Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #4821
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol, inferiority complex...you know these E=NG threads have been going on for years, right? You know, all those years you were the league's doormat? Inferiority complex, oh man...Oilers fans just drip unearned smug from their God complex, Napoleon syndrome owner all the way down to the tier 2 fan.

Was the 1260 morning guy suffering from inferiority complex when he can't even bring himself to say the word "Calgary" or "Flames" and just elects to refer to them as "the red team"? It's called hating on your rivals, but an Oiler fan choosing to see it as jealousy sounds about right..so much unearned smug.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #4822
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Or you know...after waiting 11 years to finally not "become a fly on the wall" maybe you could have made your triumphant return in another thread and actually contributed positively? Or you could continue to post in this thread and give us all the entertainment we want and deserve.

You mean like this?

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...42#post6173542
Old 03-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #4823
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I miss Verve. AT least he was an intelligent poster (most of the time).
Old 03-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #4824
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
I miss Verve. AT least he was an intelligent poster (most of the time).
Was there more than one Verve?
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ruttiger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #4825
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
You could say the difference is due to the fact the Flames are good at gimmicky hockey. If playoff hockey went gimmicky in OT you could hand the Flames the Cup right now.
More spin... and added gimmicky hockey keeping the jokes fresh...

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #4826
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
This type of feedback is the main reason I never bothered posting before because no matter what I say I'm an instant troll and any comment I would make is instantly dismissed... I think I've been pretty respectful in my posts, other than calling out the over used sweatpants/mullet jokes.

Again you can make jokes that I haven't shown up for 11 years but coming to Calgary puck is pretty much a daily ritual for me since moving away. the off topic forums keep me updated with what's going on in Calgary in regards to Oil and gas, layoffs/politics. Sureloss is probably one of the best breaking news people in hockey so I come here during trade deadline and free agency as a first stop.

Not that it matters and youll probably accuse me of being a stalker... but to prove I didn't just start coming here just yesterday. You had an avatar of some dude with cereal in his mouth pouring milk in for a good chunk of the season. ( I have a very good memory)

Anyways I'm out no point commenting here... should have just trusted my instincts and remained a fly on the wall
You probably think dirty cheating mulleted cheap dirt bag rat Ryan Smyth was a good clean respectable hockey player.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:35 AM   #4827
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Not the Ryan Smyth debate again....Smyth is the only Oiler I actually respected from that era.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:22 PM   #4828
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This type of feedback is the main reason I never bothered posting before because no matter what I say I'm an instant troll and any comment I would make is instantly dismissed... I think I've been pretty respectful in my posts, other than calling out the over used sweatpants/mullet jokes.

Again you can make jokes that I haven't shown up for 11 years but coming to Calgary puck is pretty much a daily ritual for me since moving away. the off topic forums keep me updated with what's going on in Calgary in regards to Oil and gas, layoffs/politics. Sureloss is probably one of the best breaking news people in hockey so I come here during trade deadline and free agency as a first stop.

Not that it matters and youll probably accuse me of being a stalker... but to prove I didn't just start coming here just yesterday. You had an avatar of some dude with cereal in his mouth pouring milk in for a good chunk of the season. ( I have a very good memory)

Anyways I'm out no point commenting here... should have just trusted my instincts and remained a fly on the wall
Incorrect. That was Huntingwhale, and you would know that if you were actually around as much as you say you were because you would know that he has some fetishes around...well, fatness.

This is proof you're just a troll that's come around again as soon as your team wasn't the gawdawful mess that it was for over a decade. It's ridiculously transparent, and you should really give us more credit than to assume we wouldn't catch on.

Even those Oiler fan posters who would come around every summer and early fall telling us "this is the year", only to shrink away once they realized it was just another horrible season for the Oilers....even those posters I respect more than you, and they have set the bar very, very low. At least they had the balls to blindly support their sad sack team every year, and not just during the seasons they make the playoffs.

At least guys like Stang and OilStain etc. are here come rain or shine, and take their lumps when it's deserved, while trying to dish it back whenever the opportunity presents itself. Those are real fans, and those are real rivals that I respect begrudgingly. You, sir, are not one of those fans who deserves my respect, so this will be the last time I respond to anything you have to say.

Good day sir!
Old 03-30-2017, 12:23 PM   #4829
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That was me bro. Don't you dare take that away from me!

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 03-30-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #4830
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
That was me bro. Don't you dare take that away from me!

Ha ha sorry bro that's a classic... must have been the cereal reference that through me off... my memory isn't as good as I thought I guess
The Following User Says Thank You to Elmer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #4831
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

MOD EDIT: No inappropriate language please.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.

Last edited by KootenayFlamesFan; 03-31-2017 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:54 PM   #4832
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 03-30-2017, 01:08 PM   #4833
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wow some very rude ppl in the last few pages i gotta say
The Following User Says Thank You to flamesforcup For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 01:17 PM   #4834
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Oilers fans are not good people.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:21 PM   #4835
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

See you in 11 years.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 01:45 PM   #4836
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Man. I was hoping to never see that cereal gif again lol. It's still better than the Oilers though.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:23 AM   #4837
Flamenfame
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
Wow some very rude ppl in the last few pages i gotta say
Why I seldom post the immaturity of some posters in here is embarrassing at times. I find this and the Canucks thread does not shine a good light on Calgary's sport fans . And I would bet a lot of former Flames players feel the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamenfame For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2017, 06:24 AM   #4838
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenfame View Post
Why I seldom post the immaturity of some posters in here is embarrassing at times. I find this and the Canucks thread does not shine a good light on Calgary's sport fans . And I would bet a lot of former Flames players feel the same.
I know what you mean, but it is an internet thing, not a Flames fan thing.

Also, one has to bear in mind that this community is only a small slice of Flames fans. The vast majority of Flames fans have never heard of CP.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:05 AM   #4839
bzoo02
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I just got caught up on all of Elmer's Trolling and it seems the ultimate stat wasn't posted.

The all time record of the Battle of Alberta:

Calgary leads 107–90–18
(includes overtime and shoot-outs)

Source https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batt...ta?wprov=sfla1

Oilers will need a hell of a lot more than 1 good year to start bragging about anything in regards to the BOA.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:14 AM   #4840
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenfame View Post
<<< Looks at avatar, reads post, leaves confused about how serious said post should be taken. >>>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread