Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2018, 02:21 AM   #1
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default The Pre Halloween Scary Video/pics Thread

With Halloween in less than 2 weeks, I figured a Scary Video/pics thread is needed

So for anyone still awake at this hour, you’ll still be kept awake

Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Never know what to make of videos like this. Fun to watch but unless there, have a very difficult time believing their authenticity.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:28 PM   #3
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Never know what to make of videos like this. Fun to watch but unless there, have a very difficult time believing their authenticity.
Yeah, you get the feeling some aren’t legit. But so is the rest of Halloween, it’s for fun

This one seems more outlandish

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 10:51 PM   #4
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #5
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #6
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

No videos of pics here, and not really scary either, but I'll share a personal story about one of each.

About 14 years ago, my brother and I took our (at the time) girlfriends to New Brunswick to meet the family. While there, we took them to a place called Rebecca's Grave. The legend of that place goes something like this:

A girl, who locals considered a witch, was hung and then buried at the base of the tree. Back then, people were afraid that a witch could potentially claw her way back to the top, so she was buried face down. They also doubled up on the paranoia by pouring a concrete slab on top of her grave. It's been a legend in NB for ages.

So, we took the girls there. And my brother and his girl posed for a picture on top of the concrete slab.

We took lots of pictures over the course of the week long trip. Beeches, Bay of Fundy, and lots with family and friends. This was before cell phone cameras though. We had a normal film style camera.

When we got home to Calgary, we developed the pictures. Every picture came out great with nothing being abnormal...except for that one picture we took on the grave. For that one, there was a large amount of a smokey haze behind the couple. It really tripped us out because all the other pictures were fine and there was nothing to explain the presence of the abnormality of the grave picture.

I know it doesn't help much without the picture. I know I still have it, somewhere, but just dont' know where. Someday I'll come back to this and post it, but just wanted to share that.

I had another weird experience in Thailand. We were filming some creepy religious dude preaching on Koh San Road and noticed a bunch of people, tourists and locals alike, staring at the sky. So I panned my camcorder and filmed. There were lights. Over a dozen, moving in the sky. The appeared to be very high. I initially though sky lanterns, but the idea was shut down by a few locals who assured me that what we were looking at were not lanterns.

The lights kept moving in very irregular patterns. Some clustered together and then moved apart. Some stayed away from the rest. It was very sporadic with no noticeable pattern and really messed up. I even sent it to a UFO expert but never did hear back from them so I gave up. But it's always stayed with me as far as weird experiences go.

I still have that video, but it was taken from a phone while the VHS played on a TV, so the quality sucks.

Anywho...those are two of my own trippy experiences.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:12 PM   #7
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

We had a weird experience when I was a kid growing up in Winnipeg. We lived in a older house in the suburbs. At the time it was my parents dream house.

My parents liked that weirdo style of art that you would find at a garage sale. They bought a picture of a little girl and hung it on the wall in my sisters room. One night one of my sisters started screaming and claiming that the little girl was watching her. The creepy thing is it was typical of one of those paintings where the eyes seemed to follow you.

My mom grew to hate that painting and one day she took it down and put it in the storage room in the basement.

One night and maybe my dad was trying to scare us. But he claimed he was asleep and he woke up and a little boy was standing at the foot of the bed just watching him. He thought it was me, so he got up to ask what was wrong and the little boy vanished so he got up to check on me and I was sleeping away. It creeped him out.

Then the end of the house came about 6 months later. My mom claimed to this day that she could never stay warm in the house. But they went out to a party at a neighbors place. It was the 70's so it was a late night affair. I remember my oldest sister was babysitting me and my other 2 sisters and at about 2 in the morning, she shook us awake and told us that the house was on fire, and she pushed open the bed room window and shoved us out and threw out puppy out the window and we waited for the fire fighters and our parents to get home.

The house pretty much burned to the ground. The fire started in the fuse box at the back of the basement storage room where the forgotten painting of the little girl was. Now you'd think I'd say, but the painting survived, but that would A be too dramatic for the story, and B be a uneeded fib.

Anyways we never went back to the house. My parents carted me and my sisters off to my grandma's place where I was then educated by the nuns at the catholic school for a year. My mom refused to even set foot on the lot and my bad sold it. She claimed that the house hated us. Not a ghost or a demon, but the house itself to her was a thing.

The funny thing is that I still remember that painting of that little girl with the big eyes and no smile and the plain black dress.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 08:20 PM   #8
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
No videos of pics here, and not really scary either, but I'll share a personal story about one of each.

About 14 years ago, my brother and I took our (at the time) girlfriends to New Brunswick to meet the family. While there, we took them to a place called Rebecca's Grave. The legend of that place goes something like this:

A girl, who locals considered a witch, was hung and then buried at the base of the tree. Back then, people were afraid that a witch could potentially claw her way back to the top, so she was buried face down. They also doubled up on the paranoia by pouring a concrete slab on top of her grave. It's been a legend in NB for ages.

So, we took the girls there. And my brother and his girl posed for a picture on top of the concrete slab.

We took lots of pictures over the course of the week long trip. Beeches, Bay of Fundy, and lots with family and friends. This was before cell phone cameras though. We had a normal film style camera.

When we got home to Calgary, we developed the pictures. Every picture came out great with nothing being abnormal...except for that one picture we took on the grave. For that one, there was a large amount of a smokey haze behind the couple. It really tripped us out because all the other pictures were fine and there was nothing to explain the presence of the abnormality of the grave picture.

I know it doesn't help much without the picture. I know I still have it, somewhere, but just dont' know where. Someday I'll come back to this and post it, but just wanted to share that.

I had another weird experience in Thailand. We were filming some creepy religious dude preaching on Koh San Road and noticed a bunch of people, tourists and locals alike, staring at the sky. So I panned my camcorder and filmed. There were lights. Over a dozen, moving in the sky. The appeared to be very high. I initially though sky lanterns, but the idea was shut down by a few locals who assured me that what we were looking at were not lanterns.

The lights kept moving in very irregular patterns. Some clustered together and then moved apart. Some stayed away from the rest. It was very sporadic with no noticeable pattern and really messed up. I even sent it to a UFO expert but never did hear back from them so I gave up. But it's always stayed with me as far as weird experiences go.

I still have that video, but it was taken from a phone while the VHS played on a TV, so the quality sucks.

Anywho...those are two of my own trippy experiences.

The urban legend of Rebecca's grave.

https://mynewbrunswick.ca/folklore/r...oncrete-grave/

Really interesting story, about Tuberculosis and the locals blaming a young girl of being a witch and hanging her and then burying her. The legend grew that she was buried face down so she would claw her way down and a concrete slab placed over her to keep her buried. Then you add in some sightings.

Sadly the truth is a bit less cool.

There was a local farm girl named Rebecca who died at the age of 16 of TB. Because she was buried on her family homeland when the land was sold the new owner found out that he was responsible for the grave. He poured concrete over her grave and those of her family to protect them from his farm equipment.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 10:52 PM   #9
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Prank or poltergeist? CCTV footage from Deerpark CBS, the oldest (and most haunted!!!!?) school on the south side of Cork City.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:47 AM   #10
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 01:51 AM   #11
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

When I was a high school kid there was an old dilapidated abandoned shack near where one of my friends lived.

We were pretty sure the Blair Witch lived there. So one night we threw a cinder block through it. Killed that witch real good.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:59 AM   #12
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

For anyone who heard of that Elisa Lam murder

Old 10-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #13
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Prank or poltergeist? CCTV footage from Deerpark CBS, the oldest (and most haunted!!!!?) school on the south side of Cork City.

Lots of comments calling this fake. CC cameras are usually positioned much higher so people don’t mess with them
Old 10-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #14
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

usually I don't believe in the door's slamming things flying around ones because its so easy to rig stuff like that.

Its tough when you truly debate whether you believe in ghosts, spooks, psychic events and UFO's because its gotten so easy to fake these things.

I have however seen things that almost make me believe. The stuff that happened in that house in Winnipeg was creepy to this day.

I've walked through a abandoned house that had a distinct cold spot.

I remember I was having lunch with my mom and one of my sister and an old man sat down in the food court, and me my sister and my mom both got the shivers just looking at him and my sister was convinced that he was pure malicious evil.

However if there are spirits caused by wrong full or horrific deaths and they were walking around knocking over cabinets and slamming doors there would be billions of incidents happening.

Old 10-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #15
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

I'm surprised the Buzzfeed unsolved series didn't make this thread

TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheyCallMeBruce For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 01:08 PM   #16
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
I'm surprised the Buzzfeed unsolved series didn't make this thread
If you like this kind of creepy content, check out channels like..

Rob Dyke
Chills
Cayleigh Elise

They all do a far better job than BuzzFeed on a tenth of the budget or less.

And as an added bonus, you dont have to give BuzzFeed a click!
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #17
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
If you like this kind of creepy content, check out channels like..

Rob Dyke
Chills
Cayleigh Elise

They all do a far better job than BuzzFeed on a tenth of the budget or less.

And as an added bonus, you dont have to give BuzzFeed a click!
Aside from the whole "buzzfeed is a sweatshop". I get it, they don't treat their content makers very fairly. But the unsolved series is actually pretty good and has made Ryan and Shane's career. FYI, I don't support any of their other content, just this one.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:44 PM   #18
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I can watch a scary vid but I can’t seem to bring myself to checking out this location some redditor posted in r/scary

Anyone want to check it out for me? lol

52°28'47.1"N 62°11'08.4"E
Old 10-22-2018, 11:51 PM   #19
Slacker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
So I can watch a scary vid but I can’t seem to bring myself to checking out this location some redditor posted in r/scary

Anyone want to check it out for me? lol

52°28'47.1"N 62°11'08.4"E
Spoiler!
Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slacker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #20
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post: