Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2019, 09:52 PM   #2261
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Solid episode tonight. I'd say Alpha is more psychotic and ruthless than any previous villain. Samantha Morton is great.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:55 AM   #2262
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
Decent episode tonight. Nice to see Opie again, even if we didn't actually *see* much of him.

The Whisperers continue to be suitably freaky. I don't know if a garotte could really do that, that quickly though.

The guy that plays Henry is the brother of the girl who played Sophia way back in S1 and 2.
Short answer? No chance, but this show has never been interested in being realistic with the physics, so it's par for the course.

I get the animal/pack leader theme they're throwing down, but that scene was just so painful to watch.

"I challenge you"
*proceeds to stand virtually motionless and not arm themselves while the alpha slowly gets close enough to garotte/stab them with absolutely no resistance*

Makes no sense.

Also, for a group that lives out in the open among the walkers, they sure seemed to get surprised by them easily. I'm surprised any of them are still alive.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2019, 06:09 AM   #2263
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
The guy that plays Henry is the brother of the girl who played Sophia way back in S1 and 2.
He's also the older brother of the kid who played the younger version of Henry before the time jump.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:16 AM   #2264
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
"I challenge you"
*proceeds to stand virtually motionless and not arm themselves while the alpha slowly gets close enough to garotte/stab them with absolutely no resistance*

Makes no sense.

Also, for a group that lives out in the open among the walkers, they sure seemed to get surprised by them easily. I'm surprised any of them are still alive.
Those two can easily be explained. The first- maybe previous challenges were more formal. The person issues the challenge, and some sort of arena is setup for the challenge to happen. This time was different.

As for the walkers coming in- they probably had the herd's movements planned to a tee, and then Darryl did something to attract them in.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:38 AM   #2265
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
As for the walkers coming in- they probably had the herd's movements planned to a tee, and then Darryl did something to attract them in.
That was my thought as well. Darryl clearly drew the herd towards their camp as a distraction.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:04 AM   #2266
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

This group doesn't make any sense at all. I mean, the mechanics of it, surviving as long as they have with no base, no food stocks except killing deer...and who are all these people that choose to live like this? I could see maybe getting 10 or 20 together, but the numbers are baffling.

It also makes little sense to wander around with walkers when every other person left on Earth is happy enough to kill every walker you see. Like we saw on the bridge, you just risk getting confused for a walker and killed quickly.

And the young girl and Henry, they just walk near the heard with no mask on. And how does a mask prevent the walkers from detecting you, anyway?

I know, I know, logic has no place in this universe...still, it's kind of ridiculous.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2019, 09:33 AM   #2267
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Those two can easily be explained. The first- maybe previous challenges were more formal. The person issues the challenge, and some sort of arena is setup for the challenge to happen. This time was different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
That was my thought as well. Darryl clearly drew the herd towards their camp as a distraction.
Like kill the members that were controlling them.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:35 AM   #2268
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
This group doesn't make any sense at all. I mean, the mechanics of it, surviving as long as they have with no base, no food stocks except killing deer...and who are all these people that choose to live like this? I could see maybe getting 10 or 20 together, but the numbers are baffling..
The living out there living rough I can see. Natives lived in harsher conditions, it isn't beyond the realm (TWD realm) of possibility.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2019, 08:53 PM   #2269
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
This group doesn't make any sense at all. I mean, the mechanics of it, surviving as long as they have with no base, no food stocks except killing deer...and who are all these people that choose to live like this? I could see maybe getting 10 or 20 together, but the numbers are baffling.

It also makes little sense to wander around with walkers when every other person left on Earth is happy enough to kill every walker you see. Like we saw on the bridge, you just risk getting confused for a walker and killed quickly.

And the young girl and Henry, they just walk near the heard with no mask on. And how does a mask prevent the walkers from detecting you, anyway?

I know, I know, logic has no place in this universe...still, it's kind of ridiculous.
They did establish in the first episodes that putting walker blood camouflages you from walkers. Being camouflaged by a full walker suit isn't a stretch.

There have historically been large groups of people who live a nomadic lifestyle. It was actually the norm until about 2000 years ago.

Edit:

It would also be a good strategy in small arms (with limited ammunition) and melee type combat to be able to blend into groups of walkers.

Last edited by blankall; 03-05-2019 at 09:04 PM.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:03 PM   #2270
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

There has been a lot of ridiculousness in this series, but this group takes the absurdity cake.

I'm surprised with how many people are enjoying the current direction and recent episodes. I've found since the mid-season finale that the show is heading right back into the ditch again.

This Alpha person is not scary to me at all. The group's dynamics and mere existence is dumb. This faux tension between the settlements isn't convincing.

Negan is the only redeeming part of the show right now.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #2271
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Short answer?

I get the animal/pack leader theme they're throwing down, but that scene was just so painful to watch.

"I challenge you"

Makes no sense.
Yep that was just ridiculous. Where was the challenge exactly? That was unbelievably lazy writing to establish alpha’s character.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:06 AM   #2272
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
The amount of commercials on that network is beyond ridiculous. Always feels like I'm watching about 30 minutes' worth of ads and promos for other series with maybe 25-30 minutes of TWD sprinkled in. All I can say is thank christ for PVRs.
Look, I like the show and I know what pays for it so they can fill their boots with the ads and commercials, I watch a few hours after live-release to skip them.

They gotta do their thing and we can do ours.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:04 AM   #2273
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

I suppose if I accept that Glen can survive under a dumpster, I have to accept that a 6 story fall down an elevator shaft isn't necessarily deadly.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:22 AM   #2274
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The highwayman switcheroo was super cheese.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:24 AM   #2275
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

I actually liked that storyline. In a world where nice people need to be jerks to survive, the Highwaymen find out that the Kingdom is also a group of nice people.
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #2276
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's fine, it was just cheesy with the movie causing them to go from willing to murder and steal everything to joining in a county fair. Like the writers were really stuck trying to come up with a compelling believable reason, so they shrugged their shoulders and hoped we wouldn't think about it to much.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:49 AM   #2277
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I suppose if I accept that Glen can survive under a dumpster, I have to accept that a 6 story fall down an elevator shaft isn't necessarily deadly.
Yea, that was definitely silly. The guy might still be alive, but would have likely broken his back, his neck, or even split his head open. But nope, he just gets up as if awakening from a night of drinking.
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 08:50 AM   #2278
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well there was about a shot glass worth of blood where his head was...so he kinda had a boo-boo!
Old 03-11-2019, 09:34 AM   #2279
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

This van says it all.

That Glen dumpster thing still pisses me off.

I am interested in seeing how the Highway Men fit in. Kind of a cheesy story line. I wonder where they get the supplies to keep those horses going, I mean horses aren't the most hardy animal.

Quote:

Last edited by undercoverbrother; 03-11-2019 at 09:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #2280
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

I liked the episode, but the mute (deaf or rip-leader?) chick going after the whisperers with a slingshot was amusing, even for the Walking Dead.
Ped is online now   Reply With Quote