knife. She wants it to kill Negan.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:47 AM   #1287
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
Michonne in the tree with the sniper rifle looked absolutely terrible. Can someone please show that actress how to hold a rifle!!.
What was worse was the actors fake rifle recoils during the big zombie battle at ocean side.

Horrible.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 09:48 AM   #1288
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
^^^ Sasha doesnt want to kill herself. She wanted Eugene to get her something to kill with, a knife. She wants it to kill Negan.
I know. Im just saying the Eugene character wouldn't give her a bag that would be found and could be traced back to him. Just thought it was sloppy but it fit right in with all the other sloppiness we have seen this season. The characters haven't gotten sloppy but the writing sure has!
Texas Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:48 AM   #1289
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

They really did a good job of killing all the positive momentum they had with Negan. That extra 3-4 episodes of unneeded content and meandering really killed the pacing what could have been a really great season.

A fan edit that compresses the season and gets rid of some of the needless storylines would result in a top notch show.

This season was really a missed opportunity.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 11:27 AM   #1290
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoyed that episode much more than last week's, and it sets up what I think will be a solid finale that will hopefully make up for a fairly weak season. Looks like the finale will be 90 minutes, but even with that extra time I don't see how they'll possibly resolve everything. We're definitely getting a cliffhanger.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #1291
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
I enjoyed that episode much more than last week's, and it sets up what I think will be a solid finale that will hopefully make up for a fairly weak season. Looks like the finale will be 90 minutes, but even with that extra time I don't see how they'll possibly resolve everything. We're definitely getting a cliffhanger.
Of course! It wouldnt be TWD without one!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #1292
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Did you expect something different the way this show is written?
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #1293
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If we're honest, it's about 50-55 minutes with 40 minutes of commercials.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #1294
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
If we're honest, it's about 50-55 minutes with 40 minutes of commercials.
Its how they pay for this show. I'd love to know what TWD generates in Ad revenue.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-27-2017, 12:32 PM   #1295
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Its how they pay for this show. I'd love to know what TWD generates in Ad revenue.
Certainly shows in the CGI.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #1296
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Very suspect writing in this episode, but actually the writing in the Walking Dead suffers from time to time. I swear to god if there's no payoff or resolution next week I'm done with this show. I know alot of people say that and then watch the next season, but honestly this show is getting weaker every season.
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:03 PM   #1297
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Certainly shows in the CGI.
Whenever I see their CGI it makes me wonder if the producers are skimming. Shows with a budget a sliver of TWD's have better CGI.

Its almost like its either a scam or they're pranking us.

Is Ashton Kutcher going to pop out at some point and laugh in our faces?

Old 03-27-2017, 02:15 PM   #1298
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

AMC is likely funneling the extra income from TWD into other shows like Into the Badlands and Preacher until those shows develop an audience and pay for themselves. You also have to consider other shows that are in development.

It's the same way that movie studios put out big stupid blockbusters that make a ton of money so they can make a bunch of other quality films that will most likely just break even.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 02:34 PM   #1299
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck-Hater View Post
Very suspect writing in this episode, but actually the writing in the Walking Dead suffers from time to time. I swear to god if there's no payoff or resolution next week I'm done with this show. I know alot of people say that and then watch the next season, but honestly this show is getting weaker every season.
This is actually my favourite season in a while, thanks solely to Negan, Dwight, Carol, Ezekiel, Rick, the recurring Saviour henchmen, Hilltop leader. The characters have been more fun to follow than they ever have been. And interesting characters allow me to forgive other things.

Of course the other parts of the show have declined, like visuals, writing, irrelevant episodes devoted to bland supporting characters, awful... and just more general laziness in the details.

It'll be a royal piss off if they do 15 episodes of build up to not resolve anything but it's TWD and they've never really been about delivering much of a payoff after building tension. It's usually a quick/easy out of whatever conflict occurs. So we'll see, but my prediction is they'll only tease promise of a yet larger war to come and rely on another gory character(s) death for shock factor. And there will be a lot of wasted time at the Kingdom away from the main location/storyline of interest. It's TWD way.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #1300
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Of course! It wouldnt be TWD without one!
Yea, I know. But just once I'd love to see this show tie everything up and start the following season with a fresh story line. I don't read the comics, so I have no idea what's coming up after Negan. But I'd like to see them come up with a more interesting angle for SSN 8, instead of the standard "Rick and the gang meet a new group/villain and end up in a war" plot. This show needs a serious injection of creativity if they want to keep people watching. I'd like to see them explore more of the bigger cities, which they haven't done since SSN 5. Or maybe they could get back to looking at the cause of the initial outbreak and the search for a cure, etc... There must be more of those government labs sprinkled throughout the country where scientists and military people were investigating the outbreak. More of that stuff would be cool I think. But I'm not a TV writer, so what do I know?

I wonder if they've ever thought of shortening the seasons? Maybe doing something like 12 episodes instead of 16 would force the writers to sharpen their focus a bit more, trim the fat, and really get to the meat of the narrative.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote