Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2020, 09:31 PM   #2521
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Like a cup above ground. There are a few examples. Obviously not as good as a hole though.
This is what they’re doing in Phoenix area
Old 04-06-2020, 09:58 PM   #2522
2ArmBands
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I haven’t received any information from my club other than the obvious. However I did get an email from River Spirit a few days back saying that they plan to open May 1. Weather permitting obviously.
2ArmBands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:03 PM   #2523
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I would actually love 15 - 20 minute tee times. You'll just have to book your rounds with a little more forethought than other seasons.
You'd have to book a lot sooner as there would be less prime time tees available.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:08 PM   #2524
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Okanagan golf clubs stay the course but amp up COVID-19 cleaning protocols

Quote:
“We’re limiting club house access, moving away from using cash, all those steps,” said Okanagan Golf Course general manager Dan Matheson.

“You realize that golf courses are popular places to be during all this. Though we’re not open until April 9, cleaning has already taken place and we’re constantly messaging our members. Tee times will be staggered, certain touch points (golf carts, flags, rakes etc.) are being taken away for the limited opportunity of spread.”
Quote:
At the Kelowna Golf and Country Club, general manager David Walker has extended protocols to mitigate the risks of coronavirus spread, including cancelling all events and limiting access to just club members.

“They’re extensive (measures) but for the most part the mood is fairly positive for our golfers. They enjoy being outside and it’s fairly safe and we’re doing our part to make sure it stays safe,” said Walker.

Details as obscure as decreasing the size of the cup on the greens have been taken as well as the main concerns of shutting down the pro shop, restaurant and increasing sanitation staff.

But with constant updates coming from government health officials, it’s tough to know where the golf courses will lay in a week’s time.

“There’s so much uncertainty,” said Walker.

“We’ll continue to restrict and monitor things until we’re told otherwise. You can’t make promises and we don’t know how long this will be, but we’ll do the best we can.”
https://www.kelownacapnews.com/sport...ing-protocols/
Old 04-07-2020, 04:02 AM   #2525
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

The Nanton golf course hired a person with a drone late last August to do an aerial view of all the holes on the course. The course is a bit of a drive for golfers in the Calgary area. We thought the video's would give prospective golfers views of course before they made the drive here and help in their decision.

Of course the video of hole #13 is the one I got my Hole in One on in 2017

Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the video's of each hole

https://nantongolfclub.ca/golf-course/#flyovers
Old 04-07-2020, 05:48 AM   #2526
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nenshi was asked about golf courses last week in one of his press conferences and he said it’s probably not worth the risk letting them open. Said it’s like tennis courts not opening.

I’ll post a link later... but it didn’t sound promising.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:18 AM   #2527
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if some courses could even survive with 20 minute ttimes
Old 04-07-2020, 08:16 AM   #2528
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
Nenshi was asked about golf courses last week in one of his press conferences and he said it’s probably not worth the risk letting them open. Said it’s like tennis courts not opening.

There are lots of courses outside the city that will open if the city blocks them. That is of course if the province doesn't say they can't.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:17 AM   #2529
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Can you ride out 20 minute tee times for a few months till things can be brought back to a more normal state? I'm not sure but its probably better then nothing? Especially with the feds wage subsidy.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:27 AM   #2530
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can you ride out 20 minute tee times for a few months till things can be brought back to a more normal state? I'm not sure but its probably better then nothing? Especially with the feds wage subsidy.
?, but I know the course I go to is not that busy, except for weekends. so when you think maybe 4 x $100 every 7 minutes compared to 20 minutes, that's a lot of money lost on weekends. Also tournaments are huge for the course, so I wonder about those.

anyways, our gm is still planning on opening like normal, probably because the weather says it is going to be at least a month, so he's in no panic yet.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:29 AM   #2531
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
?, but I know the course I go to is not that busy, except for weekends. so when you think maybe 4 x $100 every 7 minutes compared to 20 minutes, that's a lot of money lost on weekends. Also tournaments are huge for the course, so I wonder about those.

anyways, our gm is still planning on opening like normal, probably because the weather says it is going to be at least a month, so he's in no panic yet.
Which course if you don't mind me asking?
Old 04-07-2020, 08:52 AM   #2532
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Which course if you don't mind me asking?
It's closer to Edmonton
Old 04-07-2020, 09:04 AM   #2533
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure how courses could make a go of it with 20 minute tee times unless prices are raised accordingly. But I could see something closer to 12-15 minutes. I notice a difference between courses that use 10 minutes instead of 8. Add a few more minutes would improve it more. I really hope golf has a season this year, it's one of the things I look forward to most and with a reduced work schedule I might actually have some time to take advantage.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:16 AM   #2534
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post

Nenshi knows squat about golf and very many things in life actually. Obviously he doesn't go out and exercise much. He can only close the city courses.

Last edited by darklord700; 04-07-2020 at 09:18 AM.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:18 AM   #2535
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Why 20 minute tee times? 12 minutes should be sufficient.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:22 AM   #2536
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
You'd have to book a lot sooner as there would be less prime time tees available.
If courses are open and we're all still on lock-down it's going to be impossible to get a tee time. Look at how many people are out walking on a nice day as it is. Now add in that you've been doing this for another month and finally get a chance to go out with a couple friends, have a beer or two and have a few laughs. I'd pay $100 to do that at a terrible course at this point!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:37 AM   #2537
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Why 20 minute tee times? 12 minutes should be sufficient.
fine with me, wasn't my idea, I was just repeating someone else.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #2538
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm afraid longer tee times will just make idiots play slower and look for balls longer haha.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #2539
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Nenshi knows squat about golf and very many things in life actually. Obviously he doesn't go out and exercise much. He can only close the city courses.

Don't shoot the messenger. LOL.I agree with your sentiment 1000%. Nenshi is generally a fool and doesn't know #### all about much!

Press Conference is here, skip to 39:15

"No decision has been made... but it would difficult to image that golf is an essential service"
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:49 AM   #2540
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
If courses are open and we're all still on lock-down it's going to be impossible to get a tee time. Look at how many people are out walking on a nice day as it is. Now add in that you've been doing this for another month and finally get a chance to go out with a couple friends, have a beer or two and have a few laughs. I'd pay $100 to do that at a terrible course at this point!
Membership and advanced booking has it privileges. Btw I won't forget should the season open.

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow