Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #81
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Must be nice. Suck in the playoffs... we sign ALL your friends!
Yeah the Flames should have not signed the best goalie available to teach him a lesson for having a bad playoffs

lol what a dumb comment
Old 10-19-2020, 03:18 PM   #82
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
We need to get Wallmark... knock off of Walmart, yet the knock off would probably be better than the original!
Yeah! Only those snooty Bourgeoisie shop at 'Name Brand' Wal-Mart!! What about the rest of us??

We need Off-Brand Discount Goods!!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 03:18 PM   #83
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Must be nice. Suck in the playoffs... we sign ALL your friends!
Terrible take. Waste of bandwidth.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:19 PM   #84
Cobra
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Good signing.
A soft team need more Swedes.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:25 PM   #85
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

A Swede who won the Cup with Chicago and played with the 2018 Hurricanes ... If he had been a 2013 first round pick, he would have checked all of Treliving's boxes.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:29 PM   #86
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I just find it hard to believe that you can't fetch better players than Rinaldo and Nordstrom for your bottom six, even at league minimum. Both are players I'd rather have earn spots through PTOs, but that's just me I suppose. I hope treliving knows we don't have to approach our 10th-13th forwards like its 2002.

If the goal is to have a fourth line that hits but also sucks eating up portions of the game for you then Brad is hitting a home run. Guy better be a good PKer.

The next forward move better be for someone with offensive ability, I will say that much.

Last edited by djsFlames; 10-19-2020 at 03:31 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 03:30 PM   #87
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Yeah the Flames should have not signed the best goalie available to teach him a lesson for having a bad playoffs

lol what a dumb comment
Sorry. I guess it must chap your cheerleader ass everytime someone criticizes a flame! LOL.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:31 PM   #88
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I just find it hard to believe that you can't fetch better players than Rinaldo and Nordstrom for your bottom six, even at league minimum. Both are players I'd rather have earn spots through PTOs, but thats just me.

If the goal is to have a fourth line that hits but also sucks eating up portions of the game for you then Brad is hitting a home run.

The next forward move better be for someone with offensive ability, I will say that much.
Which is why I think veterans on a "show me" contract, or players winding down their career with specific skill traits are the best for the fourth line. They know their roles, they come cheap, and can still contribute (somewhat) both on and off the ice. I would be confident Tre could get a couple of these for at or close to league minimum.

I am not impressed with this Nordstrom signing, but I will reserve judgement until I see him play.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:32 PM   #89
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another Viking joins the raiding party, for the glory of Odin!

Edit: go easy I made this on Paint lol.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 03:34 PM   #90
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Boston fans seem to really like this dude. Say he always goes out and gives it his all and turns it up big time in the playoffs.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Burning Beard For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 03:36 PM   #91
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I just find it hard to believe that you can't fetch better players than Rinaldo and Nordstrom for your bottom six, even at league minimum. Both are players I'd rather have earn spots through PTOs, but that's just me I suppose. I hope treliving knows we don't have to approach our 10th-13th forwards like its 2002.

If the goal is to have a fourth line that hits but also sucks eating up portions of the game for you then Brad is hitting a home run. Guy better be a good PKer.

Who are these hidden gems?
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:38 PM   #92
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
Good signing.
A soft team need more Swedes.
I assume sarcasm?

If so, ridiculous and erroneous attempt.

Not a single Swede on the Flames, including Nordstrom, warrants being called soft.

ZERO! They play a lot HARDER game than a couple of their NA teammates.
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to timbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 03:43 PM   #93
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice energy guy. My problem with this signing and Rinaldo signing is flames don’t have cap space . They could have put the money spent on these 2 forwards for a better forward. I’m fine with them on the team but I just rather see the money allocated differently
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:45 PM   #94
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Nice energy guy. My problem with this signing and Rinaldo signing is flames don’t have cap space . They could have put the money spent on these 2 forwards for a better forward. I’m fine with them on the team but I just rather see the money allocated differently

Who did you want them to sign for 1.4 million? They still need to fill out the roster and have some depth
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 03:48 PM   #95
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Who did you want them to sign for 1.4 million? They still need to fill out the roster and have some depth
I would think you could get a better player for $1.4 million. Also want to see a youngster given a shot on 4th line
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:49 PM   #96
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Who are these hidden gems?
Soderberg, Leivo, Perry, Galchenyuk, Grabner, Haula, Sheary.

I'd trade both the Nordstrom and Rinaldo signings for any one of the above. They're not great players in their own right but at least each has made some kind of impact in their history at this level or have upside yet to offer.

Rinaldo we had to keep to 3-5 minutes of ice time in the play ins cause he's a liability and this guy is a downgrade on even Jankowski offensively.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #97
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry. I guess it must chap your cheerleader ass everytime someone criticizes a flame! LOL.
Seems like everyone agrees with me...again the Flames shouldn't have signed the best goalie available because he is friends with a guy on our team that had an bad playoff? Is that what you are saying?

Don't trade for Kane because he is friends with Gaudreau?

Last edited by dino7c; 10-19-2020 at 03:54 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #98
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait, people are ####ting on a player for playing poorly after his significant other went through a miscarriage?
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2020, 03:53 PM   #99
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Guy was good enough to play for the Bruins in the Stanley Cup final last season with some heroic standing ovation PKing. He is probably good enough for the Flames
Old 10-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #100
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
What? These contracts, being at the minimum, cannot be allocated more efficiently. You need 14 forwards, so spending the minimum on bodies 13 and 14 means that you have the most possible leftover for guy number 12.

It is literally the opposite of the concern you raised.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote