Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 05-17-2019, 04:06 AM   #181
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
If only the Leafs could have showed up for Game 6 or 7...they might have made it to the finals...
Don't think so. The Leafs would've had problems with the BJs and if that didn't happen, it would've been the Leafs and Hurricanes going at it again in round 3. That would be a repeat of the 2002 conf finals and this would have happened.....

Old 05-17-2019, 04:40 AM   #182
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just like a decade ago, the Hurricanes make the 3rd round and get swept.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:04 AM   #183
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Yet....skating is something that actually can be improved more so than many things.
I’ll believe it when I see it. Very few players have actually followed through on improving that aspect of their game. It would be great if Monahan or Tkachuk would do it, but I’ve seen no inclination so far.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kasi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 06:55 AM   #184
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Canes are 0-5 with Ferland in the lineup and Hamilton has been okay as a fourth dman with some cringe worthy moments. It is just a bad take to bash the Flames and that trade based on the Cane's winning a couple rounds. Some people go out of their way to make every thread about bashing the Flames and it's annoying.
You bash Ferland when he's hurt and every chance you get. Do you actually believe the Flames could have beat the Caps? Get of your homer chair it's annoying.
Kybb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:07 AM   #185
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Meh. Flames are a better team than the Hurricanes. I'm not putting any stock into teams that overachieved in these playoffs as the Bruins are putting them in their place.
Lol lets be real the east is stronger. Wilson would crush us and no one would do anything. Ovi would light us up and run over Johnny and Mony. Canes beat them leave it at that.
Kybb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:27 AM   #186
Bs&Cs
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
If only the Leafs could have showed up for Game 6 or 7...they might have made it to the finals...
respectfully, CBJ would've made short work of leaky Andersen and the rest of the allergic to contact Leafs
Bs&Cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:50 AM   #187
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybb79 View Post
Canes beat them leave it at that.
Because they overachieved. Just because one team ends up doing better than another in the playoffs doesn't mean they're really a better team.

I'm not naive enough to believe the Flames were actually better than every team but Tampa in 04. They were just better than Vancouver, Detroit, and San Jose in a 7 game series.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:23 AM   #188
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Bruins made the finals in 2011 and 2013. Looked like they'd be done after that, but they turfed Chiarelli and holy #### did they do a great job of retooling around their core.
Imagine how good they'd be if they didn't bungle those 3 consecutive first round picks...

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #189
Press Level
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
You bash Ferland when he's hurt and every chance you get. Do you actually believe the Flames could have beat the Caps? Get of your homer chair it's annoying.
Ferland is constantly injured, so it's a fair point to make.

I agree, the Flames would not have stood a chance against the Caps in a best-of-seven.
Press Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:15 AM   #190
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lol lets be real the east is stronger. Wilson would crush us and no one would do anything. Ovi would light us up and run over Johnny and Mony. Canes beat them leave it at that.
What is it with the pity party? The Caps folded in the 1st round just like the Flames, Lightning, Penguins, etc who are all better teams than the Hurricanes. It was just one of those nightmare years for the NHL where underdogs were more prepared/motivated.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 10:49 AM   #191
Mattman
First Line Centre

Exp:

The curse of the sweep lives!
Old 05-17-2019, 11:18 AM   #192
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Because they overachieved. Just because one team ends up doing better than another in the playoffs doesn't mean they're really a better team.

I'm not naive enough to believe the Flames were actually better than every team but Tampa in 04. They were just better than Vancouver, Detroit, and San Jose in a 7 game series.
Carolina had a better points % than the flames since Jan 1st. And we’re 4th best in the league since that time. Underrating them saying they have overachieved over their head unless you think they have been for over half the season. In fact the 4 final teams were all in the top 7 for points % since Jan 1.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #193
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think Carolina has been a very good team, not necessarily consistent, but very good. I think they would have done even better with Hanafin and Lindholm though, perhaps even won the Stanley Cup. Hamilton was so poor in the last series against the Bruins that he could have been wearing his old Bruins jersey, Ferland? Did he even play?
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:26 PM   #194
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Carolina had a better points % than the flames since Jan 1st. And we’re 4th best in the league since that time. Underrating them saying they have overachieved over their head unless you think they have been for over half the season. In fact the 4 final teams were all in the top 7 for points % since Jan 1.
Cheering for a new team?
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 12:32 PM   #195
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’d cheer for the Bruins except I hate Marchand.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:40 PM   #196
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I believe the Flames overachieved in 2015 so yeah I do think Carolina has played better than they actually are since January. That can happen when you're more desperate than other teams. That doesn't mean I think they're a horrible team.

Do I think they would have beat this year's playoff version of the Flames? Of course. But I think every team in the playoffs would have a had a good chance and even some that didn't make it. The Flames took a huge dump when it mattered. That doesn't mean that really they aren't better than the 15 other teams. They had a bad week at the worst time just like Tampa.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:53 PM   #197
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Thank God, what an ass kicking...final score of the series?
Thank God? For such a huge Flames fan, I thought you’d want to see a guy like Ferland in particular have some success. Why not?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #198
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dougie facing some criticism
https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/...r-ousted-canes
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:28 PM   #199
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 10:48 PM   #200
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not bashing him...just saying he was no part of the Canes run. Neither former Flame had much to do with their success. Dougie was okay...one point after the first round and terrible defensively.

Caps had game seven in the bank until Holtby let in two of the worst goals of the playoffs...they got a break and ran with it. Great, nothing to do with the Flames though.