Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2022, 12:14 PM   #1
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Draft re-caps

Always fun to talk about the thought process behind your picks.

Here's a re-cap of the Wild's draft.

2. Simon Nemec: I was on Cooley at #2 for most the year. 2 weeks ago I moved Slafkovsky into that slot based on his rise up the rankings and upside. However, in the last few days I read some compelling articles about the unique production levels of Nemec and how projectible they are. Based on that, and my better history of picking dmen high than forwards high, I moved Nemec into #2, even though I think he goes 4-5 in the NHL draft.

4. Juraj Slafkovsky: This decision was out of my hands. I was going to take whatever of Cooley or Juraj was there. I think Juraj goes #2 in the NHL draft however I think over the long-term it's a coin flip on who is better Cooley or him.

7. Cutter Guathier: When I hear "power forward" in the top 10 it scares me. i would have taken Kimmel here if he had dropped, but I saw a big drop from Guathier to the next group of smallish skilled forwards (Lekkerimaki, Savoie leading the way). So ultimately value wise Guathier is the pick here, even though I'm not huge on him. I think he goes at least this high, and perhaps higher, in the NHl draft.

17. Pavel Mintyukov: Wanted a dman at this pick as my ECHL squad needs some re-stocking here. Was hoping for one of Korchinski, Mintyukov or Mateychuk so Pavel is the one left standing. Had him at 13 on my board.

18. Ivan Miroschnichenko: A big swing here on a guy that pre-cancer was a top 5 prospect. Lots of risk here as it is a total unknown what type of player he will be when he gets back. There's some personal reasons here too as my mom beat the same type of cancer Ivan is battling. So I'm rooting for the kid for all sorts of reasons.

23. Lane Hutson: Almost picked him at 18, and as the next few picks were coming I was fearing someone would take him. So when a chance to move up 2 spots to guarantee the pick presented itself, I grabbed it. I don't think he goes this high in the NHl draft but I think he has immense potential. And I was fascinated to read an article about how he may still add some height. If he gets to 5'10 or 5'11 I think he could be the best dman in the draft. From a pure ranking point of view I had him at 31. But couldn't risk leaving him sitting there longer.

33. Filip Mesar: Had him at 27 on my list. Plays the game with pace and has good skill. There are a ton of late round/early 2nd small skilled guys in this draft, and some of them could drop later. But I picked him here because I think he's got higher potential than others around him at this spot. Gleb Trikozov also considered here and he goes next at 34.

42. Alex Perevalov: Had my eye on Ryan Chesley here but he goes 3 spots earlier. So I swing for the fences again with a guy who has been compared to David Pastarnak. At this point in the draft I'm looking for upside even with higher risk. I think he goes later in the NHL draft but I'll sit on him and see if he starts to realize his potential. #41 on my list so he goes right in that area.

3rd round quick hits:
62: Maveric Lamoureux. BIG dman. Not the type I draft, but I think he goes in the 2nd in the NHL draft so this is just about value
70. Topias Leinonen. Again value pick. Didn't really want a goalie but I think he's the first one that goes and could sneak into the 2nd.
72. Artyom Duda. Things start to thin out here but Duda is a guy that I see having more potential than others around him.

No real insights on guys drafted in the 4th and 5th. Picked a bunch and hoping one or two move into the 2nd or 3rd.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 12:27 PM   #2
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

As an aside, here are some of the best value picks I have from comparing my list to what was picked:

Jonathan Lekkerimaki: 8 on my list, went 16
Daniel Yurov: 9 on my list, went 12th. Love the pick though.
Connor Geekie: 14 on my list, went 21

And I thought Lambert at 19 is a good value pick for upside. I was going to take one of Miroschnichenko or Lambert at 18. Simmer clearly on the same page.

I also liked the Jagger Firkus pick at 25 by New Jersey.

In fact I thought NJD overall had a really good draft: Firkus, Trikozov, Odeliuis, Havelid were all guys I had my eye on as targets.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 12:30 PM   #3
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

My only guy was Adam Sykora. Was between him or Rieger Lorenz.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 12:34 PM   #4
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suspect you and I are reading a couple of the same sources Scorp.
Old 06-25-2022, 12:41 PM   #5
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

I went through to find players that had seen a pretty decent jump in rankings over the last few years. As I was only picking in later rounds I had trouble finding a lot of info not behind paywalls

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:05 PM   #6
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

At 14 Pittsburgh picked one of the best names in the draft, Rutger McGroarty LW. A solid young man with slick hands and a heavy shot. Has good size and competes hard. Potential top-six scorer at the NHL level.

At 15 we were very pleased to get Denton Mateychuk. Mobile two-way defender with good puck moving ability. Not a flashy player but a smart one who could develop into a top-four defenceman at the NHL level.

With our 3rd pick at 20 we picked Jiri Kulich who projects to be Solid two-way center with good size and skating ability. Makes good reads in the offensive zone and had great smarts.

With our 4th pick of the first round at 24 we were really excited to add to our stable of defensemen by selecting 6-5 dman Liam Bichsel.
Massive, smooth-skating blue-liner with polished defensive habits. Offensive tools need some work but could easily become a top-four defensive defenseman.

With our first pick of the second round we finally took the dman that Jiri Hrdina suggested I take at pick 14, Owen Pickering. Another 6-5 dman that I was impressed with at the top prospects game. Mobile defender with great size and good offensive instincts. A bit of a project but has upside as a top-four defenceman at the NHL level.

The guy I really wanted in this draft that was climbing up the rankings was another 6-5 dman, Noah Warren. At 32 I was happy to pick him up. I watched him play 3 times this year and each time he dominated play on the back end. At the top prospects game he took to top pick Shane Wright out of the game with a couple of very solid hits.

At 38 I grabbed another D. Elias Salmonsson, a big 6-1 toolsy defender with a big shot and solid physical game. Needs to refine his play away from the puck and improve his decision making but possesses good potential.

At pick 65 I picked RW Cruz Lucius. He fell down draft boards because of injury, but of healthy he could have easily been a late first or second round pick. Lucius has an impressive offensive skill set. Many label him a playmaker who can create chances and dish the puck. However, his goal-scoring ability cannot be overlooked. He has a good set of hands and a lethal shot.

At 75 I grabbed Matthew Poitras from under Jiri Hrdinas fingertips. Just kidding, he was next on my list, and projects as a hard-working two-way forward with the skill to capitalize on opposing mistakes. Already displays a lot of pro-level habits and projects as a reliable NHL forward with secondary scoring ability.

Overall a solid draft where I looked to work on my defensive prospects and came away pretty successful. Will see how it plays out in the NHL draft.

Last edited by Cheese; 06-25-2022 at 02:07 PM.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 04:20 PM   #7
Don't Toews Me Bro
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Re-cap of Vancouver's draft.

5. David Jiricek: Easy pick, it was whoever was left of the top 5. I was hoping Cooley would somehow fall to me but happy with Jiricek. 6'3 and plays the right side, missed some time this year with knee surgery, but returned really strong for the remainder of the season.

21. Conor Geekie: I've seen him go top 10 in a few mock drafts, I had him at 13 on my list which is great value pick here. I was anticipating one of McGroarty, Snuggerud, or any of the remaining dmen (Korchinski, Mintyukov, Mateychuk) with this pick. Happy to get Geekie, will be interested to see where he goes in the draft.

39. Ryan Chesley: Solid two-way dman, especially on the defensive side. Main concerns are lack of offensive production and not much of a wow factor. I see him as a safer pick, likely to get paired up with a more offensive-minded partner.

68. Tyler Brennan: This draft is pretty bad for goalies. That being said, I don't have any goalies prospects on my echl team so might as well get one of the top ones. I flipped a coin between him and Topias Leinonen (who Minny snatched up two picks later.) I think these two might actually go late second round in the draft, hoping for good value here.

92. Maxim Barbashev: Traded my late picks next year for this one, kind of curious if he was on anyone else's radar. He's projected between the 4th and 6th round, I think he has some breakout potential. Plays a very physical competitive game, like his brother, but the points haven't translated yet.

Overall, felt like solid draft, 2 forwards, 2 dmen, and a goalie to add to my prospects.
Don't Toews Me Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Don't Toews Me Bro For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 06:23 PM   #8
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven’t drafted in 5 years but this one I decided to take part in. I was a little rusty.

#6 Joakim Kemmel
#9 Frank Nazar
#10 Noah Ostlund
#11 Marco Kasper
#59 Christian Kyrou
#61 Michael Fisher
#66 Hunter Haight
#71 Nick Moldenhauer
#76 Kasper Kulonummi

#6 Joakim Kemmel
I was back and forth on who to draft here based on who I thought had a great chance to still be available. I settled on Simon Nemec but when Grant snagged him at #2 it threw me for a loop. Then 1 by 1 all my other guys ranked went as well leaving 1 guy left that as of 11AM this morning I was not going to take but after a quick call from the Nashville GM, changed my mind and took Joakim Kemmel, and I'm glad I did. He's "Highly competitive and physical despite his average size, best one-timer in the draft." I hope he can grow a couple more inches and is the reason I was going to shy away.

#9 Frank Nazar
This guy has been all over the draft boards from top 10 to 2nd round but I like him. I was taking whoever was there between the two American's when I picked here and thought I might have a choice until Grant took Cutter. So we take Nazar. He's going to college but that's OK and probably good for him and it's Michigan so that's good.

#10 Noah Ostlund
I probably had some people scratching their heads with this one and likely took him much higher than I needed too but he was a guy I liked when I read up on him. "Östlund is undoubtedly the sharpest player on Sweden's U18 roster and likely rates among the top-five in this draft for hockey sense period," Elite Prospects Swedish regional scout Jimmy Hamrin wrote in a pre-U18s profile of Östlund. "He is the glue that holds his teams together. He plays with strong puck support, drives play, and has a high motor."

#11 Marco Kasper
I like him better than Nazar and Ostlund, hoping he goes high to make my pick here look better! This is all I had to read to know I was going to draft him: "If you're looking for a throwback forward in this year's draft, look no further. Marco Kasper is as violent and competitive a hockey player as you'll find in the entire class. He plays every shift like it's his last and it's taking place in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.

The rest are guys I think have some potential and needed to get some D.

Last edited by MJK; 06-25-2022 at 07:41 PM.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 06:25 PM   #9
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

#30 - D Tristan Luneau (Gatineau/QMJHL)
Luneau was a relatively easy choice for me, since both Isaac Howard and Owen Beck came off the board right before this pick. The 1st overall pick in the QMJHL Draft, Luneau was named the QMJHL Defensive Player of the Year in the shortened 20-21 season before offseason knee surgery slowed down the start to his second year in the league. Luneau picked it up in the second half of the season, finishing with a decent 12 goals and 43 points in 63 points. A right-handed shot with good size, Luneau is a solid two-way defender and, in my mind, a pretty safe pick. He has all the tools to become a top 4 defenseman in the NHL at some point.

#40 - D Seamus Casey (USNTDP/USHL)
I didn't plan on using the first two picks on defensemen, but it's how the board fell. Alexander Perevalov was a consideration here, but Casey again seemed to be a pretty safe bet. There's lists where Casey goes in the late first (and ahead of Luneau, for that matter), so I felt he was pretty solid value at #40. Casey is an excellent skater who is putting up good offensive numbers, but is a bit undersized at 5-10 and 172. He is committed to a powerhouse program in the University of Michigan, where he can work on getting stronger and hopefully fill some of the void that Owen Power and fellow CPHL Rangers prospect Nick Blankenburg have left.

#54 - C Adam Ingram (Youngstown/USHL)
I was tempted by Rieger Lorentz here, but I like Ingram's potential. He completely carried his USHL team offensively with 26 goals and 55 points in 54 games ... no teammate managed more than 17 and 43, respectively. He has also worked hard to improve his defensive game, making him a well-rounded player whose game might translate well on the next level. Ingram needs to add to his frame though, as he is currently listed at 6-2 and 175. He will do so at St. Cloud State University. He seen time both in the middle and on the wing, so we'll see where he ends up when all is said and done. Either way, he projects as a middle six forward with some offensive potential down the road.

#69 - R Vinzenz Rohrer (Ottawa/OHL)
I obviously wasn't in a position to draft Marco Kasper, but you can bet your behind that I had the second Austrian circled on my list. I absolutely love this kid (who has been described as a coach's dream) and I'm thrilled to add him with the 69th selection (nice), as he's consistently been ranked in the 60s and 70s on draft boards. Rohrer led the 67s both in goals and points (granted, Flames prospect Jack Beck only played 36 games and would have crushed Rohrer's numbers), which is a decent achievement for a kid that not only played his first season in North America, but is also one of the youngest players in the whole draft (he turns 18 on September 9). Had he gone off the board before this pick, my alternative would have been Matthew Poitras.

In addition, I have a couple of overagers who might hear their names called. Tucker Robertson sits at the top of that list and should hopefully be drafted in the middle rounds.

I wanted to add even more quality picks and tried hard to facilitate a trade or two leading up to the draft, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Still, I'm pretty happy with those four additions to the prospect pool.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 08:30 PM   #10
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

The NJ Devils went into the draft with 3 picks and came out with 11 players and made 5 trades.

The first deal started with Adam Larsson being shipped to Tampa for 2 2nd round picks and 2 later round picks. Sucks losing Larsson but was nice to free up some cap.

The 2nd deal was a mid-draft deal with the Minnesota Wild. With Connor Geekie falling and hoping to grab him at #23. Vancouver swooped in at #21 to take him which meant I was able to move down 2 spots to #25 and pick up a 3rd round pick.

The 3rd deal was a big pick swap. Trading pick #53 to NYI for 64, 91, 92, 102, 115, 116, 127, and 138. I honestly didn't want to stay this long in the draft but this was a no brainer. Taking advantage of Scorps lack of time.

The 4th deal was a very simple pick swap with Vancouver trading #92 for a 4th and 5th next year.

The 5th deal was to turn some of the above picks into future picks. Trading my later round picks: Picks 115, 116, 127, 138 to Chicago for 107 and a 5th next year.

The theme of the draft was skill and pray. Now lets get to the notable Devils picks:

#25 - Jagger Firkus - C
This guy reminds me a ton of Trevor Zegras. Super cocky kid with insane amount of skill. Pulled a Michigan goal in the first round of the WHL playoffs. Outstanding shot as well.

#34 - Gleb Trikozov - RW
Russian wild card. Similar to Firkus in terms of dynamic skill. The big difference here is Trikozov has the size. A bit of a one-way player currently and who knows how Russians will be drafted this season. Absolutely dominated the MHL this season and in the playoffs. I have seen him all over the place in terms of mock drafts. Hope he slips into the 1st.

#43 - Calle Odelius - D
Once again, highly skilled player and is being labelled as the best skater in the draft. A bit undersized for a defenceman but I am hoping his skating and edgework is the difference in him making the NHL. Once again, all of the map in terms of mock drafts. I have seen him as high as #15 on mocks. Hope I stole a 1st here.

#47 - Mattias Havelid - D
NHL bloodline who is undersized but really steady on the back end. Similar to Calle, I have seen him all over the map in mock drafts. Hope he slides into the 1st round as well. Had an amazing U-18 and played significant games in the SHL which stood out to me as an 18 year old.

#64 - Tomas Hamara - D
Similar to Havelid he got a ton of pro reps this season as an 18 year old. Showed some offensive skill at the U-18s.

#67 - Bryce McConnell-Barker - C
This is the 3rd rounder I got from Grant for moving down 2 spots in the 1st. With that being said this guy is going to be a hall of famer just because it was Grant's pick he traded to me. Two-way center who turned it on later in the year. A bit of a late bloomer who just turned 18 so I am hoping he has a great season next year.

Then a bunch of random high risk, high reward guys. Probably all all-stars.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 08:41 PM   #11
simmer2
Franchise Player

Exp:

This draft was a really entertaining one to plan for.

It seems like there is a bit of a tier of guys 1-5, then the draft in some ways opens up pretty considerably from about 6 until maybe 25.

Picking at 9 yesterday, I was struggling with what to do because I had a few guys rated higher than consensus and decided to take the risk, trade down and add some assets in hopes that I could still pick up a few of my targets.

Pick 13 - Kevin Korchinski (10th on my board)

The Ducks managed to get lucky and draft one of two guys I was considering drafting at the 9th pick.

I absolutely love this kid's skating ability, offensive instincts and first passes out of the zone. He helped the Thunderbirds get to the WHL final, playing 25min to 30min a game as other defensemen on his squad got injured. He was a scholastic player of the year so is a really bright kid.

He is also a June birthday, so one of the later ones in the draft.

Overall this guy just seems very similar to the profile of Jake Sanderson. We're thrilled to have him on the Ducks.

Pick 19 - Brad Lambert (12th on my board)

I was quite surprised to see Lambert still on the board at 19. I figured with the league's propensity for high octane guys he'd be gone...but admittedly there are a number of question marks with him.

The thing is, watching his highlights, it looks like Lambert has a cheat code on the ice. Everything he did looked to be on an entirely different level. He tried to do too much on his own a lot, but man does the kid absolutely fly (and have the ability to handle the puck at those speeds)

Sure, his point totals weren't great and he got lazy at times, but I wonder if it's just a matter of time.

It's funny, scouts criticize Kemell for wondering if he's as good as his point totals are, and then the same scouts criticize Lambert for not having the point totals and wondering how good he is.

Sometimes, you just have to go with your gut, and I think Lambert goes higher than 19th.

Pick 28 - Isaac Howard (21st on my board)

Of the three highly skilled quick wingers largely considered Top 20 picks (Kemell, Lekkerimaki, Howard), I was struggling to understand why Howard was generally considered so much lower a pick. I didn't see as much of a difference between the three to justify snagging Kemell or Lekkerimaki overly high, but also didn't expect to see Howard available at 28 either.

He's got great crossovers, can score goals better than most in the first round, and lit it up in the U18's this year.

I suspect he'll get picked around where I drafted him, but he could be a sleeper pick in the first round.

Pick 49 - Filip Bystedt (35th on my board)

It's always a bit harder getting good info for guys in the 2nd round, but Bystedt seems to be a consensus 'safe' pick for the 2nd round. He's big at 6'4, can skate reasonably well, is responsible defensively, and has some offensive upside. He did put up 5G and 5A in the U18's so he's shown some ability.

Thanks Jiri for hosting the draft, it's my favourite part of CPHL and will really enjoy watching the NHL draft and seeing how this draft year turns out over the next number of years.
simmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to simmer2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 08:44 PM   #12
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I picked Nazar at 9 on purpose.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 10:50 PM   #13
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon31 Los Angeles Kings

#48 - Kirill Dolzhenkov RW (ranked #31 on my board)

One of the biggest players in the draft. Everytime I hear that sort of thing, the first thing that I check is.. can he skate? It doesn't matter if he has the best shot, best pass, best anything if the guy can't get around. Dolzhenkov has average acceleration, average first step and average top speed, for someone 6'2, 205 lbs. He is 6'6, 236 lbs and plays the boards and protects the puck like a rabid dog. He has an above average shot, and pretty good hockey IQ. I had him written down as the biggest risk/reward of the draft.

#57 - Reid Schaefer LW (ranked #41 on my board)

Late blooming two-way forward with a lethal shot. What I liked most about this player was work ethic. He had an uphill battle to put himself in the draft conversation, and takes the direction of his coaches to heart. I could see him having an easy transition to pro.

#58 Jordan Gustafson C (ranked #49 on my board)

Every scouting report talked about his shifty skating and excellent edgework. Good place to start. He is the opposite of Schaefer. This guy has all of the natural tools, to the point that he doesn't work as hard and it can seem like he takes shifts off. If he can grow up a bit, he can be a real player. High risk/high reward player, but it's all between the ears, here.

#63 Vladimir Grudinin D (ranked #62 on my board)

I actually had Ivanov ranked ahead of him, but went with Vlad. There are five big defensemen that are going in the first round, and this is the guy with comparable skill, but is left out of the conversation. Looking closer, he is tall and gangly. A little more strength training, and the sky's the limit. All of the high end elements are there, defense, skating, IQ, offensive instincts... but it didn't show on the scoresheet. Looking into that, he was called up and sent down to different teams and leagues nine times this season. Complete lack of rhythm there, but kept getting the call because he is reliable in the defensive zone. Could end up being the steal of my draft.

#73 Devin Kaplan RW (ranked #51 on my board)

Made a trade because this guy was still on the board 22 picks after where I had him slotted. A trend in this draft for me is to go with the potential power forward. My first two picks are big players and this guy is very similar in being 6'3 200lbs. Kaplan is more of a defensive forward, but with an increasing point total as the year progressed. The thing about power forwards, is that you never really know where you stand until further in their development. With all of my picks hovering around the third rounds, I felt that it would be prudent to draft for potential.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:55 PM   #14
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lightning can confidently say that they didn’t miss on any of their picks
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to agulati For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2022, 03:55 PM   #15
BagoPucks
First Line Centre

Exp:

WSH would like to thank Jiri and the other who helped the draft run smoothly. Been a busy day so I had to wait to get to my recap

WSH went in with two picks and came away with 4 players picked.

35 - Luca Del Bel Belluz - He was one of the two guys I had circled for our picks. I was unsure if I was going to see either of them by the time it got to me. So when I got one of them still sitting on the board, I jumped at it. An older player with some skating concerns but can score at the OHL level.

44 - Mats Lindgren - My guys just went before my pick and was scrambling to find a replacement. Lindgren is a good skater and a potential top 4 dman but defensive his game needs work.

Traded Jiri a 2023 3rd for 80 and 98 to get a guy I think will play in the NHL

80 - Gavin Hayes - Big strong skating forward with decent hands. Hoping he can take a step forward next year in his development.

98 - Alexander Suzdalev - A skilled forward with holes in his game that needs to be sorted. Lets see if he even gets draft in the NHL draft next weekend.

Overall, Hayes and Del Bell Belluz were guys we really wanted. I dont think I had any big steals and expect most of them to go where I picked them but lets see how they develop.
BagoPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BagoPucks For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2022, 06:31 PM   #16
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

#3 - Logan Cooley - I flip flopped a lot on who to pick here. I thought for sure Grant was picking Cooley and I was torn between Sulf and Nemec. I gave Simmer my list as Wright, Cooley and Sulf and we are ecstatic to have Cooley join our organization.

#56 - Cameron Lund. I thought this pick would have been traded but decided last minute to keep it. I didn't look too much into guys in the 2nd round for that reason and asked Tilley to choose for me. Here's what I know about Cameron: It's a special name in my house, so I instantly have a great feeling about him. I can also confirm that he does not have a father named Corb.

Thanks to those who made the picks on my behalf and to all who made the whole thing happen.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2022, 10:23 AM   #17
simmer2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bob McKenzie's final rankings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tsn...8585%3ftsn-amp

Last edited by simmer2; 06-28-2022 at 10:40 AM.
simmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to simmer2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2022, 01:36 PM   #18
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon23

Carolina Hurricanes 2022 CPHL Draft

Due to a work schedule being affected by the Hamilton Bulldogs Memorial Cup run, the Hurricanes GM had considered opting out of the 2022 CPHL draft. Thankfully Grant was able to step in for the long-time Hurricanes architect and make the 12 selections for the future modern era dynasty Hurricanes

Huge thanks to Grant for making the picks and setting up the Hurricane's future

Due to the nature of this year's draft and not being present, The Hurricanes just simply wrote down 4 names with the expectation that if the club walked away with two of these players then the draft would have been a complete win. Grant managed to draft 3 of the 4 highlighted players... I guess it was a long shot anyway that Shane Wright would drop to the 3rd round.

Once again like in previous years the Hurricanes drafted into their strengths, mainly solidifying their backend and down the middle of the Ice. With a focus on puck-moving transitional rearguards, the Canes were able to add Michael Buchinger, Otto Salin and London Knights Isaiah George. The Hurricanes add to what is a start-studded prospect pool for your defenceman in the new NHL game.

When it came to center the Canes went out of the limb and drafted Matyas Sapovaliv and David Goyette ahead of the rankings. Sapovaliv, the 6'4: center for the Saginaw Spirit is expected to be drafted in the 1st round of the NHL draft. To steal a player like that was being overlooked by scouting publications was exactly the move that the Hurricanes have put themselves in a position to make. Goyette ste[s into the Canes prospect pool hoping to fill the void created by the terrible player development that the NHL Arizona Coyotes did to Barrett Hayton.

Getting great value on North Bay Battalion's Liam Arnsby and the addition of goaltending prospect Reid Dyck was a cherry on top for the organization. The Hurricanes have dreadful in the goaltending scouting department and the Minnesota Wild have been the leaders in that position in regards to sporting talent.

27 - C David Goyette
2021-22 Team: Sudbury Wolves (OHL)
Date of Birth: March 27, 2004
Place of Birth: Saint-Jérôme, QC, CAN
Ht: 5-foot-11 Wt: 174 pounds
Shoots: Left
Position: Center
Strengths: Puck skills, Skating, Offensive IQ, Creativity, Passing

41- Matyas Sapovaliv
2021-22 Team: Saginaw Spirit (OHL)
Date of Birth: Feb. 12, 2004
Place of Birth: Kladno, CZE
Ht: 6-foot-4 Wt: 190 pounds
Shoots: L
Strengths:Quick accurate shot, Vision and IQ, Playmaking, Two-way play, Faceoff dependability

55 - Michael Buchinger
2021-22 Team: Guelph Storm (#4)
Date of Birth: Apr 25, 2004
Place of Birth: Markham, ON, Canada
Ht: 6-foot Wt: 185 pounds
Position: Defense
Strengths: Skating, Always thinking offense, Transition passing, Highly competitive, Smart/making quick decisions

78 - Otto Salin
2021-22 Team: HIFK (Liiga)
Date of Birth: Nov. 2, 2003
Place of Birth: Helsinki, Finland
Ht: 5 foot 11 Wt: 192 pounds
Shoots: Right
Strengths: Skating, Offensive Instincts, Accurate Passing. Willingness to shoot, Puck-moving ability

81 - Isaiah George
2021-22 Team: London Knights (OHL)
Date of Birth: Feb. 15, 2004
Place of Birth: Oakville, ON, CAN
Ht: 6-foot-1 Wt: 194 lbs
Shoots: L
Position: Defence
Strengths: Skating ability- speed and effortless stride, Versatility to play different roles on a team, Athleticism to cover significant territory on the ice, Closing gaps in the neutral zone, Moving the puck in transition

83 - Jack Devine
2021-22 Team: University of Denver (NCAA)
Date of Birth: Oct. 2, 2003
Place of Birth: Glencoe, IL, USA
Ht: 5-foot-11 Wt: 172 pounds
Position: Right Wing
Strengths: Defensive pass anticipation, Vision, Forecheck, Off-puck play, Championship experience

86 - Ryan Greene
2021-22 Team: Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)
Date of Birth: Oct. 21, 2003
Place of Birth: Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada
Height: 6-foot-2, Weight: 174 pounds
Strengths: Speed, Defensive Awareness, Playmaking, Agility

104 - Fraser Minten
021-22 Team: Kamloops Blazers (WHL)
Date of Birth: July 5, 2004
Place of Birth: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ht: 6-foot-1 Wt: 185 pounds
Strengths: Two-way game, Play along the boards, Penalty Killing, Net-front presence

111 - Brennan Ali
2021-22 Team: Lincoln Stars (USHL)
Date of Birth: February 9, 2004
Place of Birth: Glencoe, IL, USA
Ht: 6-foot-1 Wt: 194 pounds
Strengths: Size, Skating ability, Puck-handling skills, Shooting

128 - Angus Booth
2021-22 Team: Shawinigan Cataractes (QMJHL)
Date of Birth: Apr. 27, 2004
Place of Birth: Montreal, QC
Ht: 6-foot-1 Wt: 176 pounds
Strengths: Defensive Awareness, Skating, Vision, Hockey IQ, Puckhandling

132 - Reid Dyck
2021-22 Team: Swift Current Broncos (WHL)
Date of Birth: Jan 20, 2004
Place of Birth: Winkler, Manitoba
Height: 6-foot-4, Weight: 194 pounds
Catches: Left
Position: Goaltender
Strengths: NHL-ready size, Creativity, Agility and speed for his size, High compete level

139 - Liam Arnsby
2021-22 Team: North Bay Battalion (OHL)
Date of Birth: Nov. 20, 2003
Place of Birth: Ajax, ON, Canada
Ht: 5-foot-11 Wt: 183 lbs
Shoots: R
Strengths: Tough gritty playstyle, Good hockey IQ, Great shot, Proven leader on the ice

Player bios and Strengths taken from thehockeywriters.com

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 06-28-2022 at 02:01 PM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2022, 01:49 PM   #19
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now that’s a write up!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2022, 04:49 PM   #20
Swayze11
something else haha