Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #41
Fire in the disco
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncton golden flames View Post
side rant: those people should choose to stay away from peanut environments, rather than the 99% of people with no allergies have them taken away.
Ehh I have a severe peanut allergy myself. My issue isn’t so much the peanuts it’s the peanuts in the shell. I’ve had to switch seats several times (albeit more commonly at McMahon) because someone right behind me is cracking peanuts open and getting fragments on my shoulders. The smell also can cause minor reactions for me. Maybe this is better suited for the gmg thread but I find the “stay away from events where they’re sold” to be pretty short sighted. Sell em in a container deshelled, and I don’t have to feel adverse effects watching my hockey team live.

Also at those beer prices I’ll be back to slamming cold shots in the parking lot before entry and maybe buying 1 instead of 1-2 a period depending on the night.
Fire in the disco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fire in the disco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 04:06 PM   #42
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Seriously who the #### eats peanuts anyways
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:08 PM   #43
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
Seriously who the #### eats peanuts anyways
Probably the same people who eat sunflower seeds on the golf course and spit them on the greens.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:41 PM   #44
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
How will you sneak it in? They have metal detectors and do bag searches

Asking for a friend.

We used to always smuggle booze into the dome in the early 2000's.

In fact some people would sneak in a micky or even bigger bottles of booze and pass them down the row (at peoples feet) and we never had an issue. 2004 playoffs they totally shut that down and were checking peoples pops coming out of the bathroom. They even had people looking for booze hounds from the hanging platforms and radioing down and then kicking people out. Saw plenty of people get removed by security so we never did that again.

Suppose you could swing the plastic micky trick and top up your pop in the bathroom quite easily.... hmmmmm.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:48 PM   #45
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
How will you sneak it in? They have metal detectors and do bag searches

Asking for a friend.

Ziplock bag and jerky in the wife's purse. never been searched.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:03 PM   #46
moncton golden flames
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
This is why I'm against wheel chair ramps and a wheel chair section at the dome. Saddledome should be free of the physically impaired and those with peanut allergies.
ramps don't hinder any able bodied person, whats your point?

moncton golden flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:28 PM   #47
greentree
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think you mean “food” prices.
greentree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:33 PM   #48
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So I take it this means csec is fully funding their new arena. No other reason food prices should be more than they are at new arenas around the league.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:35 PM   #49
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Plastic Micky with a wine cork.

Drink the wine before entering the dome

You didnt hear that from me...
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:31 PM   #50
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
The vendors need to push for Tap machines. It's awkward now that it's $21 for two beers.
At those prices, I’d say that you and everyone else had already been “tapped”.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #51
GC91
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I've been arriving early enough to buy 5 dollar happy hour beer. Buy 5 or 6 and keep them under my seat for the game (please don't roofy me). Warm bud is better than paying over 10 per beer.
GC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:13 PM   #52
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncton golden flames View Post
ramps don't hinder any able bodied person, whats your point?
It's faster to walk up the stairs than up a ramp, so its hindering my ability to time manage. And in place of a ramp could be another set of stairs.

The most obvious example is that stupid ramp on 15th avenue to get up the walkway and into stampede grounds. The stair case is obviously faster, but there's always back-up on the stairs because they're too small. And the stairs are too small because the ramp is too big! And who is ramp for - the handicap. Slows us able body folk down i say!
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #53
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Tell you what: Let's outlaw peanuts altogether. Then 99%+ of the population can lose out so that small minority can completely do away with just one of the innumerable risks and dangers of life. OK with you?
I'm not sure anyone advocated no peanuts ever, or even no peanuts at the dome. It was more like, "hey maybe don't consume shelled peanuts for 3 hours at the dome because some people are careless and might inadvertenly kill the person sitting beneath them"

Last edited by GullFoss; 09-26-2018 at 08:16 PM.
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GullFoss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 09:45 PM   #54
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
This is why I'm against wheel chair ramps and a wheel chair section at the dome. Saddledome should be free of the physically impaired and those with peanut allergies.
Well, this thread took a weird turn...(as per usual...)

To begin, I will just say that I don't buy anything at the Dome or McMahon (also have Stamps seats) because I refuse to pay the same amount for one beer that could get me at least a six pack at the liquor store. (Or at least a couple bottles of decent craft beer.)

Anyways. Speaking as a person with a nut allergy, I would just like to say that I don't need others "advocating" or "protecting" me. I understand that I am in the minority of the population and that it is ultimately up to me to watch out for myself. If sitting beside someone who is eating nuts affects me, I am able to either (a) ask politely for them to reconsider or (b) move. No big deal, really. Ultimately, I am responsible for myself, as I should be.

Also, me having a nut allergy is in no way equivalent to someone requiring wheelchair access to the game. These are two very different accommodations that are not comparable, in the sense that I have options that someone requiring ramps and/or special seating does not. I understand (and appreciate!) the compassion, but let's be honest here: one circumstance is certainly more significant than the other.
drewtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to drewtastic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 10:33 PM   #55
Darth Tkachuk
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I refuse to pay 10$ for a god dam beer. They can shove it. I'll go to the games, and buy nothing. It would be great if the fans as a whole boycotted the concessions with the ridiculous prices to send a message.
Darth Tkachuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:39 PM   #56
Matt Reeeeead
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tkachuk View Post
I refuse to pay 10$ for a god dam beer. They can shove it. I'll go to the games, and buy nothing. It would be great if the fans as a whole boycotted the concessions with the ridiculous prices to send a message.

Have you been to any other entertainment venues before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt Reeeeead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:35 AM   #57
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Reeeeead View Post
Have you been to any other entertainment venues before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which is why its usually smart to hit a pub close by before hand, have a drink or two and limit the need to purchase in arena beverages if you can.

It still floors me that the Flames aren't willing to partner with someone like Big Rock, support the local economy and provide a robust beer offering that reflects more of what Calgary's beer drinkers would associate with. If there were more than 3-4 beer options (2 of which are complete piss) and ties to Calgary, people might be more inclined to spend $9-10 on a glass.....
Old 09-27-2018, 09:41 AM   #58
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's the double rye and cokes that reallly add up.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:43 AM   #59
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
Which is why its usually smart to hit a pub close by before hand, have a drink or two and limit the need to purchase in arena beverages if you can.

It still floors me that the Flames aren't willing to partner with someone like Big Rock, support the local economy and provide a robust beer offering that reflects more of what Calgary's beer drinkers would associate with. If there were more than 3-4 beer options (2 of which are complete piss) and ties to Calgary, people might be more inclined to spend $9-10 on a glass.....
If your having a pre-game bevy, the happy hour is still cheaper than a pub. But if you pre-game on heroin beers, you likely will keep buying them. That's how they get you.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:55 AM   #60
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not unlike with movie theatres, food prices at the Dome are partly why I typically prefer to just watch from home. I know it's all a business, but at some point it just comes across as straight up gouging. No thanks.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post: