Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2019, 11:22 PM   #1481
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Inexcusable, but....

That’s like when someone says “I’m sorry I hurt you, but you shouldn’t have put your face there.”
So you don't see a problem with a player ripping the helmet off another player, and then using it as a weapon against said player?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:41 PM   #1482
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sure, but I didn’t watch that part of the game so I can comment on it. I’m only talking about your post where you say it’s inexcusable but that Vernon Adams Jr shouldn’t have been playing. Hence my conspiring it to I’m sorry, but you put your face there.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:13 AM   #1483
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

With the Lions beating the RedBlacks last night, Stamps clinch a playoff spot!

.......... and so did the Bombers, despite their loss

Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:33 AM   #1484
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Sure, but I didn’t watch that part of the game so I can comment on it. I’m only talking about your post where you say it’s inexcusable but that Vernon Adams Jr shouldn’t have been playing. Hence my conspiring it to I’m sorry, but you put your face there.
The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. Your take is bad. Both of the following are true: the Bombers blew it, and ### should have been given 15 yards and an ejection
Old 09-22-2019, 08:46 AM   #1485
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Never too early to talk about front runners and teams in trouble. I'm sure no one would disagree that Montreal may only win 3 games this year, for instance. Calgary had a great run but the D simply isn't in the same ballpark as they had last season.
This didnt age very well....and a great reminder that the CFL is unlike any other pro league as far as making declarations early on in games, or the season.

I thought the Stamps were dead and buried about 6 weeks ago...what they have accomplished in simply unreal.

Last edited by transplant99; 09-22-2019 at 08:48 AM.
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to transplant99 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #1486
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
This didnt age very well....and a great reminder that the CFL is unlike any other pro league as far as making declarations early on in games, or the season.

I thought the Stamps were dead and buried about 6 weeks ago...what they have accomplished in simply unreal.
Did anyone predict Montreal would be anything but a basement dweller?

Who pegged ### as being a quality QB?
Old 09-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #1487
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Speaking of his comments that didn’t age very well either

Quote:
Stamps fans declaring they will compete for the division title. Unreal how deluded they are.
And later, this

Quote:
So great to see all the whining and whinging on Calgary Puck. Great to see the stamps in 4th
So great to see the Stamps climb back up and tied for 1st. The meltdown in Bomberville is a fun read too
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 09:29 AM   #1488
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post

And later, this

So great to see the Stamps climb back up and tied for 1st. The meltdown in Bomberville is a fun read too
I'm so flattered in your fascination with me. Do you want to meet up somewhere and I can sign something of yours?
Old 09-22-2019, 09:37 AM   #1489
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Did anyone predict Montreal would be anything but a basement dweller?

Who pegged ### as being a quality QB?
What does that have to do with....anything?

Whether "anyone" predicted whatever, my point was making declarations early in the season (or even in a single game) is pointless because the CFL is a different animal.

Not my fault the team you cheer for is in meltdown mode.

Quote:
I'm so flattered in your fascination with me. Do you want to meet up somewhere and I can sign something of yours?
LOL...so you poke a bear repeatedly, then it answers and you become a complete asshat about it?

You may want to get that thin skin of yours checked out by a medical professional.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #1490
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
LoL...so you poke a bear repeatedly, then it answers and you become a complete asshat about it?

You may want to get that thin skin of yours checked out by a medical professional.
This has to be the most pot meet kettle post I've read in ages. Calm down, Susan. Why are you and scorch so obsessed with my opinion?
Old 09-22-2019, 10:18 AM   #1491
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Yeah....no.

You make declarations about things, you will get called out on it...then when it happens, you question why and call it "obsessed with my opinion". Then you throw in a little misogyny for good measure, which i am pretty confident is frowned upon in these parts.

Brutal take.

Well done.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:21 AM   #1492
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Edit
Not worth it.

Last edited by White Out 403; 09-22-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:31 PM   #1493
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

And later, this

Not sure why they would be surprised. They are fans of the one team in the CFL that whenever they aren't basement dwellers are most likely to fall on sharp objects.

2001: Best regular season record at 14-4, loses to sub .500 Stamps in GC

2007: Wins East division, but Kevin Glenn breaks his arm in the East final and they have to start a backup QB against the Riders in GC and lose

2011: Start season 7-1, players and fans start getting unjustifiably uppity and call themselves 'swaggerville', proceed to get swept in the Labour day / Banjo Bowl home and home set to the previously 1-7 Roughriders, finish the season 3-7, are lucky they are in the East pre-REDBLACKS so they win the East and then get justifiably pummeled in the GC against a legit West team

2019: Start season 5-0, proclaim to be the 'class of the CFL', since then have been a .500 football team. Gives up the biggest comeback in Montreal Als history . . . no longer alone in 1st in the west.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 12:53 PM   #1494
Slanter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hey White Out, when you call Vernon Adams Jr "###", it sounds to me like you're disparaging him by calling him a slang word for female genitals. Which would be sexist.

I don't know if that's your intention or not, but either way, you should probably stop.
Slanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:29 PM   #1495
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanter View Post
Hey White Out, when you call Vernon Adams Jr "###", it sounds to me like you're disparaging him by calling him a slang word for female genitals. Which would be sexist.

I don't know if that's your intention or not, but either way, you should probably stop.
Sounds like you have the issue. That's a weird correlation to make.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:18 PM   #1496
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

The lunch truck that stops by our work shows up as "VAG services" on your statements. Everyone ribs him about, it's hilarious.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:27 PM   #1497
Slanter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So you're going with the "I don't have a problem, you have a problem" response...

Maybe you missed it, but other people picked up on what you were doing too:

Quote:
Then you throw in a little misogyny for good measure, which i am pretty confident is frowned upon in these parts.
If (and I find it hard to believe) it was unintentional, all you needed to do in your reply is say something like: "Wow, that's not what I meant. I'll call him something else in the future."

Don't even need to say sorry (although it wouldn't hurt). Just show an ounce of empathy for another person's point of view, and a willingness to change even a little bit.

Anyways, I'll refer my concern to the mods, and we can let this thread get back to football.
Slanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:13 PM   #1498
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanter View Post
So you're going with the "I don't have a problem, you have a problem" response...

Maybe you missed it, but other people picked up on what you were doing too:

If (and I find it hard to believe) it was unintentional, all you needed to do in your reply is say something like: "Wow, that's not what I meant. I'll call him something else in the future."

Don't even need to say sorry (although it wouldn't hurt). Just show an ounce of empathy for another person's point of view, and a willingness to change even a little bit.

Anyways, I'll refer my concern to the mods, and we can let this thread get back to football.
Woke af. Except I'm not sure what you're woke over. His initials are literally ###.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:14 PM   #1499
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
These quotes are gems. It’s like that guy at the office who goes out for lunch with his buddy and talks #### about his coworkers and but the coworkers were already sitting at a nearby table hearing everything this guy said. Added bonus when the guy comes back and tries socializing with everyone again pretending nothing has happened.

The train wreck is fun to watch
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 10:43 PM   #1500
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
These quotes are gems. It’s like that guy at the office who goes out for lunch with his buddy and talks #### about his coworkers and but the coworkers were already sitting at a nearby table hearing everything this guy said. Added bonus when the guy comes back and tries socializing with everyone again pretending nothing has happened.

The train wreck is fun to watch

Is this you asking me to lunch? Are you paying?

Last edited by White Out 403; 09-22-2019 at 10:46 PM.