Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 10:21 AM   #4801
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Hang on, I don't think you can say they have a better record the entire season.

Flames: 43 wins
Mulletville: 42 wins

The points difference is due to OT losses.

If anything I would suggest to you that their records are damn near the same.
More spin... and added mulletville keeping the jokes fresh...
Old 03-30-2017, 10:22 AM   #4802
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
More spin... and added mulletville keeping the jokes fresh...
....aand done with you.

How do you use ignore feature?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #4803
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lighten up, it was a joke.

But the facts are the Flames have been a better team outside of the BoA this year. That's non debatable. That's not to say the BoA isn't worth something and that's why the Oilers are ahead of the Flames in the standings. By 3 whole pts. So realistically the teams are pretty even if you, other Oilers fans or Flames fans would like to admit it or not. That's what makes it fun.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:25 AM   #4804
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
This is the spin I enjoy... because those first 2 games didn't count?
Lets see, after 11 years of not taking the heat here for being an Oilers fan on the rare and unusual occasion where the Oilers actually act like a NHL franchise and make the playoffs you're here as some kind of crusader in the name of protecting the Oilers in their good name while saving puppies and stuff.

And no absolutely you're not here to gloat or troll or stir up a response like some fat ogre emerging from underneath a bridge to stir up the towns people.

On a Flames board noless, in a thread specifically built around the premise that your team is no good.

Hmm, yes officer everything seems to be legitimate here. Your premise is transparent, your reason for being here is apparent, and on top of that your beard is probably wack

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #4805
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
....aand done with you.

Why would you ignore this, its great, Elmer is a prime example of a Oiler troll, lets hope that some day we can preserve his body and place it in the CP hall of fame so we can all stroll past the tomb of the great unknown Oiler soldier and pelt it with peanuts.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #4806
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
....aand done with you.

Relax, it's just a schtick.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:31 AM   #4807
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Relax... it's just a game.
That's why you and your fellow Oiler fans religiously follow a thread that makes fun of the Oilers? that f5 button must be doing overtime this season.

Seems more like a game of inferiority complex. The population in Shelbyville is growing.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #4808
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman View Post
Lighten up, it was a joke.

But the facts are the Flames have been a better team outside of the BoA this year. That's non debatable. That's not to say the BoA isn't worth something and that's why the Oilers are ahead of the Flames in the standings. By 3 whole pts. So realistically the teams are pretty even if you, other Oilers fans or Flames fans would like to admit it or not. That's what makes it fun.
100% agree if I didnt enjoy reading the comments it would be pretty saddistic for me to keep coming here. I think if you go back through my comments not once did I say calgary sucks or bashed them. I just said this season the Oilers have been the better team based on head to head and the standings.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:36 AM   #4809
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
That's why you and your fellow Oiler fans religiously follow a thread that makes fun of the Oilers? that f5 button must be doing overtime this season.

Seems more like a game of inferiority complex. The population in Shelbyville is growing.
This whole thread is an inferiority complex. I think its funny when you use that argument.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:37 AM   #4810
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
This whole thread is an inferiority complex..
lol
Old 03-30-2017, 10:41 AM   #4811
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
This whole thread is an inferiority complex. I think its funny when you use that argument.
Lmao, what would the Flames feel inferior about? Oilers have been our bitch for 15 years and missed the playoffs for a record 10 straight seasons.

Maybe Yakupov, Hall, and Nugent-Hopkins got us all jealous? The fact that you're again in this thread replying within seconds shows you just want the Oilers to be validated. Try posting in other threads? It's pretty fun.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:41 AM   #4812
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
This whole thread is an inferiority complex.
Keep in mind this is the 4th iteration of a thread dating back years. Years of which the Oilers constantly finished dead least or nearly dead last in the league. Nothing about this thread was based on an inferiority complex. This thread was based on the fact that the Oilers are no good. A level of no good that will go down in the records books of one of the worst levels of no good in professional sports history.

To state that there is an inferiority complex of Flames fans towards Oilers fans over the last decade is, like the Oilers, no good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kevman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #4813
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Stang came to Calgary Puck
went to the OilNG thread
And talked about inferiority complex

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:45 AM   #4814
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Why would you ignore this, its great, Elmer is a prime example of a Oiler troll, lets hope that some day we can preserve his body and place it in the CP hall of fame so we can all stroll past the tomb of the great unknown Oiler soldier and pelt it with peanuts.
This type of feedback is the main reason I never bothered posting before because no matter what I say I'm an instant troll and any comment I would make is instantly dismissed... I think I've been pretty respectful in my posts, other than calling out the over used sweatpants/mullet jokes.

Again you can make jokes that I haven't shown up for 11 years but coming to Calgary puck is pretty much a daily ritual for me since moving away. the off topic forums keep me updated with what's going on in Calgary in regards to Oil and gas, layoffs/politics. Sureloss is probably one of the best breaking news people in hockey so I come here during trade deadline and free agency as a first stop.

Not that it matters and youll probably accuse me of being a stalker... but to prove I didn't just start coming here just yesterday. You had an avatar of some dude with cereal in his mouth pouring milk in for a good chunk of the season. ( I have a very good memory)

Anyways I'm out no point commenting here... should have just trusted my instincts and remained a fly on the wall
Old 03-30-2017, 10:49 AM   #4815
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
This type of feedback is the main reason I never bothered posting before because no matter what I say I'm an instant troll and any comment I would make is instantly dismissed... I think I've been pretty respectful in my posts, other than calling out the over used sweatpants/mullet jokes.

Again you can make jokes that I haven't shown up for 11 years but coming to Calgary puck is pretty much a daily ritual for me since moving away. the off topic forums keep me updated with what's going on in Calgary in regards to Oil and gas, layoffs/politics. Sureloss is probably one of the best breaking news people in hockey so I come here during trade deadline and free agency as a first stop.

Not that it matters and youll probably accuse me of being a stalker... but to prove I didn't just start coming here just yesterday. You had an avatar of some dude with cereal in his mouth pouring milk in for a good chunk of the season. ( I have a very good memory)

Anyways I'm out no point commenting here... should have just trusted my instincts and remained a fly on the wall

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #4816
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

So smug. So very very smug.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #4817
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hang on, I don't think you can say they have a better record the entire season.

Flames: 43 wins
Mulletville: 42 wins

The points difference is due to OT losses.
You could say the difference is due to the fact the Flames are good at gimmicky hockey. If playoff hockey went gimmicky in OT you could hand the Flames the Cup right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:52 AM   #4818
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
He's finally buzzzzz-ing off!

Old 03-30-2017, 10:53 AM   #4819
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
You could say the difference is due to the fact the Flames are good at gimmicky hockey. If playoff hockey went gimmicky in OT you could hand the Flames the Cup right now.
lol I love that this season has given V some hockey balls again. Good for you man.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:58 AM   #4820
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Or you know...after waiting 11 years to finally not "become a fly on the wall" maybe you could have made your triumphant return in another thread and actually contributed positively? Or you could continue to post in this thread and give us all the entertainment we want and deserve.
Closed Thread