Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2019, 04:47 PM   #21
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
They're trying to fast-track their rebuild.
And they did that. They added panarin trouba and kaako to their core. Great off season but panarin and trouba taking up 20 mil. They now need to trade kreider and namesnikov for cheap players under control. They are a ton better but they aren't contenders
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:50 PM   #22
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho0978 View Post
And they did that. They added panarin trouba and kaako to their core. Great off season but panarin and trouba taking up 20 mil. They now need to trade kreider and namesnikov for cheap players under control. They are a ton better but they aren't contenders
Thats basically the perennial description of the New York Rangers.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:02 PM   #23
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Thats basically the perennial description of the New York Rangers.
Lundqvist has 128 playoff games with the rangers
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:16 PM   #24
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another star who goes to the Rangers and sucks.. when will these players learn?
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:23 PM   #25
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Another star who goes to the Rangers and sucks.. when will these players learn?

They make their money and get to live in Manhattan. Seems like a good deal to me.
mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:29 PM   #26
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
They make their money and get to live in Manhattan. Seems like a good deal to me.
I guess.. but I also think not all players are looking forward to a career suicide when they sign with the Rangers.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:29 PM   #27
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Man , if you're telling me Namestnikov is available from the Rangers, sign me up for trying to get him.kreider, Namestnikov, dont matter to me, get one.
Who's telling you this??
Would be sweet 4 sure
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:54 PM   #28
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Pardon my ignorance, but does Shattenkirk get every dollar Of the contract he signed with the Rangers? I’m assuming yes given guaranteed contracts but im reading articles that would suggest otherwise.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:04 PM   #29
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think in a buyout he gets 2/3 of it.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:14 PM   #30
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but does Shattenkirk get every dollar Of the contract he signed with the Rangers? I’m assuming yes given guaranteed contracts but im reading articles that would suggest otherwise.
A buyout on a player 26 years or older gives the player 2/3 of their remaining salary owed spread over twice the length of the contract remaining

A buyout on a younger than 26 gives the player 1/3 of their remaining salary owed spread over twice the length of the contract remaining
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 11:46 PM   #31
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Rangers really shat the bed with that signing
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:49 PM   #32
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
A buyout on a player 26 years or older gives the player 2/3 of their remaining salary owed spread over twice the length of the contract remaining

A buyout on a younger than 26 gives the player 1/3 of their remaining salary owed spread over twice the length of the contract remaining
Plus, if a contract is bought out, any signing bonuses due on the contract during the bought out years are still paid in full.

Shattenkirk was set to be paid $6.6 million this season and $4 million next season, with half of that $4 million being paid as a signing bonus. Because of that, he will end up taking home $7.73... million over the next four seasons with the buyout.

He should be able to get a new deal that pays him the lost ~$3 million, and then some. This should work out pretty well for him over all.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:02 AM   #33
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
I wonder how many get tired of that rat race very fast, I've been to NYC 3 times now, it's great to visit for a few days but I could never live there, the 24 hour noise, the weather isn't great and the locals aren't exactly welcoming either. Even millionaire players probably don't like paying double for normal goods and 5x for a apartment.

It's a very exhausting place on the system.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:38 AM   #34
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
I wonder how many get tired of that rat race very fast, I've been to NYC 3 times now, it's great to visit for a few days but I could never live there, the 24 hour noise, the weather isn't great and the locals aren't exactly welcoming either. Even millionaire players probably don't like paying double for normal goods and 5x for a apartment.

I generally feel the same about NYC but can’t deny the energy you feel in the city. I understand why celebs like it there.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:52 AM   #35
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
I generally feel the same about NYC but can’t deny the energy you feel in the city. I understand why celebs like it there.
For me that energy lasts about 3-4 days and then I need peace
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:28 AM   #36
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rangers being the Rangers. That was a bad contract the moment it was inked but it's not like the Trouba or Panarin contracts are great as the Trouba one in particular is major overpayment. For a city where most players want to play they haven't exactly been using that as leverage in negotiations.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-01-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 07:41 AM   #37
Flames1217
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Icon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Rangers being the Rangers. That was a bad contract the moment it was inked but it's not like the Trouba or Panarin contracts are great as the Trouba one in particular is major overpayment. For a city where most players want to play they haven't exactly been using that as leverage in negotiations.
Cost of living is crazy in NY, also a factor when considering signing contracts or signing free agents.

Shattenkirk is going to be a steal though to a team if he signs below 3 milion. When used correctly he is a very good player and can quarterback a PP.

If we were not in a crunch would be great, but won't sign here and will probably sign with either Jersey or the Isles to stay in the area.
Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:48 AM   #38
Mayo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
Cost of living is crazy in NY, also a factor when considering signing contracts or signing free agents.

Shattenkirk is going to be a steal though to a team if he signs below 3 milion. When used correctly he is a very good player and can quarterback a PP.

If we were not in a crunch would be great, but won't sign here and will probably sign with either Jersey or the Isles to stay in the area.
Ya Devils are a good bet. Philly also has a ton of cap space but NJ probably a more desirable place to go given their expected competitiveness
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:54 AM   #39
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post

Cost of living in NY is expensive for renters. If you own its not so bad (owning in NY would be a positive investment). Property taxes are up there but not prohibitive. Day to day life can be very reasonable if you choose to avoid high end bars and restaurants ect. I have been many times over the last 3 years, I can live on less than 50 a day eating out and enjoying the city if I want.
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:58 AM   #40
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post

I have friends and colleagues who live in NY and they all believe it is the greatest place on earth. I am sure it is not for everyone, but a tonne of people love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote