Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-08-2017, 10:00 PM   #201
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

No kidding. Man, my picking has sucked lately. *L*

I liked that first hour. I really like the tie vote change. Tony being Tony was pretty amusing too.

Though I have to admit...it was probably the right choice. Cierra is pretty good player and good at causing some chaos.

Also an interesting point with Sandra. Would the jury be willing to give her a third win.

The first hour also really felt rushed. Kinda wonder if they should have gone with a 2 hour 'single' episode, with a single vote at the end of the 2 hours.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 03-08-2017 at 10:03 PM.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #202
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, they came to play, that's for sure.

I thought that they'd go with a 'keep the strongest' for a while. Guess they are going to like losing and I don't see the Orange outmuscling Blue anytime soon now.

I wonder if Sandra's little thing at the end is going to come back to haunt her. "The queen stays queen." But then...she does seem to have played the rest of her tribemates like fiddles.

Also, those challenges are no joke. I'm quite liking those.

Next ep looks solid. A merge-change already? Guess we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 03-08-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:07 PM   #203
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was hoping Tony and Sandra would work together like they planned early in the 2nd hour, but with their egos there was no chance of that. Hoping now that Sandra doesn't go any time soon, this season would get disappointing quickly.

Don't really like that new tiebreaker rule, everyone will have to go with the majority now to avoid close votes and split votes.

I agree that these episodes felt a little rushed, especially the tribal councils. Wish the second one went a little longer.

Really like the whole shipwrecked theme they've got going, tribal area looks amazing.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2017, 07:02 AM   #204
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Can't say Tony wasn't into the game, he was going all out as soon as they hit the beach. Obviously it didn't work but it was entertaining. Thought Sandra went a little overboard when Tony was leaving, wasn't a fan of that. A little shocked Sandra didn't get a single vote.

Good start!
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2017, 10:20 AM   #205
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Oh Tony Tony Tony...

Your stupid spy bunker (and lack of cool-headedness) cost us the Tony-Sandra alliance I was soooo hoping for. I'd forgotten how much I missed Sandra on Survivor... You Come At The Queen, You Best Not Miss. Great 1st episode. So stoked for this season.

Props:
Sandra: Still got it... I don't think she's gonna win this time but damn if Tony wasn't right. They let Sandra survive not one but two tribal councils... suckers.

Malcolm: doing what he needs to do. Keeping his head down and go with the majority.

JT: Sandra and Tony clearly had targets on them, Cirie & Ozzy clearly about to butt heads sooner or later and have targets on them... JT a former winner who played close to a flawless game the first time out... why is no one looking at him? Good spot to be in.

Sarah: Very impressed with her attitude coming in.

Slops:
Sandra and Tony: I gave Sandra a prop for being so damn entertaining and coming out on top but really Tony, Sandra, Malcolm, Aubrey, and Caleb is just about the most perfect alliance you could make and the two of you eff'ed it up.

Cirie: Sandra still has it... but I dunno about Cirie. Didn't look like anyone was buying what she was selling.

Tai: Enough with the Chickens and learn how to hide your tells fer cryin' out loud.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #206
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sandra is, as she mentioned, going to need to sit next to 2 past winners if she wants a chance. Tony would have been a great foil for her, but he's nuts.

Micheala looks like she hasn't got over her paranoia and isn't going to last.

Tai still looks clueless, no way he wins. Mark my words.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #207
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Sandra is, as she mentioned, going to need to sit next to 2 past winners if she wants a chance.
"I dunno about 'dat"

Honestly, I think that if Sandra get's to final tribal she wins. It almost doesn't matter who she sits next to because the jury will punish the people she's sitting next to for being dumb enough to let her get there. The problem is that I can't see anyone being dumb enough to not cut her at 5th or 4th place... so she needs to get at least two individual immunities... and I'm not sure she can win even one.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #208
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

They need to take Sandra out asap. Her smugness will be unbearable. Her overconfidence will be her downfall.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #209
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Oh Tony Tony Tony...

Your stupid spy bunker (and lack of cool-headedness) cost us the Tony-Sandra alliance I was soooo hoping for. I'd forgotten how much I missed Sandra on Survivor... You Come At The Queen, You Best Not Miss. Great 1st episode. So stoked for this season.

Props:
Sandra: Still got it... I don't think she's gonna win this time but damn if Tony wasn't right. They let Sandra survive not one but two tribal councils... suckers.

Malcolm: doing what he needs to do. Keeping his head down and go with the majority.

JT: Sandra and Tony clearly had targets on them, Cirie & Ozzy clearly about to butt heads sooner or later and have targets on them... JT a former winner who played close to a flawless game the first time out... why is no one looking at him? Good spot to be in.

Sarah: Very impressed with her attitude coming in.

Slops:
Sandra and Tony: I gave Sandra a prop for being so damn entertaining and coming out on top but really Tony, Sandra, Malcolm, Aubrey, and Caleb is just about the most perfect alliance you could make and the two of you eff'ed it up.

Cirie: Sandra still has it... but I dunno about Cirie. Didn't look like anyone was buying what she was selling.

Tai: Enough with the Chickens and learn how to hide your tells fer cryin' out loud.
I agree with everything you said but JT looks looks confused/disinterested out there. More Heros vs Villians JT than Tocantins JT.

He was first to the water in the challenge even with his new beer gut so he might still be a challenge beast. Wasn't much on him in the first episode though. He's in an interesting spot for sure but let's see what he does with it.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:13 PM   #210
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sandra is amazing
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:14 AM   #211
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

The thing about Ciera is she doesn't play to win, she just is chaotic. She acts like she was gods gift to this game and makes big moves, she just makes desperation moves because she is always on the bottom. First tribal was a prime example of that, she had absolutely zero idea it was her, how do you not even get a wiff of that with that many other castmates if you are 'good' at this game?

Sandra should have gone the next vote but Tony out crazied even himself painting a massive target. I don't even consider that a good play by Sandra, Tony basically played himself off the island. Her comments at the end will definitely come to bite her in the ass. That is just horrible sportsmanship.

Overall though that was a great opening episode, glad they are merging because the last thing I want to see in a returning player season is a one sided tribe slaughter fest.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:25 AM   #212
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think they are merging, just switching tribes around. Which is fine, becuase they all kind of know each other so it's better for them to mingle. Also prevents big alliances solidifying, which will be good for the season.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:45 AM   #213
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Sorry my bad, I meant tribe swapping. It also allows all of the players to play, you get one side that starts running away with it and all the strategy and game playing in the world is next to useless on one tribe. I would like this as an unwritten rule for returning players, if a tribe wins 2 or 3 in a row, switch it up and give them room to play.

We want to see these all stars flex their game muscles.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:48 PM   #214
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Two great episodes, i really enjoyed the challenges but man I had high hopes for both Tony and Ciera, not only from a game stand point but they're equally entertaining to watch as well. It totally sucks having one of my picks be the very first to be voted out, lol.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:12 PM   #215
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sandra needs to shut her mouth with all of this queen talk, her smack talking tony at Tribal was to me just dumb. Everyone knows your a two time winner, now everyone knows that they kept a deadly viper instead of a ADD spaz.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #216
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that was an interesting episode.

I still don't think that I like a 3 tribe split. I like having the two larger tribes.

The challenge was neat this time, and I do like having immunity idols hidden in challenges

I'm a bit surprised by this result, honestly. I thought that Hali made a very poor case for herself in Tribal. I'm wondering there are factors we just didn't see at play there...or folks were really that scared of a Tai/Cayleb alliance running the board to the end.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:58 PM   #217
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Cayleb going home:

Puxlut hits the bench first for Pool A

Iceman57 and Pizza hit the bench first for Pool B

Sorry, folks. =(
Old 03-16-2017, 10:28 AM   #218
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If you have Tai as part of your core alliance you'll never win.

Guy is too easily manipulated and too ready to flip on his partners.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #219
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

He's such a buffoon. I've never figured out why he is so popular.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #220
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looks like it will be interesting next week as the 2 losing tribes go to tribal together! Should be a very interesting dynamic!
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jroc For This Useful Post: