Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #561
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Old 03-13-2018, 10:27 AM   #562
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I had to post the video because the Gif really doesn't do it justice

Ashoka and Rex's first meeting and final talk

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #563
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I watched this with my 10 year old last night. i have said this before but my son watched TCW pretty much right from the start and saw all the movies at a young age. He loved them then, but it has been so much fun lately as he is really into it, has his own thoughts and ideas.

We watched TCW again last spring/summer and it was awesome that my son understood a lot more. As a lead up to The Last Jedi we re-watched all of the movies again.

We have watched every episode of Rebels together and since it was March Break I let him stay up last night and we watched the last there episodes live (ended at 10:30 here in Ontario).

We were totally expecting death and destruction and for only Hera and Chopper to survive. As the time slot was running out, I thought for sure that we'd see angry Vader just come in a wipe everyone out. We were so happy with the shock of a happy ending, I mean looking back, it's Disney, should have expected it I guess, but man, this is much more satisfying.

I am so looking forward to the new series. I suspect it will be a mix of new characters with Ashoka and Sabine having their arc trying to find Ezra. I am sure that they will tease Ezra as Snoke, but I am unsure if tey will go that route. My guess is though that we learn a lot about The Knights of Ren (Wren?) and maybe Sabine and Ashoka are involved in that? Maybe they all team up and Kylo is the eventual destruction of them all?

I am so happy with the amount of Star Wars we are given now. I know some people fear oversaturation with this franchise and Marvel, but with the audience so engaged and the franchises having so many ways to spin off into other areas of their respective galaxies, I don't think it is possible. At least for the hard core fans.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #564
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol why you doin this to me CC!
Old 03-13-2018, 11:05 AM   #565
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You're not the only one smelling onions and counting tiles in the ceiling.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #566
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Old 03-13-2018, 09:03 PM   #567
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Another amazing scene was the end of season two. Mainly the music just sold it as they flashed from character from character. The main debate all that summer, was Ashoka dead? What did it mean when she walked into that temple.

The final scene too a hint that Ezra was heading over the edge.

But that music, Rex's reaction, Ezra looking at the camera. Amazingly well done.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 03-13-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:19 PM   #568
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I re watched the first two episodes of Rebels today, man this series was good right from the start. The whole scene with Kanaan revealing he is a Jedi to his 'recruitment' of Ezra. Forgot how good that all was.

I do like that Rogue One actually has us questioning whether characters will live or not. I like the fact that characters in major franchise CAN actually be mortal. I fully expect Infinity War to have the same affect on the MCU.. one of their few but major criticisms so far being they inability to part with major characters permanently.

Tis a good time to be a Star Wars fan, I'm excited to watch my son experience all of this content as he grows up. Only 9 months but he likes the sound track! Today we were playing on his play mats, those puzzle pieces, and he had peeled off one of the ends and was hitting the ground with it, I just noticed it happened to be green.. so I peeled off the red one then swung mine to hit his and made the light saber sound, he stopped and his face lit up. I kept doing it, then I hummed the force theme song as we swung our foam light sabers and he started dancing, I couldn't help but laugh.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:11 PM   #569
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Rebels actually did a good job of fixing some major continuity problems that were showing up in the prequels. Clone Wars did that too.

Usually TV series made from movie franchises don't add much because they keep them fairly seperate. Animated Star Wars really deepened the GFFA.

Great story about you and your boy Lantern

Old 03-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #570
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

so with the series over in my mind these are some questions left un-answered

1) Is Sabine force sensitive? - In the episode Wolves in the Door she asked Zeb if he was hearing voices in Hyperspace, These voices were the voices of Kanan recapping his journey with Ezra. Also there was that whole thing where Ezra gave her a purpose without telling her the purpose in the end.

2) Will Jacen have a role in a future show? - He's a natural pilot like his mother. Filoni also seems to like common threads through his series. Could Jacen be the Ashoka character in the next show?

3) If there is a new series which rebels show up in it? - Are we going to see Zeb and Kallus again? How about any of the Clones? do Sabine and Ashoka show up or do they seperate out that time line? What about Hondo, he's another common character?

4) What's next for Thrawn? - If you follow the new EU, Thrawn came out of the unknown regions, now he's been sent back. We also know that the new order sprang from there. So what role does he have in the First Order? Does he establish the Empire of the Hand which becomes part of the Order? And if he does, is he part of the purge that happens before the Force Awakens.

5) What about Ezra - Do he and Thrawn hang around playing cards and waiting for rescue? Do we see the continuation of their fight? Or is Ezra tied up in the new order?

6) Could we get more then one animated series? - We have multiple story lines, one of course is Sabine and Ashoka and they put huge weight on that one. The other is to fill in the blanks between the OT and the ST.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:20 AM   #571
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was wondering if I need to watch Clone Wars before watching this or can I just jump into this?
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:46 AM   #572
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You can watch Rebels as a standalone without watching Clone Wars. But there are a lot of characters that come across from Clone Wars, and you might feel like your missing something in terms of backstory of some of the characters.

The Maul stuff was set up in clone Wars as was the Ashoka Tano stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 11:12 AM   #573
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like the next animated series is coming this fall to Disney Channel.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...for-fall-debut

Based on the description, it sounds like this will try to be for the new movies what Rebels was for the original trilogy.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:21 PM   #574
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Was wondering if I need to watch Clone Wars before watching this or can I just jump into this?
Not really but Clone Wars was awesome too FYI.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:53 PM   #575
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Looking forward to it, I was hoping for something a little more immediate after ROTJ then something that jumps right into the age of the movies.

I still think the fight against the Imperial Remnant that still controls most of the galaxy that has fallen into chaos and things that hint at the rise of the First Order would be awesome.

By moving it that far into the future, I doubt that we see a resolution to Ezra's and Ashoka's story.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #576
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Looking forward to it, I was hoping for something a little more immediate after ROTJ then something that jumps right into the age of the movies.

I still think the fight against the Imperial Remnant that still controls most of the galaxy that has fallen into chaos and things that hint at the rise of the First Order would be awesome.

By moving it that far into the future, I doubt that we see a resolution to Ezra's and Ashoka's story.
I don't care about seeing more of Ezra at all, but I was hoping Filoni's next series would be set in the post-RotJ/pre-TFA era and center around Ahsoka and Sabine (plus some new characters to round out the cast) in their search of the Unknown Regions for Ezra. There they would encounter Thrawn, Snoke, and the nascent First Order, filling in some of the details that were missing from the movies.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2018, 03:40 PM   #577
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So thinking about Resistance. I have all the faith in the world in Filoni. He basically repaired the Clone Wars storyline, and he in my mind fixed the Empire with his two series.

He made Vader just outright deadly in a few short appearances and made us understand that he was not the conflicted Vader that we saw in the movies.

He made the Empire more deadly and competent in the last couple of years of the series.

To me, he's got a big job ahead of him.

He has to find a way to make the first order a threat, because they're basically terrible at their job in the movies. Their leaders are also not really all that daunting.

Snoke - Doofus, cut in half
Hux - Incompetent leader who's hated by his own guys
Kylo Ren - Terrible military commander and petulant teenager
Phasma - Terrible.

The first order loses Star Killer Base, and then see's their military strength pretty much crushed by the destruction of their capital city ship and most of the fleet.

On the other side, I think that they really have to reform Poe a bit because he hovers between Competent, incompetent and at times unlikeable.

I would assume that we won't see Rey in this series, and I would hope that they would keep Leia and Hans and Luke's involvement to a minimum.

But they really have to make the First Order deadly and far more competent that it has been.

They should certainly focus on the split between the Resistance and the New Republic and how that came to be.

I would like to see them do what they did in Rebels and make Snoke this menace that doesn't show up until the end.

I would think that we're going to see Grand Admiral Sloan and Hux.

I would assume at some point we'll meet a young Ben Solo and his conflict with his family and Han leaving.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:54 PM   #578
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

The series takes place before the events of TFA, so I highly doubt we'll ever see Rey or Luke or Han & Chewie. It makes sense that Leia would be featured prominently, though, showing more of her role as leader of the Resistance and her mentor/mentee relationship with Poe.

One thing I'm hoping for is no Jedi (except possibly an extremely rare cameo by Ahsoka once or twice in the entire series). Focus on the regular people in the Resistance, not the supermen/superwomen. Maybe we'll even see Wedge as an experienced flight leader for a rookie Poe. I liked Rebels well enough, but I thought the series would have been much stronger if Ezra was just a normal streetwise kid and not a powerful force user and Kanan had to keep his abilities secret from the Empire lest he be hunted down by Vader, only breaking out his lightsaber and/or using his powers a few times each season when they were most desperate and had no other choice. That would have created some interesting dramatic tension: does Kanan use his powers to help the team right now knowing that doing so draws unwanted attention to himself and risks putting the team in greater danger later?
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2018, 04:09 PM   #579
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I would like to see Ashoka show up. she was probably in her mid 30's in Rebels, so she'd probably be in her mid 60's by TFA's.

Yeah I'd like to see very few Jedi if any in a new series, I still think Luke would have been very reluctant to start training Jedi.

But having an early episode where you see Leia with her son, and then in the last season seeing s First Order major attack that starts showing the First Order ascension and the shuttle ramp drops and you see Kylo step out, might be cool.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #580
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll be very surprised if we don't, at some point in the future, get a Sabine and Ahsoka show that takes place after Return of the Jedi. The end of Rebels just sets that up so nicely and also works well with the whole girl power thing Disney has going with the new Star Wars stories.