Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 05:21 PM   #6061
SnipeShow
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Losing Jankowski ...
That definitely hurt... It's common knowledge he is Crosby's heir apparent these days

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2021, 05:34 PM   #6062
GS Skier
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
I like to think of it positively.

We wouldn’t have had room for Tanev and Markstrom, never have moved Lindholm to center, yada yada butterfly effect
Agree, it's on the level of why didn't we draft the guy who 3 selections down scored more than our guy.

Don't post often but why are page after page devoted to trading for guy who has clearly stated he wants a big stage and New York in particular.

Deadline trades will be strictly to add for playoffs and regular season trades just ain't happening. He's an RFA and we get one year and then he just holds out again for his $10 Million to try to get to NY. He doesn't sound sound like a "great guy in the room" but we'll never know because we aren't in rooms. Then the assets we traded are gone and so will he be.

I get the spit balling but gee whiz page after page after page on a fairy tale trade when the 3 centers we have are off to a pretty good start. Man some of you guys need lives.
The Following User Says Thank You to GS Skier For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 06:26 PM   #6063
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
I like to think of it positively.

We wouldn’t have had room for Tanev and Markstrom, never have moved Lindholm to center, yada yada butterfly effect
Feel like a Backlund or Monahan trade would’ve occurred by then so the Flames could have a Lindholm, Kadri, Monahan or Backlund 1-2-3 punch.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:27 PM   #6064
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Losing Jankowski ...
Could come back to bite us in the ass, especially if he has a great bounce back year (very likely).
Old 01-19-2021, 06:28 PM   #6065
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
Could come back to bite us in the ass, especially if he has a great bounce back year (very likely).
Jankowski will bite us in the ass the same way as Lazar and Kulak. Meh.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 06:29 PM   #6066
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

They didn’t lose Jankowski
They chose not to qualify him
Old 01-19-2021, 06:47 PM   #6067
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Where does Jankowski even play on this iteration of the roster? There's no room for him at all.

Old 01-19-2021, 06:48 PM   #6068
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Lol losing Jankowski. How will we ever fill that massive hole in the lineup?

*Flames sign literally anyone*

Oh neat that’s how
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 07:39 PM   #6069
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Skier View Post
Agree, it's on the level of why didn't we draft the guy who 3 selections down scored more than our guy.

Don't post often but why are page after page devoted to trading for guy who has clearly stated he wants a big stage and New York in particular.

Deadline trades will be strictly to add for playoffs and regular season trades just ain't happening. He's an RFA and we get one year and then he just holds out again for his $10 Million to try to get to NY. He doesn't sound sound like a "great guy in the room" but we'll never know because we aren't in rooms. Then the assets we traded are gone and so will he be.

I get the spit balling but gee whiz page after page after page on a fairy tale trade when the 3 centers we have are off to a pretty good start. Man some of you guys need lives.
A guy who has clearly stated he wants a big stage?

Hes never said anything remotely close to that.

After these 2 years he is still an RFA. We dont just lose him for nothing even if he wants to leave. Which I dont believe he will, because we have a good young locker room and will have team success with his addition to this lineup.

We cannot win with Monahans ghost and one dimensional game in the playoffs. It's obvious we are spinning our wheels. It's time to shake up this team, move Monahan and pick up a center with a massive ceiling coming into his prime. A bold move. If Dubois turns into half the player it looks like he's going to, the Flames will be laughing for a decade or more.

Some of these trade proposals are insane. Wouldnt trade Valimaki one for one? Jesus. Think about it this way, if Matthew Tkachuk said he wanted out, would you take guys like Bennett, Hanifin and a first for him? How ridiculous.

Columbus is in win now. Monahan meets the first line center criteria according to his stats and is 26 years old. Has to be attractive to the Jackets as a start. If Columbus truly wants picks and prospects there are many teams that would be able to put together a better offer than the Flames.

We arent going to get a chance for a guy like this again. It just doesn't happen.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:41 PM   #6070
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

It’s the year 2075, Calgary has finally got its new stadium, the Oilers, in an unprecedented move by the league, have been demoted to the AHL where they continue to struggle. And on the Calgary Puck forum, there is a thread that has gone off the rails and is discussing 2012 draft pick, Mark Jankowski.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VilleN For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 08:14 PM   #6071
Pickle Juice
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The reason we are all saying Monahan would be part of the package to get Dubois is the same reason he would not be part of the package from a flames stand point. We are in win now mode and I would argue getting rid of anyone that the jackets would like on our team would be a lateral move.

This move would involve picks from our stand point and would take some move to unload salary potentially through another club.

All these reasons in my opinion make it very unrealistic why are the ones taking the girl to the dance.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:27 PM   #6072
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Stone was never a rental. It was well documented that he wanted an extension when he was traded.

And yes, if Tkachuk was demanding a trade I would take that deal in a heartbeat and laugh endlessly at the GM dumb enough to give up 5 assets (4 of them being extremely valuable) for one player.

His value in a trade was as a rental.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2021, 09:26 PM   #6073
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

The package that makes sense for Dubois is Ryan/Lucic + insane futures (several firsts, good prospects).

Adding Dubois makes no sense if you’re subtracting big parts from the existing roster. Take the guy who would get pushed out of the lineup once Dubois is here and and a stupid level of futures. I don’t know what that is.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:33 PM   #6074
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

IMO Flames are still trying to build a contender, not in “one piece away” mode. Treliving shouldn’t be afraid of trading a core piece if the return is worth it. Losing Monahan for Dubois better positions the team for playoff success IMO. I’d give it a shot.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:36 PM   #6075
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post
The package that makes sense for Dubois is Ryan/Lucic + insane futures (several firsts, good prospects).

Adding Dubois makes no sense if you’re subtracting big parts from the existing roster. Take the guy who would get pushed out of the lineup once Dubois is here and and a stupid level of futures. I don’t know what that is.
That makes sense to who exactly? This isn't NHL21.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:38 PM   #6076
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegCityFlamesFan View Post
That makes sense to who exactly? This isn't NHL21.
Ryan + Lucic makes great sense to me lol
Old 01-19-2021, 09:47 PM   #6077
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hanifin + Dube + 21 1st + 22 2nd + Pelletier

for

PLD

Monahan - Dubois - Gaudreau
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Bennett - Backlund - Leivo
Lucic - Ryan - Simon
Nordstrom

Giordano - Andersson
Kylington - Tanev
Valimaki - Nesterov
Mackey

Markstrom
Rittich
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 09:51 PM   #6078
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally looking at that and it’s too rich IMO; is that close to what it will take? Less? More?
Old 01-19-2021, 10:02 PM   #6079
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
Hanifin + Dube + 21 1st + 22 2nd + Pelletier

for

PLD

Monahan - Dubois - Gaudreau
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Bennett - Backlund - Leivo
Lucic - Ryan - Simon
Nordstrom

Giordano - Andersson
Kylington - Tanev
Valimaki - Nesterov
Mackey

Markstrom
Rittich
What...What on earth... are you being serious?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 10:05 PM   #6080
Groot
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I may be the only one that thinks this, but I do not want PLD given what the asking price will be and his contract situation. Giving up 4+ top assets for him? Thats pure insanity to me. His best season is 0.74 PPG, he has positive advanced stats but started 60%+ in the ozone every year. Not saying he's not a great player, but people here are treating him like the next Crosby and I just don't see it.

Then there's also the fact that if we did have PLD, that means in 2022-2023 we would have to re-sign Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, PLD, and possibly Gio on 39.6 million projected cap, meaning we have to trade at least 1 away prior or have them likely walk for nothing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Groot For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread