Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-06-2022, 08:06 PM   #1321
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone had Pfizer x3 and then Bivalent Moderna? Getting my Moderna on Friday night and wondering how much it will kick me.
vegasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:51 PM   #1322
Ferarri
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasbound View Post
Anyone had Pfizer x3 and then Bivalent Moderna? Getting my Moderna on Friday night and wondering how much it will kick me.
I’m in the same position. Hearing about similar experiences would be appreciated.
Ferarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:59 AM   #1323
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good news for everyone that wants the Pfizer bivalent vaccine, it has been approved by Health Canada. I haven't heard anything about when it will actually be available or what the distribution will be like.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:57 AM   #1324
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
My first set of shots were Pfizer, then boosted with Moderna including the bivalent Moderna booster I got on Tuesday. I felt light headed that night with some shoulder pain for a few days but today I feel fine. But my wife feels slightly worse overall. The shots always effect her a little worse than me.

My son got his shot yesterday and he doesn’t feel well today. He also doesn’t take the shots very well. Right now he feels nauseous.

Last edited by Drak; 10-07-2022 at 06:35 PM.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 10:25 AM   #1325
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Good news for everyone that wants the Pfizer bivalent vaccine, it has been approved by Health Canada. I haven't heard anything about when it will actually be available or what the distribution will be like.
Yeah, HC approval is all well and good until we remember the provinces are still in charge of distribution, and they've historically done just a splendid job of that.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 02:50 PM   #1326
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure about AB, but BC is expecting to have the bivalent Pfizer available for people next week.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:43 AM   #1327
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Not sure about AB, but BC is expecting to have the bivalent Pfizer available for people next week.
Bad timing for our family. We all got the Moderna bivalent last week.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 10:47 AM   #1328
Guest1

I will not be getting another shot.

For the past 2 years, I was a good little soldier and did what everyone told me to do. Stay at home, wash your hands, no vacations, no sports, no friends, no work, no swimming, get your shots, don’t go to the doctor if you’re sick….
In September 2021, I received my third shot (first 2 shots AZ and then the Phizer). Within weeks I developed an auto immune disease (Graves disease/hyperthyroidism) and also developed PVC’s (extra random heart beats). And to top it all off, I am menopausal (which I think was expedited by the Graves’ disease) Symptoms that I have/had is long….This past year has been hell with diagnosing and treating everything.
2 weeks ago I caught a cold from the kidlet and I am struggling to get better because my thyroid medications lower my WBC. I’m sick of being sick and rightfully am afraid of getting sicker. I feel like I’m in a huge life-sized Catch 22

I know vaccines aren’t just for me, they are protecting everyone… but I have to do what I fell is right for me. Looking back, I wish I hadn’t taken the 3rd shot. But I won’t “should” myself. All I can do is focus on myself and my family (PS: browna needs to be awarded Husband of the Year for supporting me through this)

I just thought I would share my story in case there are others that feel like they are in the same boat. You are not alone <3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2022, 06:36 AM   #1329
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

^ we are absolutely in the “take the vaccine if you want, for your own health. Nobody elses” stage. No one should feel pressure, our office doesn’t care at all (and they used to), planes don’t care, etc.

Get it or don’t. But no one cares if you don’t. Like actually, nobody.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 09:15 AM   #1330
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I had Moderna x3 and then bivalent Pfizer. It had zero effect on me, might as well have been sugar water.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:02 AM   #1331
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I realize my response is late now but this was my combo and basically just sore arm
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 08:25 AM   #1332
Nancy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I had: AZ, Pfizer, Pfizer and then Moderna Bivalent earlier this week. This was the first time I had side effects, I was fatigued the day following and felt slightly feverish, but Tylenol took care of the majority of both of those effects. Arm soreness was about the same as previous shots.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 02:30 PM   #1333
FiveSeven
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If you're not actually aware of the new studies coming out. Along with exposing the bull####, these are worth a watch. Especially if you're younger and healthy...

Old 10-16-2022, 04:16 PM   #1334
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
I will not be getting another shot.

For the past 2 years, I was a good little soldier and did what everyone told me to do. Stay at home, wash your hands, no vacations, no sports, no friends, no work, no swimming, get your shots, don’t go to the doctor if you’re sick….
In September 2021, I received my third shot (first 2 shots AZ and then the Phizer). Within weeks I developed an auto immune disease (Graves disease/hyperthyroidism) and also developed PVC’s (extra random heart beats). And to top it all off, I am menopausal (which I think was expedited by the Graves’ disease) Symptoms that I have/had is long….This past year has been hell with diagnosing and treating everything.
2 weeks ago I caught a cold from the kidlet and I am struggling to get better because my thyroid medications lower my WBC. I’m sick of being sick and rightfully am afraid of getting sicker. I feel like I’m in a huge life-sized Catch 22

I know vaccines aren’t just for me, they are protecting everyone… but I have to do what I fell is right for me. Looking back, I wish I hadn’t taken the 3rd shot. But I won’t “should” myself. All I can do is focus on myself and my family (PS: browna needs to be awarded Husband of the Year for supporting me through this)

I just thought I would share my story in case there are others that feel like they are in the same boat. You are not alone <3
What makes you think those things are related to the vaccines as opposed to just what would have happened whether you never took the vaccines? All of those issues you are dealing with existed in the world prior to the covid vaccines.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:29 PM   #1335
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Started swimming again in August the summer, I don't know why you didn't for two years, that's your fault.

Thanks for washing your hands though, we're all in this together.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 10:46 PM   #1336
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post
If you're not actually aware of the new studies coming out. Along with exposing the bull####, these are worth a watch. Especially if you're younger and healthy...
Just in case anyone doesn't want to watch 6 hours of YouTube grifters, here is some data out of the UK (which for some reason retired nurse John Campbell didn't bother including in his excess death video) since the start of the vaccine rollout:

Age standardized all-cause mortality per 100K person-years:

Unvaccinated: 2337.5
Ever vaccinated: 957.4

So in terms of all-cause mortality, unvaccinated people have been dying at about 2.5x the rate that vaccinated people have. Granted, that doesn't necessarily mean that the vaccines are safe, but it pretty clearly illustrates for any excess deaths that are still occurring, the unvaccinated are still experiencing a disproportionate burden. And if you look at the monthly data, it's still occurring every month up to the most recent data, so that number isn't an artifact from a different point in the pandemic. People who have never been vaccinated are still dying at a higher rate. On the other hand, the group with the consistently lowest rate of all-cause mortality is the group with 3 doses.

But again, that doesn't necessarily mean the vaccines are safe. It's certainly plausible that vaccines could cause excess deaths, but that their benefit for protecting against COVID outweighs that (though the logical conclusion from that would still be to get vaccinated). So to avoid the benefit of COVID protection, we can look only at non-COVID deaths:

Unvaccinated: 1474.3
Ever vaccinated: 892.9

So unvaccinated people have been dying at a 77% higher rate for causes other than COVID compared to vaccinated people. So again, the excess death burden (when excluding COVID) is basically entirely borne by people who've never been vaccinated; and much like all-cause data, that effect is still seen in the latest data and the group with the lowest non-COVID mortality rate is the 3 dose group. So that points to two things likely happening:

1) COVID deaths are getting missed, and the vaccinated (who have protection against COVID) are being protected against those deaths which are being classified incorrectly.

2) Unvaccinated people, who have been more likely to have severe disease, are experiencing a higher rate of long-term health complications after having COVID and are eventually dying at a higher rate because of it. Which is backed by other data, which has shown people who have severe disease are far more likely to die in the next year than those who had milder disease or who weren't infected.

So yeah, zero evidence that vaccines are causing any real harm; the group with the most doses has the lowest death rate and the group with the fewest doses has the highest.

To be fair, they are less well tolerated than many other vaccines. So for previously vaccinated younger people or those who've had a breakthrough infection relatively recently, then a further dose right now might not be super beneficial. That's why many European countries are focused on the 50+ population and the never-vaccinated population. But in the aggregate, vaccination has a significant harm reduction effect that is indisputable based on the data.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 11:03 PM   #1337
ikaris
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Just in case anyone doesn't want to watch 6 hours of YouTube grifters, here is some data out of the UK (which for some reason retired nurse John Campbell didn't bother including in his excess death video) since the start of the vaccine rollout:

Age standardized all-cause mortality per 100K person-years:

Unvaccinated: 2337.5
Ever vaccinated: 957.4

So in terms of all-cause mortality, unvaccinated people have been dying at about 2.5x the rate that vaccinated people have. Granted, that doesn't necessarily mean that the vaccines are safe, but it pretty clearly illustrates for any excess deaths that are still occurring, the unvaccinated are still experiencing a disproportionate burden. And if you look at the monthly data, it's still occurring every month up to the most recent data, so that number isn't an artifact from a different point in the pandemic. People who have never been vaccinated are still dying at a higher rate. On the other hand, the group with the consistently lowest rate of all-cause mortality is the group with 3 doses.

But again, that doesn't necessarily mean the vaccines are safe. It's certainly plausible that vaccines could cause excess deaths, but that their benefit for protecting against COVID outweighs that (though the logical conclusion from that would still be to get vaccinated). So to avoid the benefit of COVID protection, we can look only at non-COVID deaths:

Unvaccinated: 1474.3
Ever vaccinated: 892.9

So unvaccinated people have been dying at a 77% higher rate for causes other than COVID compared to vaccinated people. So again, the excess death burden (when excluding COVID) is basically entirely borne by people who've never been vaccinated; and much like all-cause data, that effect is still seen in the latest data and the group with the lowest non-COVID mortality rate is the 3 dose group. So that points to two things likely happening:

1) COVID deaths are getting missed, and the vaccinated (who have protection against COVID) are being protected against those deaths which are being classified incorrectly.

2) Unvaccinated people, who have been more likely to have severe disease, are experiencing a higher rate of long-term health complications after having COVID and are eventually dying at a higher rate because of it. Which is backed by other data, which has shown people who have severe disease are far more likely to die in the next year than those who had milder disease or who weren't infected.

So yeah, zero evidence that vaccines are causing any real harm; the group with the most doses has the lowest death rate and the group with the fewest doses has the highest.

To be fair, they are less well tolerated than many other vaccines. So for previously vaccinated younger people or those who've had a breakthrough infection relatively recently, then a further dose right now might not be super beneficial. That's why many European countries are focused on the 50+ population and the never-vaccinated population. But in the aggregate, vaccination has a significant harm reduction effect that is indisputable based on the data.

Can you breakout excess deaths comparing unvaccinated and vaccinated per age group?
ikaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:36 AM   #1338
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

[YouTube Videos]
The only person exposing bull#### is you by posting those bull#### videos here. Get an iota of critical thinking about you, ####ing please.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2022, 09:45 AM   #1339
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Especially if you're younger and healthy...
Seek help for your learning disability.... 2.5 years later and people are still so dense about vaccines.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Yeller For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2022, 11:18 AM   #1340
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaris View Post
Can you breakout excess deaths comparing unvaccinated and vaccinated per age group?
They don't have data specifically about excess deaths, but they do have all-cause mortality by age group per 100K person years. So among UK adults under 60:

All-cause mortality unvaccinated vs. vaccinated per 100K person years:

20-24: 24.7 vs 22.3 (10.7% higher)
25-29: 37.8 vs. 30.5 (23.9% higher)
30-34: 54.3 vs 46.1 (17.8% higher)
35-39: 84.4 vs 65.6 (28.7% higher)
40-44: 131.5 vs 103.4 (27.2% higher)
45-49: 252.2 vs 166.4 (51.5% higher)
50-54: 457.7 vs 258.4 (77% higher)
55-59: 703.9 vs 408.9 (72% higher)

So as you get into the older groups, the effect becomes more pronounced. But still, in every single age band there is a significant reduction in all-cause mortality. And there is also a reduction in non-COVID mortality in every age band. And like the overall data, the groups with 3 doses in each age band have a significantly lower mortality rate than average. So if vaccines were somehow driving excess mortality (as many of the grifters like to either explicitly or implicitly suggest), then you would expect the unvaccinated to have significantly lower mortality rates, but they don't. And even if you just isolate the last few months of data, prior to which basically every unvaccinated person got "natural immunity", it's still the people with 3 doses who have the lowest all-cause mortality rate.

And that doesn't even get into the fact that the demographics of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated aren't necessarily comparable. The vaccinated group (and particularly those with 3 doses) will tend to be more vulnerable than the unvaccinated group, particularly in the younger ages. So all other things being equal, you'd expect that cohort to have a naturally higher mortality rate within each age band.

Last edited by opendoor; 10-17-2022 at 11:22 AM.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post: