Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:
Default Chucko's a player

I've never said much about the feller, always lukewarm about the pick, but he's starting to put it all together. Watched him tonight online vs. Hamilton.

Good hustler with okay hands. He'll never blow you away, but I think he'll be up with the main club sooner than later.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
flamesrule14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Weird. I was watching a bit of the game(only caught half of it) and I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm pretty confident in saying his skating is not even an issue anymore. He is definetly putting it together and hopefully he can get a few more games with the big club this year.
flamesrule14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

He's skating has improved 10 fold from where it was when they first drafted him and he's kinda of re designed himself as a player. I don't believe he'll ever be the top 6 guy they were hoping for, but I think he could be alot like David Moss. Solid guy on the bottom 6 and good on the PP. Hopefully he gets some more shots in the NHL soon. I didn't think he was that bad last year.
cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
Patrick
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross16 View Post
He's skating has improved 10 fold from where it was when they first drafted him and he's kinda of re designed himself as a player. I don't believe he'll ever be the top 6 guy they were hoping for, but I think he could be alot like David Moss. Solid guy on the bottom 6 and good on the PP. Hopefully he gets some more shots in the NHL soon. I didn't think he was that bad last year.
I dont agree. If Moss can be top 6 by standing infront of the net than Chucko can do the same thing and is stronger on the boards and downlow than Moss as well.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well personally i do not consider Moss a top 6 forward. I think 5 on 5 he is a solid 3rd liner who is great on the PP. His numbers suggest top 6 but thats becuse he scores so much on the PP. 5 on 5, he isn't a top 6 guy.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
jschick88
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
I've never said much about the feller, always lukewarm about the pick, but he's starting to put it all together. Watched him tonight online vs. Hamilton.

Good hustler with okay hands. He'll never blow you away, but I think he'll be up with the main club sooner than later.
Maybe but doesn't he have pass through re-entry waivers if the flames were to call him up?
jschick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschick88 View Post
Maybe but doesn't he have pass through re-entry waivers if the flames were to call him up?
No. He's on a two way deal so he doens't have to pass re entry waivers. He had to pass regualr waivers to go down and would again, provided his spends a certain amount of time on the roster, but reguarl waivers and re entry waivers are two different things.
The Following User Says Thank You to cross16 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
Pastiche
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I dont agree. If Moss can be top 6 by standing infront of the net than Chucko can do the same thing and is stronger on the boards and downlow than Moss as well.
And Moss is stronger in almost every other aspect of the game.
Pastiche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:57 PM   #9
FoxMulder91
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastiche View Post
and you are basing this on what?
FoxMulder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Guys, waivers are based on age and number of NHL games played, NOT on whether the contract is one-way or two-way. That only determines their salary.

Chucko is too young and too inexperienced in the NHL to have to clear waivers. He's waiver-exempt.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Freeway For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
C-ero
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think the rules are to go through waivers are:

- Played more than 82 NHL games
- Age of 27? (Not sure)

Which ever one comes up first.
C-ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #12
Patrick
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastiche View Post
Like what? Moss isnt physically stronger. Isnt toucher on the boards. He is a betetr skater. Moss "shot" is very weak.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #13
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

I think it's a given that Moss is better at this point than Chucko, he's on an NHL team and he's had some success.

Doesn't mean that Chucko can't follow a similar path.
Nice to see some positive comments on a guy who's taken a lot of flack in the past, thanks Reggie.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #14
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Am I honestly the only one who expected to open this thread and see Chucko with a bunch of models and got really excited because of it?
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #15
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
Guys, waivers are based on age and number of NHL games played, NOT on whether the contract is one-way or two-way. That only determines their salary.

Chucko is too young and too inexperienced in the NHL to have to clear waivers. He's waiver-exempt.
Two way deal determines wether or not your eligible for re entry waivers, which chucko is.

Your right, it has nothing to do with normal waivers. However, the main consideration is years since signing Pro contract. he signed his first deal at 20 and its been 3 years since. So he is waiver eligible and thus why he was put on, and cleared, waivers already this year.

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm
Old 11-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #16
gonzo29
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Am I honestly the only one who expected to open this thread and see Chucko with a bunch of models and got really excited because of it?
I think you might be.
gonzo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:46 AM   #17
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross16 View Post
Two way deal determines wether or not your eligible for re entry waivers, which chucko is.
partly right; it is the two-way day as long as the AHL salary is below a certain threshold - this season it is $100K? or something in that area. Lundmark, for example has a two-way contract, but his AHL salary is $250K, so he has to clear re-entry waivers; Chucko has an AHL salary of $85K so he is exempt from re-entry waivers
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #18
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll believe it when I see it from Chucko.

Never been impressed by him and I don't think his skating is near enough for him to cut it in the NHL.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #19
Hunter74
First Line Centre

Exp:

C'mom Chucko!!!

I noticed his PIM's are already at 48 in 21 games his career high is 80 something over a full season. Maybe Playfair told him he would never make it unless he got alittle more nasty.
Hunter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #20
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter74 View Post
C'mom Chucko!!!

I noticed his PIM's are already at 48 in 21 games his career high is 80 something over a full season. Maybe Playfair told him he would never make it unless he got alittle more nasty.
For anyone that's watched the games, what sort of penalties are they? Are they mostly little hooking and obstruction infractions, or are they of the roughing and crosschecking and being a badass variety? If he is actually playing with a bit of edge, that can only be a good thing.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flames rule , ha ha stupid oilers , oilers stink , schremp , whogetslastlaff