Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-12-2019, 01:12 PM   #141
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
That's not going to happen so long as EA holds the Star Wars license. They deserve to have it pulled given what they've produced.
Yeah, and given EA hasn't put any focus on Nintendo platforms in years, the system will have to rely on the odd-ball Lego license - that's held by Warner Bros. for its Star Wars games.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #142
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
That’s not what he said, though. He said “I’ve never played those and maybe I should check them out”. Because saying “I don’t get the appeal of it” after someone posted saying how excited they were would make him look like kind of a jerk. Say if he said something like:

“Yeah, I really do not understand PC RPG people. It's like they speak a totally different language. What about any of that was exciting? I guess a Baldur’s Gate sequel is a big announcement given how many people liked that game (as far as I'm concerned it was massively overrated) but other than that, why does it matter?”
The irony is that Corsi is so tilted that he didn't even pick up the fact that my "you need an intervention" joke was aimed at ResAlien 'lowering himself' to playing NBA 2K19. He then threw a temper tantrum over the fact that I... encouraged someone who said they were interested in Baldur's Gate to try Baldur's Gate. I'm guessing this flip out was mostly because we were trying to get this thread back on topic. Which, by necessity, meant he was no longer the centre of attention.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #143
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 01:40 PM   #144
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
The irony is that Corsi is so tilted that he didn't even pick up the fact that my "you need an intervention" joke was aimed at ResAlien 'lowering himself' to playing NBA 2K19. He then threw a temper tantrum over the fact that I... encouraged someone who said they were interested in Baldur's Gate to try Baldur's Gate.
LOL. None of this is true. I wasn't even responding to your post, or Resalien not having played it. I was using Baldur's Gate III as an example of something someone might not "get" and demonstrating for you the mature way to handle it if someone didn't. You and OOTC both somehow managed to completely misinterpret that, as well, as is apparently your custom?

You guys are hilarious.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #145
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyways... gonna do a trailer drop to try and get it back on track here, apologies for my role in that everyone:

Nintendo stuff:

Legend of Zelda: BOTW Sequel

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Link's Awakening Remake

Luigi's Mansion 3

Smash Ultimate Fighter DLC

Other Big Things

FFVII Remake

Avengers

Watch Dogs Legion

That's most of what I thought was really interesting in all the shows.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #146
Moderation in all things...

Exp:

Please stick to E3 news in this thread. Take your disagreement to PM.
Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:52 PM   #147
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Link's Awakening looks great. When I first heard about it I considered a pass, as I had recently played through it on 3DS. But I'm in now.

I'm trying to remember if I played Luigi's Mansion 2, going to have to check the pile. I know I got the GC one for $5 years ago.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:59 PM   #148
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Link's Awakening looks great. When I first heard about it I considered a pass, as I had recently played through it on 3DS. But I'm in now.

I'm trying to remember if I played Luigi's Mansion 2, going to have to check the pile. I know I got the GC one for $5 years ago.
I actually just picked up and played though the second one (Dark Moon on 3DS) and had a really good time with it a couple months ago. Great level design and pacing, though the boss fights pretty much all sucked. I’d recommend checking it out, lots of used copies floating around.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:56 PM   #149
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Boss fights seems to be something that Nintendo really struggles with for their B-level Mario sub-series. The bosses in Mario & Luigi games are typically the low points for those games too.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:03 PM   #150
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07SV5F981

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 05:18 PM   #151
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn did it really sell out that fast?
Old 06-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #152
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Damn did it really sell out that fast?
I think the listing is brand new, not open stock yet . . .
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #153
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is definitely one of the more intriguing games of the show for me and they barely showed any of it. Can’t wait to see more!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #154
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally watching some of the coverages. I'm glad Ubi listened to some of the fan feedback from the Ghost Recon Breakpoint reveal and changed some things like adding the AI team back after initially being co-op or solo only. Not loving the leveling and loot system though, or the bullet sponge enemies. They seem to have added some feature from The Division and I don't like it
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #155
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
This is definitely one of the more intriguing games of the show for me and they barely showed any of it. Can’t wait to see more!
Looks like it uses a brighter version of the BOTW art style. Wonder if it sells better - performance dependent, of course - on Switch vs. PS4 and XB1 for that reason.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #156
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gears 5 is coming to Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097840/Gears_5/
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:04 PM   #157
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wanted to post some other under the radar stuff that caught my eye:

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin. A cool looking side scrolling action-RPG with rice farming sim elements. The voice acting is terrible but the gameplay looks great, and sign me up for anything with farming elements!

Panzer Dragoon. Looks like a Switch exclusive (so far) remake of the first Panzer Dragoon game. I've heard a lot about this series but never played any. There aren't a lot of on rails shooters these days, especially in a fantasy setting, so this could be a breath of fresh air. It was in the Direct but probably got lost amid some of the bigger hype announcements.

Carrion. A side scrolling Indie horror game where you're the monster. Looks freaky and violent, and fun!

The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 11:06 AM   #158
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

All first party Microsoft games will be released on Steam from now on in addition to the Windows store. Sunset Overdrive is on there now as well
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #159
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
All first party Microsoft games will be released on Steam from now on in addition to the Windows store. Sunset Overdrive is on there now as well
It's been there since November. I never realized though they made expansions for it and that it's included in the Steam version. I got it free with my Xbox One but I traded it in when EB Games had one of their double trade-in value specials.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:08 AM   #160
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Looks like Walmart oversold some of their E3 pre-orders. For Link's Awakening, I got an email saying my estimated shipping date is January 6, 2020 (lol), then a subsequent email stating that any items unavailable to be shipped within the next three days will be canceled. Which, given this game doesn't come out until September, is interesting.