Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #961
Calgary14
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Exp:
Default

Shaw's SW internet service has actually been so bad they gave me a $150 credit, thats the most I've ever got, but I'd really just prefer to have reliable internet since I am working from home. The worst was last week between 12PM-3PM I had 3 zoom meetings and had to miss them as my internet was down
Calgary14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:16 PM   #962
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Misterpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Exp:
Default

Yeah so is this just Shaw's service level now? My wifi drops out randomly, comes back, drops out comes back. It seems ok when streaming because of buffering but it drops google meets and my phone wifi gets locked out for a while.
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #963
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster
 
Mazrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Gary
Exp:
Default

No issues in the SW on Shaw at my place. My remote connection to work has actually gotten better in the last month and I don't get any issues during voice or video calls over the internet, including sharing my screen with coworkers.

I have Internet 75 and using a hardwired connection for my work computer. When using my phone for work video calls I haven't had any issues over WiFi either.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #964
Nufy
#1 Goaltender
 
Nufy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Exp:
Default

I had to hardwire the most important connections in the house.

Shaw Wifi seems to be ok for TV but anything else is hit and miss for speeds...
__________________
Nufy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:50 PM   #965
TorqueDog
#1 Goaltender
 
TorqueDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
Yeah so is this just Shaw's service level now? My wifi drops out randomly, comes back, drops out comes back. It seems ok when streaming because of buffering but it drops google meets and my phone wifi gets locked out for a while.
If it's your Wi-Fi randomly dropping out, that could be more about where the wireless box in your house is located.

You'd want to see if it's actually your internet failing (use a wired device like a desktop PC) or indeed wireless instability. If it's the latter, this thread is where you can find out about all the different options to install new or relocate wireless access points so they don't suck.
__________________
If the Flames are playing, GO FLAMES GO.
If the Jets are playing, GO JE-... nm, ғ**ĸ the Jets.
GO FLAMES GO.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:32 PM   #966
Flamenspiel
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Exp:
Default

Had a fascinating interaction with Shaw, they came out to resolve an issue with one of my cable portals, changed the box out for a working one and then added 5 dollars to my monthly bill.

I spent an hour with them on the phone and they seem to think that that’s way they do it and it’s ok. Of course I am livid about it and have escalated. Has anyone seen this?
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 01:22 AM   #967
dino7c
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
Had a fascinating interaction with Shaw, they came out to resolve an issue with one of my cable portals, changed the box out for a working one and then added 5 dollars to my monthly bill.

I spent an hour with them on the phone and they seem to think that that’s way they do it and it’s ok. Of course I am livid about it and have escalated. Has anyone seen this?
WTF, don't stand for it...are you on a contract?
__________________
#MakeTheFlamesGreatAgain
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:03 AM   #968
Flamenspiel
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Exp:
Default

Yep, on a contract. I have never seen such a thing with a utility company before.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:46 AM   #969
keratosis
First Line Centre
 
keratosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Not sure
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
If it's your Wi-Fi randomly dropping out, that could be more about where the wireless box in your house is located.



You'd want to see if it's actually your internet failing (use a wired device like a desktop PC) or indeed wireless instability. If it's the latter, this thread is where you can find out about all the different options to install new or relocate wireless access points so they don't suck.
Mine is starting to do that now too. Haven't gotten it resolved yet but I know it's not the wifi because I've tried another router and even factory rest the modem.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Bingo.
Maybe he hates cowboy boots.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #970
Flamenspiel
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
WTF, don't stand for it...are you on a contract?
This has now been resolved, thanks for the encouragement!
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:21 PM   #971
woob
First Line Centre
 
woob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Exp:
Default

Anyone running a SHAW e-mail address in Outlook 2016 on a Mac with the account added as an Exchange account? I've been trying to help someone get theirs running and Outlook just won't find the server. I've been using the settings from SHAW's help pages with no luck. Any tips/tricks?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #972
Calgary14
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Exp:
Default

This may help: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-...2016/ta-p/6809
Calgary14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:40 AM   #973
woob
First Line Centre
 
woob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Exp:
Default

Yeah, we tried those settings.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:56 PM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016