Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default Kanye West failed faith healer

Stops his concert because a guy with an artificial leg and a guy in a wheelchair refuse to stand during one of his concerts

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ear...elchair-732702
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man Kanye ticks me off so much. He's everything wrong with celebrity.

You're not a freaking god man, you're an entertainer. And whether or not people find you entertaining is up to them. You should be down bowing to them for spending ridiculous dough to see you talk fast around a stage.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
CubicleGeek
Scoring Winger

Exp:

How does a guy in a wheelchair stand?
CubicleGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #4
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is clearly on the lazy Aussie

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Dee Snyder did the exact same thing
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Now he's ranting that the media is picking on him and that he's a married Christian man.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #7
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

His problem is he cares way too much about what people think. It was kind of an honest mistake, a stupid one but still. He should stop being so defensive and relax a lot, kind of like how Phil Kessel keeps his cool despite the heckling he receives. They ridiculed him publicly at the All-Star Draft and he shrugged it off and said he was happy to be there, that mentality would help Kanye. Apologize sincerely, say it was a dumb mistake and move on.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #8
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

What a gay fish
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #9
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
His problem is he cares way too much about what people think...

Apologize sincerely, say it was a dumb mistake and move on.
His problem isn't caring what people think, its that he's not capable of the 2nd part of your quote.

Last edited by Winsor_Pilates; 09-17-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #10
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

His fanboys will find a way to defend him.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:28 AM   #11
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I love Kanye West and every dumb ass thing he does only makes me love him more.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #12
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

What an #######
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #13
East Coast Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

"No, Kanye West didn’t demand a wheelchair-bound man stand up at his show — watch"

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...is-show-watch/

So if you actually watched the video, he asks everyone to stand up, asks why two people aren't standing - they say they are in a wheelchair, Kanye says cool and continues on with the show.

Awesome job everyone
East Coast Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to East Coast Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #14
Arya Stark
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'd rather be in a wheelchair than being subjected to his awful music.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arya Stark For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'll just straight up say it, I'm a Kanye West fan. But he really needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt that rivals the size of his huge ego.

It's Newton's Third Law, for every genius piece of work he releases, he engages in an equally stupid action, typically within the public eye.

Is he a conceded cry baby, with poor reasoning skills and narcissistic tendencies? Absolutely.

But he's also a musical genius who constantly hits you with left turns that seemly come out of nowhere, and he raises the bar overall in the process.

Just my two cents on the matter, love Kanye West the musician, don't care for Kanye West the public persona.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Regular_John For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #16
Arya Stark
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Not dissing your musical taste but how is he a musical genius? Half the time it sounds like he's singing through a straw or just talking.

Not sure how "This that what we do, don't tell your mom ####
This that red cup, all on the lawn ####, Got a fresh cut, straight out the salon, bitch" is musical genius.

IMO he is what is wrong with music these days.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arya Stark For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #17
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

My question is how a no talent hack like that can draw more than a few hundred fans to hear him live as he has the talent of an average karaoke rapper and that's with digital enhancement. Without it he's a complete embarrassment.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #18
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let's face it -- Musical "geniuses" are either self proclaimed, or packaged and sold these days. Musical genius has become a marketing term. I think I've heard people describe Drake and Lil Wayne as musical geniuses at points as well. But honestly, if you have to tell me you're a musical genius, it most likely means you aren't one.

I've had this discussion with friends, Kanye is fine, there is talent there -- but I just see him as a chartoon character, he's obsessed with his own fame and god complex, and that makes it hard for him to tap into any real insight with his music and lyrics. To me musical geniuses tap into something vital about the human experience -- I don't really get that from Kanye. I'm no expert on rap, but I think Tupac was far more a genius than Kanye has ever been, at least in the rap genre. There was something undeniably real with that guy, including all his flaws. With Kanye I still feel like I'm being sold something, from what I've listened to.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igottago For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #19
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
Let's face it -- Musical "geniuses" are either self proclaimed, or packaged and sold these days. Musical genius has become a marketing term. I think I've heard people describe Drake and Lil Wayne as musical geniuses at points as well. But honestly, if you have to tell me you're a musical genius, it most likely means you aren't one.

I've had this discussion with friends, Kanye is fine, there is talent there -- but I just see him as a chartoon character, he's obsessed with his own fame and god complex, and that makes it hard for him to tap into any real insight with his music and lyrics. To me musical geniuses tap into something vital about the human experience -- I don't really get that from Kanye. I'm no expert on rap, but I think Tupac was far more a genius than Kanye has ever been, at least in the rap genre. There was something undeniably real with that guy, including all his flaws. With Kanye I still feel like I'm being sold something, from what I've listened to.
Honestly when I first started listening to his albums I thought exactly the same. "This guy's such a goof, who raps about these things?". His cornball lyrics were what initially caught my attention, most for humorous effect.

But on subsequent listens it was the passages and builds the songs went through that really caught my ear and kept me coming back. His albums are just densely packed with different melodies & passages that a single song will end up sounding closer to three different songs.

You know Layla by Derek and the Dominos switches gears about 1/2 way through? Most his tracks are like that, except split into 1/3rds, 1/4ths, or even 1/5ths. No recycling of the common verse/course/verse structure.

I could blow hot air all day about this really, but I guess I just find his approach refreshing and unique. I'd put it on par with St. Vincent in terms of a twisted/angular approach.

But I also listen to a lot of Ministry/Industrial music circa '89-'92, so my definition of "genius" is questionable at best.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #20
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

I agree with you that hes a talented guy and i can listen to his music any time, i think he makes some pretty great songs. Yes, he's a ###### and annoying but I don't need to hang out with him, I just listen to his songs

Kanye West is definitely an ass but this story isnt really an example of it. In the video hes doing what most arists do at their shows, asking the crowd to stand up, and he says he'll notice anyone who doesn't. He spots two people not standing, calls them out, finds out they're in a wheelchair/incapable of standing and then just continues the show

Irs an awkward moment, not insensitive in any way
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote