Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2021, 09:44 PM   #41
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
If you say yes, your actions better be congruent.
So I can not watch and still renew my season tix right?
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:59 PM   #42
CroCop
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
So I can not watch and still renew my season tix right?
I gave up my tickets a few years ago...way easier to change the channel than drive a couple hours two ways and saving a few grand every season.
CroCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:01 AM   #43
browntrout
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I was excited bat the beginning of the year, but reality has set in. I will check in from time to time to see the score, ultimately this is not a good team, time to overhaul the roster. Stuck in mediocrity for the last 32 years, very frustrating. Time for a rebuild, and I will start watching more closely once they commit to this path.
browntrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:08 AM   #44
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Once the game got to 4-1 I turned off the game. I'm probably going to start doing that a lot more or not watching games entirely. Watching this team play is starting to ruin my evenings so I think it's better to find something else to do.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 08:18 AM   #45
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

For a while now, the game is on in the background but rarely my main focus. The team is boring. They are not hard to play against.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 08:21 AM   #46
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
For a while now, the game is on in the background but rarely my main focus. The team is boring. They are not hard to play against.
The nice thing about these early games is that I can have them on in the background while I'm putting together dinner. As you say they are extremely boring to watch and it also doesn't help that you rarely get to watch them with a lead as they are usually trailing the opposition or at best tied.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:42 AM   #47
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it was around 2001 or so, we used to watch the first period then go up to the Press Club lounge for a beer at intermission. Half the time we'd just stay up there unless the game somehow got exciting enough to go back to the seats. Feels like that again.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:58 PM   #48
3rd Degree
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Why anyone would continue to watch this abomination is beyond me. Until they make a monumental change, it’s just not worth the pain and suffering.
3rd Degree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:35 AM   #49
Envitro
First Line Centre

Exp:

I usually PVR the game, start watching at regular speed, get bored then start skipping through until something of note happens. Or just leave it on in the background and work on my laptop.

This has been my M.O. for the past few weeks at least... sad but true
Envitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:08 AM   #50
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Stop watching?

I watched 2 mins of the 1st today before turning it off. Didn't watch any of the previous two games before tonight's game. I didn't watch the Leafs games, didn't even watch the Oilers games.

I mean, it's not like I've made some grand decision or something. It just feels like I've got better things to do with my time. These guys are all 10-25 years younger than me and make more money in a single 10-month season than I'll ever see in my lifetime... but I've seen people working at gas stations with a better work ethic.

No thanks. Literally have better things to do. It's actually pretty insulting when you stop to think about it.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2021, 01:25 AM   #51
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Whether you watch or not is your choice. But it won't influence any decisions the hockey club makes.
Except ratings. If no ones watching no management,owner or t.v that pays for the rights are happy.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:36 AM   #52
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Except ratings. If no ones watching no management,owner or t.v that pays for the rights are happy.

They only need us for the first couple of games and the job is done from a tv exec and advertiser perspective.

I’ve stopped watching weeks ago but could still confidently recite every Telus and Skip the Dishes commercial.

And I ####ing live in England.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2021, 03:31 AM   #53
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used to get excited for games.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:56 AM   #54
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ive watched every game for the last 10 years. This year is a different story. I don't get excited for games like i used either. I haven't watched a game in full in since the first week of the season. I dont get pumped up when they score like i used to. This team is simply boring to watch and they create zero offense to get you excited.

Its time for a major shake up and honestly there are no untouchables for me right now.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:54 AM   #55
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was really looking forward to this season with the compressed schedule and all. But stopped watching after the win in Vancouver when they really got their heads caved in. I could see the writing on the wall then and was not going to get invested in this team if they made me feel the way they did after that win. I could sense the losses about to pile up and the team implode. Wasn't going to subject myself to it and I made the right decision. Much more relaxing knowing the outcome and then playing the condensed game to see how piss poor they really played. What makes it easier is watching the condensed game with the Seinfeld soundtrack in your head. Much more entertaining.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:54 AM   #56
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Never. I will support the team no matter how bad they get, no matter if they deserve it or not.

While I don't think Ward is doing any favours for sure, the players have to foot their share of the blame.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2021, 07:42 AM   #57
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's like a drug. I watch and then I come down.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:45 AM   #58
edn88
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

After the first goal against last night, I flipped over to Youtube to watch Cracking the Cryptic. 'Nuff Said.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:08 AM   #59
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watch every game front to back and still look forward to watching games. Last night had me frustrated but I’m looking forward to seeing how they respond on Thursday.

While the product on the ice leaves a lot to be desired, I’ve got it engrained in my head to watch the team thru ups and downs and while the downs suck, it’s still part of it. Whenever they do turn it around, the highs of being a fan will be that much better knowing how I’ve suffered thru this current crap.

I never feel like me as a fan “deserves” anything from the team. It’s just part of sports. Sometimes your team will suck, sometimes they will look alright. Sometimes you got 30 plus years with getting by the first round only twice.

I picked the Calgary flames at a very young age. I plan on sticking with my decision.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2021, 08:14 AM   #60
Plett25
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The Flames are my hockey team. I'll never cheer for another NHL team. But this version of the Flames is not fun to watch.

What Herm Edwards said applies

I'll watch a low skill, losing Flames team, as long as they're playing to win the game. This team just doesn't show up, they don't seem to be trying.

I'll start watching again when I can tune into the game expecting that win or lose, they'll put in an honest effort to win.
Plett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Plett25 For This Useful Post: