Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2021, 11:56 AM   #161
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

What if some of the adults were kids that were recast

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:03 PM   #162
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe kids are the only ones that can be recast so that's why there are none in the town. Agnes pulling the strings to resurrect "Ralph".
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:31 PM   #163
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Maybe kids are the only ones that can be recast so that's why there are none in the town. Agnes pulling the strings to resurrect "Ralph".
Hmm.. Interesting theory. She's there to take advantage of the whole thing to get "Frank" back. Some kind of make sense. She definitely has a motive.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #164
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Spoiler!

Just some random thoughts... What the heck is Hayward's issue and is he hiding something deeply wrong with SWORD that Rambeau hasn't figured out yet? He's got a very big anti-hero bias, a past of Wanda or something to be that trigger happy after Wanda basically helped save the planet right before this.

So with this episode and Wanda is just re-arranging ppl/objects to fit the current setting of her world. Is she subconsciously doing all this or is it someone else? If it is Wanda's subconscious, did Wanda just re-arrange some dead bodies for that "re-cast" and her kids? Super creepy if that's why there are no children other than hers in the town. Like the material for those three had to have come from somewhere, show says she isn't creating something from nothing like with the skipping rope/Monica's Kevlar pants... maybe the "re-cast" is actually the beekeeper getting re-arranged after Wanda's "no".
Spoiler!
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:11 PM   #165
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

That was a great episode. Definitely brought it all together and really set up the final few episodes to be epic.

I'm definitely hooked now.

This show is like reading a Brandon Sanderson book... just make it through those first 800 pages then whamo!!
Old 02-07-2021, 10:55 PM   #166
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was really good. There are little elements of creepy horror in this that I’m enjoying. Thankfully first few episodes were short so I don’t feel like I wasted too much time.

Elizabeth Olsen is great.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:38 PM   #167
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ok, this is going to seem a bit out there, but I think the FF is going to be introduced here.

A few posts back someone had mentioned Ralph being the big bad, and I totally agree with that. Hopefully this won't meander too badly and is totally speculation town.

I always go back to rewatch the episodes after seeing a new one, trying to piece together the new info to match the old. I got as far as episode 1 this time when something caught my eye. Spoiler tag for newest episode info and cause it is wild speculation.

Spoiler!

It is totally speculation, but I don't like coincidences and that Baby June - Ralph June 2nd combo from the first 5 minutes of the series just won't get out of my head. Probably reading way too much into it (Disney getting exactly what they wanted).
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belsarius For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2021, 09:04 PM   #168
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I kept saying that these shows wouldn't have major big reveals that would effect the Marvel movies. But I was wrong as Agents of Shield dealt with a lot of large elements.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:25 PM   #169
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I kept saying that these shows wouldn't have major big reveals that would effect the Marvel movies. But I was wrong as Agents of Shield dealt with a lot of large elements.
In what way? That series divorced itself from canon after season 5, and while it dealt with major events of the MCU it never seemed to influence the MCU.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:39 PM   #170
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They did touch on issues from the movies. The story line from Winter Soldier was greatly expanded in agents of shield. But I think what I meant to say is that they took a lot of the comic book stuff and bought it into their own universe.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:55 PM   #171
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
They did touch on issues from the movies. The story line from Winter Soldier was greatly expanded in agents of shield. But I think what I meant to say is that they took a lot of the comic book stuff and bought it into their own universe.
Absolutely they did. So much of the MCU was touched on in Agents, especially the Hydra infiltration...so much so that I take Agents as the definitive understanding of that story. It was fun until they abandoned it.

This is the first time I've seen a series influence the MCU. At least it seems like it will. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has completely confirmed the events of WandaVision will influence the MCU. And this past episode indicates why.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 09:57 PM   #172
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Two things that I liked in Agents of Shield were from the Age of Ultron.

Coulson got the helicarrier that they used to evacuate.

Coulson literally gave the order at the start of the movie that wiped out Hydra.

Old 02-08-2021, 10:27 PM   #173
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The main thing the prevented Shield from influencing the MCU is that the characters really only went one way. who are the characters from the MCU that went to AOS?

Coulson, only been in a prequel scince.
Fury, for 30 seconds on TV, never mentioned it in film.
Hill, has gotten about 2 minutes of movie screen time since
Sith, has gotten about 2 minutes of movie screen time since

Sitwell, probably the best case for having taken something from AOS back to the MCU. but he was like #8 billing on his episodes of AOS, and probably like #20 billing in his MCU films.

This was different from day 1, the top billing character in this show has and will again be part of the big6 team. They introduced minimum 1 probably 2 major characters that will be in future films. We aren't sure yet, but this series might be bringing a major character back to life for the films.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:00 AM   #174
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I think a Disney+ series, especially a limited run series like this, has a decent chance at impacting the universe in a larger way than Agents of Shield..
Old 02-09-2021, 08:23 AM   #175
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think that since Disney's business model is starting to lean more on Disneyplus and that they really need to do a better job of holding on to subscribers, they're making a clear statement to marvel fans that these shows are core material and you need to keep subscribing to keep up. They're not going to be happy with their annual Mandalorian bump, they want to see those numbers stay up, so there's probably always going to be a Star Wars and/or a Marvel show once they hit their stride.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:25 AM   #176
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsarius View Post
Ok, this is going to seem a bit out there, but I think the FF is going to be introduced here.

Spoiler!
June 2nd was when the Salem Witch Trials began.

Quote:
The Court of Oyer and Terminer convened in Salem Town on June 2, 1692, with William Stoughton, the new Lieutenant Governor, as Chief Magistrate, Thomas Newton as the Crown's Attorney prosecuting the cases, and Stephen Sewall as clerk. Bridget Bishop's case was the first brought to the grand jury, who endorsed all the indictments against her.
I'm thinking Agnes was perhaps a practicing witch with little power until she was burned at the stake (even though that didn't happen in Salem in actuality) and made a deal with Ralph.

As for FF, last episode Monica said:

Spoiler!
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:30 AM   #177
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
June 2nd was when the Salem Witch Trials began.

I'm thinking Agnes was perhaps a practicing witch with little power until she was burned at the stake (even though that didn't happen in Salem in actuality) and made a deal with Ralph.

As for FF, last episode Monica said:

Spoiler!
I never knew that was the Salem date. That totally makes sense, and maybe the headline was just a false clue or it was just a happy circumstance, or just a Sue shoutout knowing they will introduce them in later episodes.

Spoiler!
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:53 AM   #178
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsarius View Post
I never knew that was the Salem date. That totally makes sense, and maybe the headline was just a false clue or it was just a happy circumstance, or just a Sue shoutout knowing they will introduce them in later episodes.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

As for the "Little Baby June's First Word Tickles Mother Sue" I still haven't seen a clear image of the word "Sue" but if it's just a bit of an Easter Egg as opposed to foreshadowing or a clue then June Covington also goes by Scarlett Witch in the comics. She was created by Kelly Sue DeConnick who has also been involved in the MCU (consultant and even a cameo appearance) and Disney+ (in 616 documentary). But I also wouldn't be surprised if you're on the right track with your thinking and this will make more sense after all the reveals.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 02-09-2021 at 11:01 AM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:03 AM   #179
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Are there any characters in the comics called "Frank"? Franklin Richards, Frank Castle, both likely not it.

Edit: After thinking about it, they probably wouldn't make it that obvious.

Last edited by blankall; 02-09-2021 at 11:07 AM.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:45 PM   #180
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I think that since Disney's business model is starting to lean more on Disneyplus and that they really need to do a better job of holding on to subscribers, they're making a clear statement to marvel fans that these shows are core material and you need to keep subscribing to keep up. They're not going to be happy with their annual Mandalorian bump, they want to see those numbers stay up, so there's probably always going to be a Star Wars and/or a Marvel show once they hit their stride.
Yep 38 Disney+ Episodes and 4 movies releasing from Marvel Entertainment Studies this year. We are pretty much going to see weekly content going forward.

Possibly 5 Star Wars series dropping in 2022, next year we will be up to speed on weekly drops of star wars content.

Disney seems to be driving streaming towards a traditional serialized model of TV viewing and get away from the binging. It would surprise me if we start to see their reality shows get up to weekly releases every week at some point.

Maybe see National Geographic drop something new every week.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote