Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-19-2020, 10:29 PM   #1041
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Nah, the Giants really suck. What you should look at is what are the odds for a 10 loss NFC East champ.
I guess it all depends on how the intra-divisional games go. If they all go 3-3, then an 11 loss champ is definitely in the cards. If the Eagles win 5 in the division, they might get another tie. I'm betting on 5-9-2 Eagles for the division. Is there a prop bet for that??
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:24 AM   #1042
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Who are they going to get who could realistically be better? I mean you can have Trubisky for a song but I can't see that going well. Brissett? Is he any better than Dalton? Mariota or Jameis would probably be even worse.

I don't think there's a fix, other than Zeke stops fumbling the ball.

EDIT: WAIT. The obvious answer is Alex Smith. Sure he probably won't be any good but at least people will be rooting for you.
Kaepernick. Might as well give him his chance at a comeback. It has been years but he should be better than Dalton.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:54 AM   #1043
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

No, he almost certainly isn't.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:14 AM   #1044
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I guess it all depends on how the intra-divisional games go. If they all go 3-3, then an 11 loss champ is definitely in the cards. If the Eagles win 5 in the division, they might get another tie. I'm betting on 5-9-2 Eagles for the division. Is there a prop bet for that??
Haha I love the prediction of another tie

Eagles will start to get players back and will win the div

6-9-1 is my prediction for their final record, beating the cowboys 6-10 finish !
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:26 AM   #1045
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
The Cowboys offensive line is also trash right now with the injuries. So I don't think anyone is going to QB that team to more than 5 wins right now.
Yup....Joe Montana or Tom Brady in their prime couldn't overcome that OLine play.

Dalton is a mediocre QB at best but last night had nothing to do with him really.

Hard to get a passing game going when he, at times, didnt even get enough time to set his feet and look downfield before someone was in his face or taking a completely unblocked run into his ribs. As bad as has been seen un the NFL in many years.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:37 AM   #1046
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fins have officially named Tua their starting QB going forward.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:52 AM   #1047
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

That seems...odd? I mean Fitzmagic can always go Fitztragic at any moment, but they are 3-3 right now and that division looks wide open. And Aaron Donald is up this week, so Tua might get killed first game.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #1048
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah timing feels really weird. I'd understand if Fitz had crept the bed, but I feel he's been pretty solid.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #1049
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like a pretty terrible move IMO. There's not a chance Tua will be better this season than Fitzpatrick so what kind of message does that send to the rest of the team that has battled hard this season? Why not have him remain the backup until the Dolphins fall out of the playoff race? Mahomes spent a full season as backup for the Chiefs and that turned out pretty well so I don't understand why teams feel the need to accelerate the development of rookie QB's as it seems like most of them are all ending up busts because of it. Three of the four QB's taken in the top 10 of the 2018 draft look like crap and all of them were thrown into the starting role too early.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2020, 10:00 AM   #1050
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not even about being ready with Tua either, that was a pretty catastrophic injury he suffered and the Dolphins are still rebuilding without a great offensive line. From an asset protection point of view it's a pretty weird choice.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:12 AM   #1051
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Here's an interesting thought experiment. We accept that NFL players today are better athletes than they were in the past, and we can probably guess that coaching today is more advanced than in the past as well. So what do you think is the most past NFL champion who could beat the Jets this year on a neutral field?

I would definitely think the 90s Cowboys would crush this Jets team, and so would the Montana/Young/Rice 49ers. We'd probably have to go back into the 70s that the Jets could beat. Like I think the Jets would be favored against the '68 Jets... I think. Do you think one of the Steel Curtain teams would be favored?

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:17 AM   #1052
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

This is like the Eli Manning and Kurt Warner thing all over again except that the Dolphins have won 2 straight and 3 of 4 leading up to this whereas Warner had lost a couple in a row before that switch. Maybe the Dolphins are not liking the fact that Fitzpatrick is winning too many games? I was wondering last night if a team like Dallas or any of the NFC East teams save the Eagles would try and trade for Fitzpatrick.

Like others, I would have stuck with Fitz until he started losing and you were certainly out of it. If Mahomes and Rogers can set behind a veteran guy for a year, I would think anyone can if the veteran guy is still playing well enough.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:32 AM   #1053
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Here's an interesting thought experiment. We accept that NFL players today are better athletes than they were in the past, and we can probably guess that coaching today is more advanced than in the past as well. So what do you think is the most past NFL champion who could beat the Jets this year on a neutral field?

I would definitely think the 90s Cowboys would crush this Jets team, and so would the Montana/Young/Rice 49ers. We'd probably have to go back into the 70s that the Jets could beat. Like I think the Jets would be favored against the '68 Jets... I think. Do you think one of the Steel Curtain teams would be favored?
As long as Adam Gase is the coach and his players still hate him like they do, they pretty much lose to every team in history.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:33 AM   #1054
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Like others, I would have stuck with Fitz until he started losing and you were certainly out of it. If Mahomes and Rogers can set behind a veteran guy for a year, I would think anyone can if the veteran guy is still playing well enough.
I was just thinking about this now as well. Maybe Miami is in a position to ship Fitz to Dallas as a replacement for Dalton. In my mind it could be a possibility.

You would have to wonder what the mindset in Dallas is right now though. Do they care about winning the division and making the playoffs? Do they need someone other than Dalton to make this happen? Are they willing to accept that this is a lost season with the Dak injury?

The biggest positive this year for the Cowboys is that the stadium is pretty much empty so at least they don't have to listen to a full stadium of boos.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:45 AM   #1055
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really don't mind giving Tua the reigns. They're not starting him out on day 1, they have a team that's through 6 weeks and they know what the strengths and weaknesses are. They're about to face a couple of pretty good defences headlined by superstars in Donald and Baker. So, let's see what the kid has. If he can't hack it and they fall apart, well, you can go back to Fitz and think about taking another shot at QB next draft, plus your season isn't totally over at 3-5. If he looks Joe Burrow-esque, then you may have a playoff run as early as this year.

I don't like waiting until you're out of it because it's better, in my view, to get some starts that actually matter under your young QB's belt, so he can see what it's like to play in games that have weight and consequence to them.

I dunno, I think it's Tua Time. I thought it was Tua Time after they lost to Seattle, honestly, but Fitz kind of forced them to start him by dismantling the 49ers.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:07 PM   #1056
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1318602459300974595
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:28 PM   #1057
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Maybe Aaron Rodgers was right about McCarthy? They looked horrific last night.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #1058
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Cowboys players skated by with their buddy buddy Jason Garrett for 10 years now they are mad.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:47 PM   #1059
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Cowboys players skated by with their buddy buddy Jason Garrett for 10 years now they are mad.
Reminds me of back when Glenn Healey was critical of how Daryl Sutter was coaching the Flames and was always lashing criticism at everyone and anyone in hockey. Sutter quipped, I'd say he never did a very good job for any of his coaches. The Cowboys players are a lot like the Oilers. They might have talent but they are no good at doing their jobs.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:52 AM   #1060
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Cowboys have so many problems that having Andy Dalton as the starting QB isn't even in the top 3. Bringing in a different QB at this point wouldn't fix anything as long as the OLine is injured, the defense is terrible, they have atrocious coaching, and Zeke is fumbling.

As a Cowboys fan, it is not consolation at all that this god awful team is competing for a playoff spot. They'd be better off collapsing entirely and getting a decent draft pick than making the playoffs to act as cannon fodder for a team that actually deserves to be there.. It is much harder to be the worst team in the NFC East though than the best though.

Can the Cowboys find a way to out-suck the Washington football team or the Giants? Probably not.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covid xix