Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Old 08-06-2019, 07:05 PM   #41
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It’s inevitable you are going to be a balding (you could luck out with genetics) middle aged man in time. I hope life is better to you than you seem to think it is for all other middle aged men. Yeah the guy is a dick but let’s not paint middle aged people to be pathetic pricks that only have KFC to look forward to.
As a middle-aged guy, albeit with a full head of hair, I tend to agree, except this guy drives an "SUV" so he deserves all derision pointed his way.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #42
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
It’s inevitable you are going to be a balding (you could luck out with genetics) middle aged man in time. I hope life is better to you than you seem to think it is for all other middle aged men. Yeah the guy is a dick but let’s not paint middle aged people to be pathetic pricks that only have KFC to look forward to.
As an almost middle aged, starting to go bald man who drives a small red suv and looks forward tremendously to some fried chicken, relax.

Okay, so I don’t really drive an SUV. But it’s a hatchback, close enough.

Last edited by 81MC; 08-06-2019 at 09:31 PM.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:36 PM   #43
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Sounds like somebody didn’t get their KFC today.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #44
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Family of 3 seriously injured after car smashes through KFC window in Calgary

I have been reading all of these more recent posts as if KFC is a euphemism for sex... or Matlock.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:47 PM   #45
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t have an issue shaming that guy because quite frankly, that was ridiculous.

Having said that, he also shouldn’t lose his job over this. He wasn’t working. This current trend of firing people because their mistakes get put on the internet and go viral is stupid. We all make mistakes and expecting people to be perfect all the time is absurd. Let’s just call him a dick and move on with our lives.

And who knows, it’s entirely possible he didn’t realize the severity of the situation. He could also be dealing with something in his personal life. Dumb decision but absolutely no need to ruin his life over it.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 06:24 AM   #46
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Sounds like somebody didn’t get their KFC today.
I do not care for fried chicken (can't remember the last time I had KFC), I got lots of hair, and don't drive an SUV.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:32 AM   #47
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I don’t have an issue shaming that guy because quite frankly, that was ridiculous.

Having said that, he also shouldn’t lose his job over this. He wasn’t working. This current trend of firing people because their mistakes get put on the internet and go viral is stupid. We all make mistakes and expecting people to be perfect all the time is absurd. Let’s just call him a dick and move on with our lives.

And who knows, it’s entirely possible he didn’t realize the severity of the situation. He could also be dealing with something in his personal life. Dumb decision but absolutely no need to ruin his life over it.
People need to understand that everyone makes mistakes and internet shaming makes us no better. Nothing good could come out of ruining this man's life. He could have a wife and kids that would be negatively affected and it's just too severe for a moment in time where he was caught on camera being an idiot.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:08 AM   #48
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I do not care for fried chicken (can't remember the last time I had KFC), I got lots of hair, and don't drive an SUV.
..and a wonderful sense of humour!
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rando For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 07:17 AM   #49
guzzy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
Wow just wow. A couple and their infant were put in the hospital with life threatening injuries as a result of the crash and this a-hat is upset about the traffic jam caused by the first responders. Talk about lack of perspective.
some people just need a good old phone book smack upside the head.
guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:20 AM   #50
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
..and a wonderful sense of humour!
I really don’t care for KFC and never understood the hype for fried chicken.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:21 AM   #51
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

Wrong. The family will be relegated to poverty as their modest fortune is donated to the state and Erick will have to forego all future tee-times as the next stop is the gallows.

This is the only just punishment for this crime.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:22 AM   #52
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ee =
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:04 AM   #53
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I will agree about not losing his job but just because you aren't working at the time doesn't mean you shouldn't be judged by your employer if your public life gets exposed in a very negative light such as the FHRITP people. Cameras are everywhere these days you can't hide your real personality anymore and personally I wouldn't want someone working for me that acts completely different outside of work.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:21 AM   #54
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

At the sake of exposing myself as missing the joke, what's wrong with SUV's?
Old 08-07-2019, 08:23 AM   #55
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

"What? It said 'Drive-Thru!!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:26 AM   #56
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is why I prefer Popeyes.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #57
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

This is why I eat my chicken in the basement.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #58
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Public shaming has always been an important method of correcting bad behaviour. It's literally how society has always operated. Does that moron deserve to lose his job or anything? Nah. Does he deserve to have his face plastered in public because he behaved like an entitled dickhead who felt that a minor inconvenience to him was more important than the health of three seriously injured people? Yup. Hopefully he's embarrassed about it, and hopefully it calms him down next time he finds a police emergency will cost him a few minutes of his life.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #59
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I really don’t care for KFC and never understood the hype for fried chicken.
he said he never understood the hype for fried chicken
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #60
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know that we all have to be mad at the idiot raging at the cops for whatever reason, but I'm still mad at the stunting moron who sent two new parents and their newborn child to hospital.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post: