Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #701
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Personally there are two many deadly drugs out there that are either impure chemically enough to kill people, or deadly in their intended form.
Isn't that a huge argument in favour of legalization? If these people are going to be getting their fix anyways, let's do it the safest way possible instead of them dieing because Terry decided to lace it with carfentanil.

Of course with the ultimate goal of getting them treatment to get them off it.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #702
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Because users conveniently ignore the fact that pricing has been the same since the goddamn 90s.

Black market pricing now for product is almost identical to what I paid in high school, nearly 20 years ago. You think that an industry can just afford to ignore inflation without things being cut elsewhere? You're paying low prices on the back of other things, and considering how much product in Canada is moved by organized crime (yes, even weed) you might want to give pause to the impact opting for a black market option has now that we have a legal channel.
Okay, so we disagree.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #703
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

The prices take into account the fact that every crop is tested in so many different ways and listed with THC/CBD values. You know exactly what you are buying when you purchase legally, I doubt Terry is a chemist that knows the THC values of his product, hell most probably couldn't tell you if it was Sativia or Indica.

Terry sells some potent stuff, or maybe its the pesticides they use messing you up. I hope prices come down but I will pay the extra for now.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #704
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Okay, so we disagree.
I just mean, why do you think pricing of an illegal drug can remain the same for two decades, even while the cost of literally everything else (and make no mistake, dealers are people too and they have the same rising bills as everyone else) went up?

The answers aren't "they bootstrapped themselves by undercutting the competition and performing solidly in the their market".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #705
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah but up to this point you were paying $60 for Grey Goose out of the back of Suit and Tie Terry's van.

Comparing gray market pricing to first-day above the board pricing is ludicrous.
No actually, that isn't accurate at all.

I go to a store that has multiple locations throughout the city. Consider that, for a moment.

A well lit store front with regular staff members franchised out to various parts of the city paying about 8 bucks a gram.

The pot shops in Vancouver are as nice as any of the cold beer and wine stores. I went retail specifically because I could pay the same prices as out of Terry's Honda civic, but I could deal with an actual, registered business.

There are 100+ LICENSED BUSINESSES in vancouver that sell pot. Those licenses now have to be renewed under the new regulations, but there are more than 100 of them waiting on the red tape to clear. That's not even the lower mainland, that's within the boundaries of the city of vancouver.

It's a big fail on launch day.

Edited to add a map:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Flash Walken; 10-17-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #706
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
I just mean, why do you think pricing of an illegal drug can remain the same for two decades, even while the cost of literally everything else (and make no mistake, dealers are people too and they have the same rising bills as everyone else) went up?

The answers aren't "they bootstrapped themselves by undercutting the competition and performing solidly in the their market".
I made my point very clear.

My wish for legalization would be that they would come in and eliminate the black market with pricing immediately. Inflate all you wish once you take the whole market.

I disagreed with the roll out, as I’m sure people have disagreed with the roll outs of several other industries.

Just because we can now buy legal weed I’m suppose to be grateful and not have any complaints?

I disagree with their roll out pricing, for a specific reason.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:53 AM   #707
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

My wish for legalization would be that they would come in and eliminate the black market with pricing immediately. Inflate all you wish once you take the whole market.

I disagreed with the roll out, as I’m sure people have disagreed with the roll outs of several other industries.

Just because we can now buy legal weed I’m suppose to be grateful and not have any complaints?

I guess that begs the question about how much government interference you think there should be regarding private enterprises ability to set their own pricing.

One could argue that the taxation related to the product is too high, but ultimately those tax dollars are the only thing that will keep it legal in the long-run.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #708
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
No actually, that isn't accurate at all.

I go to a store that has multiple locations throughout the city. Consider that, for a moment.

A well lit store front with regular staff members franchised out to various parts of the city paying about 8 bucks a gram.

The pot shops in Vancouver are as nice as any of the cold beer and wine stores. I went retail specifically because I could pay the same prices as out of Terry's Honda civic, but I could deal with an actual, registered business.

There are 100+ LICENSED BUSINESSES in vancouver that sell pot. Those licenses now have to be renewed under the new regulations, but there are more than 100 of them waiting on the red tape to clear. That's not even the lower mainland, that's within the boundaries of the city of vancouver.

It's a big fail on launch day.

Edited to add a map:

Spoiler!
I don't understand how a licensed business can sell an illegal product, unless they were selling to medical-card carriers only.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2018, 10:56 AM   #709
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

You're allowed to have complaints and we're allowed to bust you if they're poorly thought out/stupid.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:56 AM   #710
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Well Flash, thats a lot of people smoking weed.....No wonder there are so many delusions about the Canucks performances.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:56 AM   #711
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It looks like there is plenty of room to drop prices, this from Aurora:

Quote:
"These new sales licenses are a game changer for Aurora, dramatically increasing product availability and positioning us well to serve the rapidly growing domestic and international cannabis markets," said Terry Booth, CEO of Aurora. "With adult consumer use sales beginning in Canada today, these additional licenses enable Aurora to rapidly scale-up production to service the high growth anticipated for this new market. As the first of our "Sky Class" facilities, Aurora Sky is substantially differentiated from traditional indoor and greenhouse grow facilities because of its use of advanced technologies and automation that deliver industry-leading yields. This allows us to consistently produce an abundant supply of high-quality cannabis and derivatives at sustainably low production costs, anticipated to be well below $1 per gram."
https://investingnews.com/daily/reso...sales-license/
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:57 AM   #712
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Isn't that a huge argument in favour of legalization? If these people are going to be getting their fix anyways, let's do it the safest way possible instead of them dieing because Terry decided to lace it with carfentanil.

Of course with the ultimate goal of getting them treatment to get them off it.

Maybe, except that these addicts are using something that I don't think can really be used safely. Oxy can be incredibly deadly if used. lets say that there's a manufactured version in terms of legalization, can we safely assume that the addicts that use these incredibly potent drugs are going to want to use something that is inevitably going to be not the same thing.

As I said I would be willing to look at decriminalization for addicts, but I doubt you could convince me that not going hard after dealers and distribution doesn't need to stay the same.

At the end of the day, there's still also going to be the same problem of where these addicts are going to get the money to pay for the drugs.

Also, with the harder drugs, I doubt that your every going to get the sellers and distributors out of the market place, they will fight for that market. Look at the rise of Krokodile (Sp?) for example when users wanted a cheap synthetic heroin.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #713
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

I've done some work parallel to them and it is absolutely the case.

We're talking about an agricultural product here. It's significantly less production intensive than a product like cigarettes or alcohol.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #714
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
You're allowed to have complaints and we're allowed to bust you if they're poorly thought out/stupid.
Good one
Old 10-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #715
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

This thread is not nearly as mellow today as I thought it'd be.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #716
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
We're all at work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #717
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
More controversy in this thread than in the one where the girl got hit by the LRT.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #718
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/BobKronbauer/sta...08294223659008

I swear this isn't me.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:18 AM   #719
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

I'd be curious what kind (quality) of plant they can grow at $1/gram.

I tend to stick to boutique strains that LP's simply cannot grow at scale. They are so temperamental and difficult to grow that they require almost 24 hour care to produce.

A few of my favs are Gorilla Glue and Nukem, and they are so superior to anything I have tried from an LP that it's actually hilarious. I'm trying to get my hands on a new strain (name escapes me) out of Nelson that is rumoured to be one of the best on the market, but you only see it once or twice a year.

THAT is the kind of stuff I'm waiting for from the government. Terry is done as soon as that is available at a fair price, or when micro producers come on line with their wares similar to micro brews for hipsters.

Last edited by Tron_fdc; 10-17-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #720
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

My work released the new A&D policy. Fit for duty and no possession on company property are the only rules.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote