Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #221
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
He's such a buffoon. I've never figured out why he is so popular.
Outside of the producers, I don't think he's popular at all.

Culpepper with a very good episode. Got Tai to come to the conclusion that Beast Mode Cowboy was bad for his game even though he was actually only bad for Brad and Sierra. Now there's no chance of a 3 member Kaoh Rong alliance and they managed to cut one strong tie to Malcolm and Aubrey.

Troyzan, I am not going to be ashamed to hide it anymore, I like him. Does what needs doing.

I take back what I said about JT last week. Solid episode for him.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #222
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
If you have Tai as part of your core alliance you'll never win.

Guy is too easily manipulated and too ready to flip on his partners.
That's kind of odd to say now because in this episode he didn't flip on his partners (his partners in this case being the group composed of the group he started with). He tried to keep Caleb but the other three obviously weren't having it.

Props and Slops:

Props:
Troyzan: Gawd that sucks to say but guy got an idol without making it obvious that he was looking for one. I'm worried that he might be going far... he's been fairly prominent in the episodes without an element of danger (risk of going home) surrounding him.

Ozzy: Liked his confessional about how he's the veteran.

Slops:
Sandra: That hurt's to say because I lurv Sandra... but the reaction she got (particularly from Malcolm) in regards to the goats. It's a bad look for her to get that reaction, she must have pushed really hard off-camera to get that reaction because it didn't seem like she objected that strongly to letting them go (personally I think they should have eaten the goats... when they went to 3 tribes they should think that they're following the Cambodia model for tribes, 2-3-2-1, which puts the lifespan of this new tribe at 7 days. Goat + Goat + Chicken + Chicken + Chicken + Rewards won... that's a significant advantage on the rest of the cast in protein/energy). Still, if the rest of the tribe doesn't want to eat the goat then you don't push to eat the goat.

JT: You ditch your tribe in the middle of the ocean and obviously go looking for idols? *facepalm* So far his game has been talking about chickens, obviously looking for idols (and not finding one), and talking about goats. That's not a winners edit.

Last edited by Parallex; 03-16-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #223
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Overall that was just a good episode, part of me thinks Tai made the right move but part of me thinks he did it to early, should have used Caleb to get a few more people off. I do agree with Brad, if Tai and Caleb are seen together they are a power couple and power couples get picked off fast.. but that danger wouldn't happen until the merge imo.

Feel bad for Caleb but it doesn't seem like he has much of a social game, he got out worked and out maneuvered by Hali at tribal (although it seems everyones minds were made up prior anyway). And don't give me the well he is just an army vet and she's a lawyer, how much education does Sandra have? You don't need to be educated to win this game.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #224
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Overall that was just a good episode, part of me thinks Tai made the right move but part of me thinks he did it to early, should have used Caleb to get a few more people off. I do agree with Brad, if Tai and Caleb are seen together they are a power couple and power couples get picked off fast.. but that danger wouldn't happen until the merge imo.

Feel bad for Caleb but it doesn't seem like he has much of a social game, he got out worked and out maneuvered by Hali at tribal (although it seems everyones minds were made up prior anyway). And don't give me the well he is just an army vet and she's a lawyer, how much education does Sandra have? You don't need to be educated to win this game.
He had a good Social game on Big Brother, but Survivor is weird in that they always seem to vote off the wrong people (in my mind anyway haha).
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #225
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Survivor is all about building pressure.

That's why Sandra is such a good player. She takes a position early and often and it becomes uncomfortable for tribe members around her to disagree for fear of being placed in the cross hairs and OTHER people not wanting to put themselves in the cross hairs by coming to their defense.

Love sandra.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:01 AM   #226
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think they have it a bit too cushy if they're letting free food like that get away.

I know it's nine days in, and I know that they can still lose a lot of weight, but I wish the survival aspect was still a focal point.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #227
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Survivor is all about building pressure.

That's why Sandra is such a good player. She takes a position early and often and it becomes uncomfortable for tribe members around her to disagree for fear of being placed in the cross hairs and OTHER people not wanting to put themselves in the cross hairs by coming to their defense.

Love sandra.
I agree with that in any normal game of survivor. But we're very quickly seeing the quirky and unsuitable players being dumped in this game, and we're being left with the better players. And as much as people are leery of Sandra's social game at some point she's going to run out of weak players to shield herself behind, and this whole group is a combination of blind siders and very good immunity players.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #228
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
I think they have it a bit too cushy if they're letting free food like that get away.

I know it's nine days in, and I know that they can still lose a lot of weight, but I wish the survival aspect was still a focal point.
Honestly, the first thing that I would be doing on survivor is killing and eating anything that had either 4 legs or was a source of protein.

Beyond the fitness preperation, I'm always amazed that the players don't really work on hunting and butchering skills.

I would completely depopulate that Island, and then sit there every night sharpening my knife and staring at people like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse now.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #229
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Honestly, the first thing that I would be doing on survivor is killing and eating anything that had either 4 legs or was a source of protein.

Beyond the fitness preperation, I'm always amazed that the players don't really work on hunting and butchering skills.

I would completely depopulate that Island, and then sit there every night sharpening my knife and staring at people like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse now.
The producers wouldn't allow it. You kill a baby goat. Bad Optics. You kill a baby goat when your camp has food left from the marooning, even worse optics. You kill a baby goat when your camp is lousy with chickens. Now you've got some mental problems. Not to mention you have JT on your tribe and the ocean.

Talking about killing and eating Varner would have only been a slightly more ridiculous conversation to be having 7 days into this game compared to this.

JT is a cattle rancher and he wanted no part of it.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:58 PM   #230
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
With Cayleb going home:

Puxlut hits the bench first for Pool A

Iceman57 and Pizza hit the bench first for Pool B

Sorry, folks. =(

Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #231
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

They should have kept the goat and milked it.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:58 AM   #232
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
With Cayleb going home:

Puxlut hits the bench first for Pool A

Iceman57 and Pizza hit the bench first for Pool B

Sorry, folks. =(

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Damnit... Caleb was one guy who i wanted to go far especially with that medivac... and now he goes out early...

Thought Tony would've gotten me far too...
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2017, 06:28 PM   #233
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Damnit... Caleb was one guy who i wanted to go far especially with that medivac... and now he goes out early...

Thought Tony would've gotten me far too...

Agree with you on Caleb. He had a good to very good social game on Big Brother and his first Survivor appearance, I'm really surprised he is out so early.

Tony though... I'm shocked anyone thought that guy had any chance against all star level competition. His game style only works with incredibly weak players and even then it takes a ton of luck. In the Survivor pool I'm in he was picked last (Caleb went 7th).

I'm liking this season so far though!
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:28 PM   #234
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Has there been any official explanation as to why everyone had their own water bottle now?
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:22 AM   #235
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Mumps outbreak probably.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:39 AM   #236
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Maybe there is a contestant with herpes
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:38 AM   #237
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Maybe there is a contestant with herpes
maybe there is a contestant without herpes
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 06:42 PM   #238
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
maybe there is a contestant without herpes
Maybe... which one didn't sleep with Ozzy?
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:18 PM   #239
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
The producers wouldn't allow it. You kill a baby goat. Bad Optics. You kill a baby goat when your camp has food left from the marooning, even worse optics. You kill a baby goat when your camp is lousy with chickens. Now you've got some mental problems. Not to mention you have JT on your tribe and the ocean.

Talking about killing and eating Varner would have only been a slightly more ridiculous conversation to be having 7 days into this game compared to this.

JT is a cattle rancher and he wanted no part of it.
Yeah I was kind of kidding, I wouldn't in any way been able to kill that goat and the baby goat. It seemed really stupid and unnecessary for Sandra to push for that. I get that she was trying to maybe solidify her leadership position, but she came across as a nut.

Besides I think that goat meat is really gross, I never liked it when I ate it.

Tai is, well I don't get why he's in a game changer episode, is it because of the chickens? Because he's a classic follower.

Sandra's wearing out her welcome, when you have a tribe that's that leery of you, they're going to blind side you and get you out before the merge.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #240
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah I was kind of kidding, I wouldn't in any way been able to kill that goat and the baby goat. It seemed really stupid and unnecessary for Sandra to push for that. I get that she was trying to maybe solidify her leadership position, but she came across as a nut.

Besides I think that goat meat is really gross, I never liked it when I ate it.

Tai is, well I don't get why he's in a game changer episode, is it because of the chickens? Because he's a classic follower.

Sandra's wearing out her welcome, when you have a tribe that's that leery of you, they're going to blind side you and get you out before the merge.
I know you were kidding but I've heard similar things from people who are serious.

Some people seem to think that Survivor players are actually in a survival situation that requires them to turn in to poachers because they are literally on the edge of starving to death. There's probably tonnes of root vegetables like taro, fruits, heart of palm, plus seafood. People that live in the islands aint starving. Food is everywhere and anyone with an ounce of survival skill and knowledge would do just fine. Ken's tribe ate really well last season.

That's not the show anymore and being a good survivalist doesn't win you the game. For a season of 'game changers' everyone who is currently in a good position has pretty much gone to sleep. Sandra came out and said she was surprised at the edit as she wasn't all that into killing the goats which leads me to believe that there ain't much going on in the game which is why goat gate was so extensively shown. Outside of Troyzan and JT scrambling, the survivors are just laying around and admiring Culpepper's decorating.