Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2020, 09:38 AM   #421
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada 02 View Post
from flames.com

It would be very Kassian if those Chinese characters tatted on him said something nonsensical
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Geeoff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 09:39 AM   #422
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
We need a gif of Kassian in the penalty box saying “what’s in this water?”

He’s only ever had Edmontonian water so he doesn’t know what real water tastes like?

Or we could have a gif of Kassian signing in Edmonton, then that clip of him saying “what’s in the water” and then that news article about the meth or something.
Yes please! This was my favorite moment of the same. Pure caveman.

Right before the puck dropped to start the third period for those looking
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:40 AM   #423
Buzzard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Just a vid recap of what Caveman Kass has to say

https://twitter.com/user/status/1216249051416416257

Those eyes remind me of a neon vacancy sign on a cheap motel.
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:40 AM   #424
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any highlights of the game that actually show all three hits and the altercation I cant find one that shows the hits only goals
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #425
DB93
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I thought Monahan had one of his best all around games last night. Was on the right side of every puck and even threw a couple great checks. Could have also easily had a couple of goals.
DB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DB93 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 09:42 AM   #426
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Any highlights of the game that actually show all three hits and the altercation I cant find one that shows the hits only goals
SN1 is replaying an edited version of the game this morning at 10 am i believe for those that missed it
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:42 AM   #427
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
People up there keep saying charge - none of the hits were. Then they say hit from behind, but none of them were. Then they go to “direct hit to the head on the first hit”. Well, that can be debated I guess but even there, it’s incorrect. First, the principal point of contact was Kassian’s torso and second, his head was at waist level for some reason.
I think a lot of "fans" don't even know what a charge is, or how it's defined.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:42 AM   #428
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Then on this “answered the bell” nonsense, watch the play. Tkachuk hits Kassian, gets roughed a bit by McDavid and there’s no whistle as the puck goes the other way. Tkachuk is following the puck and getting set to go after it. That’s when he gets horse collared from behind and dragged to the ice dangerously. Then he’s down with his back turned and covers up naturally, because he had no chance to prepare to defend himself. Linesmen and Lindholm come in to stop the attack, and he regains his feet but he’s still (a) got a linesman in between and (b) no chance to set himself to fight.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 09:43 AM   #429
fireguyfire
Backup Goalie

Exp:

fireguyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fireguyfire For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 09:44 AM   #430
cupofjoe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Bingo, you are going to have to crank up the servers up to 11, Gaskal's ATL is going to be longggggg......and extra saltayeeeee.
cupofjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:50 AM   #431
Jethro Choicebro
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

dupe
Jethro Choicebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:51 AM   #432
Jethro Choicebro
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
A few posts up, the sportsnet clip has them (just have to skip through 18 replays of McDavid). Also shows Bennett destroying Russell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handgroen View Post

Jethro Choicebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jethro Choicebro For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 09:52 AM   #433
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
It really is amazing when you see what the Edmonton "professional" writers throw up.

Mark Spector, Jim Matheson, and Rob Tychkowski are all emotional, pissy fanboys who throw embarrassing tantrums publically non-stop. Hell, until very recently Mark Spector was the President of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association.

They all make Eric Francis look like a Pulitzer prize winner.

You can even extend it to their TV crew of Gene Principe, Kevin Quinn, and Drew Remenda who are all equally amateur-hour.

Compare their crew of embarrassments to actual professionals like Scott Cruickshank, Darren Haynes, Kristen Anderson, Wes Gilbertson, Jermain Franklin, Ryan Leslie, Rick Ball, and Kelley Hrudey. It's completely night and day.
Amen.

Never heard Rick or Kelly act like these Edmonton guys do during/after a loss. They take it like grown men and professionals, do their job and acknowledge where the team came up short, where the other team did well and from my recollection never have gone on reaching for every excuse or injustice they can find when it doesn't go the Flames way. And it never seems like they have a hard time doing that.

In no universe will you see them post the kind of stuff current floating (fitting word) around on Matheson or Staples' feeds right now.

Steinberg and Haynes will do some ribbing from time to time but its usually from a factual, quotable or statistical standpoint without their personal fanboyism woven in.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #434
Jore
First Line Centre

Exp:

Brodie was our best defender last night, dude played like a smooth skating, gap-controlling hockey god and completely stifled McDavid. Made so much time and space for his teammates when he had the puck. He's been great this season.

Kylington-Andersson absolutely deserves to be the 2nd pair in usage and should have been elevated weeks ago.

Monahan with one of his best games I can remember. Engaged in the forecheck, engaged in his own zone, created turnovers and had some glorious chances.

Bennett really strong at C in a playoff type game.

What more can you say about Mangiapane-Lindholm-Tkachuk?

Score majorly flattered the Oilers. They generated next to nothing on their own and required on some great bounces and Flames misplays
Jore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jore For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 10:20 AM   #435
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I think another cherry on top of the Kassian thing, was the in house crunch of the game announcement. "Hit of the game was Tkachuk, not once, not twice, but three times against Kassian."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Those eyes remind me of a neon vacancy sign on a cheap motel.

tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 10:25 AM   #436
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There is no way the Flames could or should play that level of physical hockey without Lucic and/or Rinaldo in the lineup.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:25 AM   #437
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wonder if Lucic might not be the best deterrent against oilers. After playing there for a few seasons, he might not have the same visceral reaction against old friends.

We’ve got other guys (Bennett, Hamonic, Gio, Rinaldo) who don’t shy away from fights, but Lucic’s primary role is this type of situation. It’s just too bad that it’s against his former team.
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PugnaciousIntern For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 10:27 AM   #438
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like that the Oilers fans were complaining that the flames only won because bear misplayed the puck, forgetting the comically lucky goal they scored off of Johnny's gaffe.
They should be collectively studied for their selective memories. Its almost impressive.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 10:28 AM   #439
JJolg
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Also noticed on the rewatch that Jim Hughson literally doesn't even mention the huge Bennett hit on Russell or the 1st Tkachuk hit on Kassian.

2 huge hits, nothing said of either during play somehow.
He did however, tell us when Mcdavid stepped onto the ice!
JJolg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JJolg For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 10:29 AM   #440
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
I wonder if Lucic might not be the best deterrent against oilers. After playing there for a few seasons, he might not have the same visceral reaction against old friends.

We’ve got other guys (Bennett, Hamonic, Gio, Rinaldo) who don’t shy away from fights, but Lucic’s primary role is this type of situation. It’s just too bad that it’s against his former team.
Lucic made the right call in this scenario. Further engagement opens the door to us receiving penalties when we're protecting the lead. If we were down I would bet my life kassian would have been eating Lucic's fist but unlike kassian looch understands that the objective is to win the game.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post: