Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2024, 11:45 AM   #6821
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIP MAN View Post
The Bucks and Punk should have had their hand forced to make this into an angle. Given time, it probably would have happened. But this was the second time a backstage issue happened for Punk. Too bad, could have been such a great angle.
By all accounts, Punk tried. The Bucks were the hold up, which is what we were talking about.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 03:39 PM   #6822
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

and now Punk has taken pretty much the same angle and spun it into gold with Drew... and soon to be Rollins. Part of me wonders if he did it on purpose to get out of that contract. It's obviously he was unhappy in AEW for some time, but Tony held up his contract and refused to let Punk leave.

So perhaps Punk forced his hand? I wonder if he's being paid more in WWE than he was in AEW?
trackercowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:06 PM   #6823
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sad news about Big E as his neck hasn't fully healed or formed bone around the injury and he's admitted that its unlikely that he'll wrestle again.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:16 PM   #6824
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post

So perhaps Punk forced his hand? I wonder if he's being paid more in WWE than he was in AEW?

Remember, by Punk's account he quit. According to the Helwani interview, he went to Khan before this and asked Khan to deal with it otherwise Punk would and Khan would not like how he dealt with it. Khan said no, so Punk did as he said he would which also included him turning to Khan, calling him a clown and saying he was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Sad news about Big E as his neck hasn't fully healed or formed bone around the injury and he's admitted that its unlikely that he'll wrestle again.

After Paige and Copeland came back, I'll never say never. I didn't expect it to be any time soon though.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:21 AM   #6825
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Well this is kinda neat.

Erick Rowan rumored to be returning to WWE.

Why?

Rowan just cancelled an indy date citing a new contractual obligation which would prevent him from attending the Indy show.

What indy show? This Saturday's East Coast Pro Wrestling show that I'm working.

Sucks that he won't be there, kinda cool seeing our little promotions in all the dirt sheets!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2024, 09:27 AM   #6826
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's this which leads people to believe that maybe Bo Dallas, Alexa Bliss, Rowan, and Braun are going form a new Wyatt Family.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1779557383515095290
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:30 AM   #6827
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Please no. Let this go.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:32 AM   #6828
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of tiny promotions the Indie God Matt Cardona is coming to Dungeon Wrestling in Calagry June 21st
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2024, 09:37 AM   #6829
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'd rather they didn't. Remember that as cool of a concept as the fiend, funhouse, etc was, it wasn't something that was seem as awesome.

The last think I want to see is them bringing this back and having it fall flat because guys like Bo Dallas just frankly aren't Bray Wyatt.

And I love Alexa Bliss, I think she's very creative and really smart, but there has to be a different vehicle to bring her back.

Old 04-15-2024, 09:41 AM   #6830
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Bo Dallas wants to give it a shot then I think you give it a shot. If only out of respect to Bray Wyatt and the family as a whole.

Probably won't amount to much more than a mid-card faction that fueds with the LWO, Final Testament, The Pride, etc.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 10:17 AM   #6831
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

A mystical monster angle is a classic, seeing as how the scary foreigner is kind of lost to time, I don't mind they try and keep this angle alive.
Old 04-15-2024, 11:32 AM   #6832
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
If Bo Dallas wants to give it a shot then I think you give it a shot. If only out of respect to Bray Wyatt and the family as a whole.

Probably won't amount to much more than a mid-card faction that fueds with the LWO, Final Testament, The Pride, etc.
Maybe Irwin R Schyster is going to be the leader? He totally should be the leader.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 11:39 AM   #6833
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Maybe Irwin R Schyster is going to be the leader? He totally should be the leader.
If during a new Wyatt Family promo they randomly flash a really quick clip of Irwin R. Schyster (IRS) saying 'PAY YOUR TAXES', I would 100% be on board with this angle.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 12:51 PM   #6834
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Wyatt/The Fiend stuff ran its course, especially the final feud with Orton was too hammy for my liking. Maybe with Triple H fully in charge of booking it can be done better? They obviously would love another "Takeresuqe" character to work with, but I agree with those who are hesitant about bringing back this kind of gimmick while things are becoming more realistic (professional wrestling over sports entertainment) again.

I know they want to give Bo Dallas a program, and Braun Strowman is firmly an upper midcarder at this point. I would prefer they made them into a tag team if anything. I worry having another stable would make them a focal point of the show. Having an Uncle Howdy vs. Cody Rhodes or Seth Rollins feud comes off as a joke (a disaster waiting to happen). Alexa should revert to her original gimmick, don't stick her back with the spooky stuff, unless she's firmly only a valet at this point?
trackercowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 01:28 PM   #6835
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1779938353393139956

Word is Rhea got injured last week and might have to vacate the title ....
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 06:20 PM   #6836
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I totally should have mentioned:

If you want to fly in Friday and back out Sunday, you're looking at $2,000 round trip from Calgary. About $400 for hotels.

But you'd get to see the premier indy wrestling event of the year!

I updated the poster for Saturday's event myself. I had to take Erick Rowan off

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2024, 09:00 PM   #6837
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Zayne Gable match was wild.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2024, 02:20 PM   #6838
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
I think Wyatt/The Fiend stuff ran its course, especially the final feud with Orton was too hammy for my liking. Maybe with Triple H fully in charge of booking it can be done better? They obviously would love another "Takeresuqe" character to work with, but I agree with those who are hesitant about bringing back this kind of gimmick while things are becoming more realistic (professional wrestling over sports entertainment) again.

I know they want to give Bo Dallas a program, and Braun Strowman is firmly an upper midcarder at this point. I would prefer they made them into a tag team if anything. I worry having another stable would make them a focal point of the show. Having an Uncle Howdy vs. Cody Rhodes or Seth Rollins feud comes off as a joke (a disaster waiting to happen). Alexa should revert to her original gimmick, don't stick her back with the spooky stuff, unless she's firmly only a valet at this point?
Alexa Bliss is due back soon as well and I fully anticipate her using the gimmick too.
Old 04-16-2024, 02:33 PM   #6839
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think they one thing they should do is just go back to more the normal Wyatt Family stuff.

Less firefly funhouse and Fiend/Uncle Howdy weird mask stuff.

More just a weird cult of "Wyatt Followers"...make that that Bray and Luke became even more powerful in death and these crazy followers still follow him.

Bo Dallas = Leader (Sometimes gets forgotten that Bo was pretty well regarded back in the FCW/NXT days)
Braun/Rowan = Tag Team
Alexa = Women's Division

That feels like a decent mid-card faction that could play in the Intercontinental / US Title space, as well as the tag team division.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2024, 02:44 PM   #6840
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Honestly I loved the Bray Wyatt Southern cult leading preacher with a rocking chair gimmick.

But honestly, what made it special was that Bray not only embodied it, but he could do those sermons. I think that's rare, and if Bo can't pull it off its going to go over like a wet fart in church. I can't think of anyone that can pull that off.

I mean the most natural speaker in that group Matt, would be Alexa who can dominate on the mic, but can she make the crazy leaps that Bray did? I don't know.