Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #1221
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Dickenson is undefeated in Western Finals. It’s the one playoff game the Stamps rarely ever disappoint.
Stamps should be favoured. But I'd put the line at 2.5
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:12 PM   #1222
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1062060579257339904
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #1223
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Home field is almost always automatically worth 3....then the line makers go from there. Calgary has a superior QB and defense...Bombers have a better running game and are way healthier as well as hotter down the stretch.

Im surprised it isnt a little bit higher myself.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #1224
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
and yet the supposed "best leagues" like the NHL, NBA and NFL have the same issues. Those threads are filled with remarks about the ineptness of the onfield(ice) officials.
Human error is a part of human officials, and that play was blocked from the head officials view. Alternate officials may have been looking at other things.

Frustrating but it will never change as long as humans are part of the equation. The players themselves earn more and make more mistakes.
There’s human error and there is the CFL. This league even messes up reviews in the booth. All leagues have their officiating issues, but the CFL is a clown show. It’s so bad you have to conserve your challenges for late in the game even if there is something blatant missed because you can safely assume another error will take place.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #1225
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The new Als logo unveiled on SportsLogos.net

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/11/...ouettes-logos/
Should have had the cartoon Alouettes bird doing the Money Manziel... missed opportunity IMO
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #1226
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why? Stampeders are the better team and have home field advantage. Should be closer to 6.5 points IMO.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #1227
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why? Stampeders are the better team and have home field advantage. Should be closer to 6.5 points IMO.
This isn't the September or summer Stampeders. I don't agree they're the clearly better team right now.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:15 PM   #1228
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

4.5 points still means it has to be at least a two score game, and it’s not disrespectful to the Bombers at all. The line seems about what I would expect... that being said I still plan on hammering -4.5.

I should also mention that I’m a big dumb idiot and not a great gambler.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #1229
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
There’s human error and there is the CFL. This league even messes up reviews in the booth. All leagues have their officiating issues, but the CFL is a clown show. It’s so bad you have to conserve your challenges for late in the game even if there is something blatant missed because you can safely assume another error will take place.
Agreed, never makes me feel better when it is reviewed by the clowns at command center, basically a monkey spinning a wheel to get the result.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #1230
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This isn't the September or summer Stampeders. I don't agree they're the clearly better team right now.
I do. Best defense in the league and Mitchell is likely going to be MOP. Two major advantages in the critical areas as I think that special teams are a wash. I think the Stamps are going to make a statement this weekend. Let's be honest here in that the Bombers barely beat a Brandon Bridge quarterbacked team. If a very mediocre Collaros starts that game were are discussing a Riders vs Stampeders Western Final. Bombers are just a good team but not a great team and I feel the Stampeders will have their best game in weeks this weekend as Dickenson has saved some of his tricks for the playoffs.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 11-12-2018 at 08:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2018, 11:19 PM   #1231
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I do. Best defense in the league and Mitchell is likely going to be MOP. Two major advantages in the critical areas as I think that special teams are a wash. I think the Stamps are going to make a statement this weekend. Let's be honest here in that the Bombers barely beat a Brandon Bridge quarterbacked team. If a very mediocre Collaros starts that game were are discussing a Riders vs Stampeders Western Final. Bombers are just a good team but not a great team and I feel the Stampeders will have their best game in weeks this weekend as Dickenson has saved some of his tricks for the playoffs.
Cool. I disagree. I think a lot has changed since September and the Stamps look very meh to me. At the risk of this post aging poorly I actually think the Bombers are a far more complete football team right now than the Stampeders.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:01 AM   #1232
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
As much as I like the Hitman, he can’t one up on The Nature Boy. Even in his 70’s, Flair’s Charisma is off the charts

Rock is too expensive, Hogan is too racist and Austin is too wifebeatery.

Your only hope is John Cena

Last edited by Scorch; 11-13-2018 at 02:04 AM.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:11 AM   #1233
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Cool. I disagree. I think a lot has changed since September and the Stamps look very meh to me. At the risk of this post aging poorly I actually think the Bombers are a far more complete football team right now than the Stampeders.
Far more complete? We will see.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #1234
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

No other trash-talking lives up to the polite but firm disagreement of two CFL fan-bases that actually kinda respect each other.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #1235
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Far more complete? We will see.
Bombers defence has been an issue last 3 years. I kept saying last 2 seasons that there was no way to win a championship with that D, and they did blow up in playoff games as expected.

This season something happened 4 games in, can't say what happened or how but the D suddenly became compitent, then dominant. Bombers D is either the best in the league right now or #2. I combine that with Harris and our offensive line and I'll put this team against anyone in the league right now. Sunday should be a great game.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #1236
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shutting down Harris and the running game will be priority one for the Stamps defense, if they can force Nichols into 2nd and long situations, it bodes well for Sunday. It will be interesting to see how many snaps Strelever gets, he's pretty good tucking that ball under his arm and running for big yardage, Singleton will be key spying on him and limiting those gains.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #1237
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

DaVaris Daniels is good-to-go. His broken collarbone is healed, and he’ll be available for the Western Final.

What that means for the Stamps receiving group is anyone’s guess, though.

After basically spending two months trying to piece together enough American receivers to actually field a football team — this is an exaggeration, but not much of one — the Stampeders now have five healthy guys and only three positions.

This will be one of the big storylines of the week, as the CFL’s ratio rules are going to make it difficult to play four Americans. To do that, they’d need to drop a Canadian receiver — either Juwan Brescacin or Lemar Durant — and start a national player somewhere else on the field, and there’s just no obvious way to do that.

One, or maybe two, of Daniels, Eric Rogers, Bakari Grant, Chris Matthews and Markeith Ambles is going to be left off the roster for the West final.

https://calgarysun.com/sports/footba...fls-west-final
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #1238
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
DaVaris Daniels is good-to-go. His broken collarbone is healed, and he’ll be available for the Western Final.

What that means for the Stamps receiving group is anyone’s guess, though.

After basically spending two months trying to piece together enough American receivers to actually field a football team — this is an exaggeration, but not much of one — the Stampeders now have five healthy guys and only three positions.

This will be one of the big storylines of the week, as the CFL’s ratio rules are going to make it difficult to play four Americans. To do that, they’d need to drop a Canadian receiver — either Juwan Brescacin or Lemar Durant — and start a national player somewhere else on the field, and there’s just no obvious way to do that.

One, or maybe two, of Daniels, Eric Rogers, Bakari Grant, Chris Matthews and Markeith Ambles is going to be left off the roster for the West final.

https://calgarysun.com/sports/footba...fls-west-final
Grant and Ambles will sit out is my guess.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #1239
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Grant and Ambles will sit out is my guess.
Agreed - Ambles has shown very well, but Daniels brings the deep threat that is needed. Bakari Grant is a poor man's Eric Rogers in my opinion and there is good chemistry between Bo and Eric.
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #1240
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like at least 30K will be in attendance next Sunday...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1062428564232884224