Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-13-2021, 07:54 PM   #1521
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
With the significant drop in ATD.B today, what are the long term prospects? I think it’s risky for any business to suddenly move into another countries markets so I think the drop was warranted. I put an order at $36 even, which didn’t get filled but I’m curious on others opinions.
I think the market would be fine with another country, as they have successfully integrated convenience stores all over the place. I think the concern is the move into grocery, which is a bit of a different game than they are used to playing.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:09 PM   #1522
skudr248
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
With the significant drop in ATD.B today, what are the long term prospects? I think it’s risky for any business to suddenly move into another countries markets so I think the drop was warranted. I put an order at $36 even, which didn’t get filled but I’m curious on others opinions.
I bought 833 shares of it today @ 37, guess we will find out!
skudr248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:10 PM   #1523
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiches View Post
AMCI is only getting started. Today was absolute face rip day. That being said, I'll be 75% out by 20, and riding profit into merger and post, where I'll play again

Want another play, look at QS. Then look at FUBO and RMO daily. I took a position today, and played both FUBO and RMO yesterday and today. Also, QS is lithium batteries for EV. Currently sitting just under 61.8% fib and VPoC with high vol nodes. Exact same set up as FUBO and RMO.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
I really like FUBO and got so lucky with it as I was in at $27 and left at $58 within 2 weeks. Got back in at $27 and left at $37 yesterday. It’s just been insane on the volatility front.

Another one that I lucked out with was GameStop at $13 a month ago and that BoD news for them took it to $35 where I got out at $32...
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:44 AM   #1524
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Recent buys for me include:

NKLA
LI.VN
CURA.CN
AMCI

Today I am looking to buy:
TAN
SPCE
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:45 AM   #1525
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gonna wait on SPCE, up big premarket.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:22 AM   #1526
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
I don't have the time/skill to be day-trading as much as you guys, but feel free to keep dropping more hot tips and knowledge! I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the insight.

I anticipate with Biden's stimulus speech tomorrow, anything remotely green will stay hot for the foreseeable future. It's a bit funny though, I don't think most people realize how much mining and metals are required for all these "renewable" energy solutions. So long term, instead of trying to guess the winners, I'm investing in the commodities that are going to be supplying all them.
I'm the same way. I swing scalp, playing sector momentum and cult midcap/large caps. I look for bottomed out sectors with likely catalysts (Weed, EV for example with Biden), and then play the spread along the pennies. take positions, then go do work and monitor. every spike, sell into the spike for 20% gains, then let it settle and cycle my profit elsewhere.

This week has been overextended on all the sectors, so I'm playing cult midcaps that move fast, like QS/FUBO/RMO looking for reversals. I'm confident in my strategy, so park about 25-30% of my capital in these and let them earn me 20% without having to worry about them inside of 2-3 days. I'm doing this while i wait for the correction to play itself out, and for weed and ev to find their consolidation levels.

I find this strategy works best for ones with a FT.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:25 AM   #1527
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
Gonna wait on SPCE, up big premarket.
SPCE is stellar. I had to walk away from my computer yesterday because of that move, as i was so excited. I parked 40% of my capital in that at $24, and am holding til $40, or until weed/ev come back to earth and I need the funds.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:49 AM   #1528
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Excellent financial news from SCR.to it keeps going up:

Quote:
- Total gaming handle on theScore Bet up 535% year-over-year -

- New all-time quarterly record for media revenue and esports video views -

- theScore considering a listing on a U.S. stock exchange -
The Following User Says Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 09:34 AM   #1529
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just sold my SCR after getting in at $1.60. 45% return in 10 days.

Earnings are good but with the share consolidation, I think the $2.00 target price is about right. If it dips below that I will buy up more.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:08 AM   #1530
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I almost played SCR and am kicking myself for not doing it. I picked a uranium play instead.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:16 AM   #1531
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Although it may take a while, I don't think a uranium play is going to leave you unhappy when all is said and done.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 10:25 AM   #1532
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Although it may take a while, I don't think a uranium play is going to leave you unhappy when all is said and done.
Perhaps, but it seems if I had better timing I could have leapt from SCR and still taken a comfortable uranium position! Oh well.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:53 AM   #1533
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm kicking myself for not getting in ESI @ 50c 6 months ago, trading at $1.30 right now
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:39 PM   #1534
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What do you see as an upside for SCR?

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:41 PM   #1535
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
What do you see as an upside for SCR?
I don’t know what those are doing, but the big upside is that (a) it’s the most downloaded sports app in Canada and (b) the legalization of single game sports betting in Canada.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 06:58 PM   #1536
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondros View Post
Another one that I lucked out with was GameStop at $13 a month ago and that BoD news for them took it to $35 where I got out at $32...
I think the explosion was/is largely due to the January 15 short squeeze as short sellers covered their margins. Still big move and surprised it held and rose today.

I ended up buying a couple long puts today for after the squeeze and cohen lustre subsides. It will be volatile for a while though.

I don’t really see the upside. Their retail arm is in the tank and they are not the first name in a highly competitive online marketplace.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 11:14 PM   #1537
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
SPCE is stellar. I had to walk away from my computer yesterday because of that move, as i was so excited. I parked 40% of my capital in that at $24, and am holding til $40, or until weed/ev come back to earth and I need the funds.
I was into IPOA before it was SPCE.
Wish I was in for more.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #1538
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Want a good stock to look at now for short term swing (this week), watch DGLY. Body cams etc. It is one of, if not the most popular penny when riots happen. I am in on an average of 1.57 from last week, and the last spike was to almost 4.

I bought as soon as the riots started in the US on Capitol Hill. I would not marry this stock (or any penny for that matter). Play the pop, whatever that may be, as it's a crummy penny (they all are...) that will leave you bag holding if you don't have an exit plan. I anticipate at least high 3s, and will scale accordingly. Wait for a dip buy though, as it's getting pumped this morning.

**edit** i revise my original PT on this. 4.4s easy. 7s were hit because of George Floyd, and now this is country wide in the US. Will scale at 4s, let rest ride.

Any update on your feeling about this lately? I've got some down on it and the needle hasn't moved in a couple days. Still optimistic about a spike? (well, second spike above 3).
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:24 PM   #1539
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYRULES View Post
Good day for AMCI and CCIV today. Hope some of you hopped on board when I first posted.

AMCI warrants criminally undervalued still and I think a minimum 3 bagger from where they sit now.

CCIV... I'm not sure if there's any tuning back. Once the Lucid rumor is confirmed..... it'll go parabolic. My mind can't even process it. I think I might hold long even tough the original plan was to get out pre merger. I can see alot of capital redeployed from TSLA over once the ticker changes.
I was reading the S4 release for AMCI and can't make heads or tails in terms of why the warrants are so undervalued. This excerpt gives me pause however:

Quote:
Each Public Warrant entitles the registered holder to purchase one share of New AMCI common stock at a price of $11.50 per share, subject to adjustment as discussed below, at any time commencing 30 days after the Closing. The Public Warrants will expire five years after the Closing of the Business Combination, at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, or earlier upon redemption or liquidation.

We will not be obligated to deliver any shares of New AMCI common stock pursuant to the exercise of a Public Warrant and will have no obligation to settle such warrant exercise unless a registration statement under the Securities Act with respect to the shares of New AMCI common stock underlying the warrants is then effective and a prospectus relating thereto is current, subject to our satisfying our obligations described below with respect to registration. No warrant will be exercisable and we will not be obligated to issue shares of New AMCI common stock upon exercise of a warrant unless the New AMCI common stock issuable upon such warrant exercise has been registered, qualified or deemed to be exempt under the securities laws of the state of residence of the registered holder of the warrants. In the event that the conditions in the two immediately preceding sentences are not satisfied with respect to a Public Warrant, the holder of such warrant will not be entitled to exercise such warrant and such warrant may have no value and expire worthless. In no event will we be required to net cash settle any warrant.

We are not registering the shares of New AMCI common stock issuable upon exercise of the Public Warrants at this time. However, we have agreed that as soon as practicable, but in no event later than 15 business days after the Closing of the Business Combination, we will use our best efforts to file with the SEC a registration statement covering the shares of New AMCI common stock issuable upon exercise of the warrants, to cause such registration statement to become effective and to maintain a current prospectus relating to those shares of New AMCI common stock until the warrants expire or are redeemed, as specified in the warrant agreement. If a registration statement covering the shares of New AMCI common stock issuable upon exercise of the warrants is not effective by the 60th business day after the Closing of the Business Combination, warrantholders may, until such time as there is an effective registration statement and during any period when we will have failed to maintain an effective registration statement, exercise warrants on a “cashless basis” in accordance with Section 3(a)(9) of the Securities Act or another exemption. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a registration statement covering the New AMCI common stock issuable upon exercise of the warrants is not effective within a specified period following the Closing of the Business Combination, warrant holders may, until such time as there is an effective registration statement and during any period when we shall have failed to maintain an effective registration statement, exercise warrants on a cashless basis pursuant to the exemption provided by Section 3(a)(9) of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or the Securities Act, provided that such exemption is available. If that exemption, or another exemption, is not available, holders will not be able to exercise their warrants on a cashless basis.
nce the Public Warrants become exercisable, we may call the warrants for redemption:

in whole and not in part;

at a price of $0.01 per warrant;

upon not less than 30 days’ prior written notice of redemption to each warrantholder; and

if, and only if, the reported last sale price of the New AMCI common stock equals or exceeds $18.00 per share (as adjusted for stock splits, stock dividends, reorganizations, recapitalizations and the like) for any 20 trading days within a 30-trading day period ending three business days before we send the notice of redemption to the warrantholders.
Reading it it sounds like some registration needs to happen or these could be worthless? I haven't read too many merger agreements so its hard to make heads or tails of this.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:37 PM   #1540
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondros View Post
I was reading the S4 release for AMCI and can't make heads or tails in terms of why the warrants are so undervalued. This excerpt gives me pause however:

Reading it it sounds like some registration needs to happen or these could be worthless? I haven't read too many merger agreements so its hard to make heads or tails of this.
I answered my own question - looks through Clover's S4 and its the exact same wording. I just don't understand the disconnect between the SP and the Warrant price then. I guess its the associated risk of a deal not closing and the SPAC effectively becoming worthless. The first merger that fell through on AMCI took a lot of their cash and if this deal were to fall through there would be even less cash. Atleast the shares would be entitled to some assets whereas the warrants intrinsic value goes to 0.

Last edited by Leondros; 01-15-2021 at 01:50 PM.