Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #6041
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
1) Trudeau (An idiot that couldn't run a carwash)
2) Trump (Comedy act that could be dangerous worldwide)
3) Nenshi (had enough of him and his wasteful spending)
4) Notley (could care less, they're all the same anyway, Klein was the last P with balls and Notley can't even pretend to have any)
I'm not going to debate Klein vs Notley, but I think even her biggest critics would admit she isn't afraid to do what she believes is right, it's not as if there's been a shortage of opposition to most of her policies. Just seems like an odd thing to criticize her on.
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #6042
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Hahahaha, you can't make this stuff up. Didn't quite make it 13 hours

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded and safe
5:50 AM - 9 Jul 2017

The fact that President Putin and I discussed a Cyber Security unit doesn't mean I think it can happen. It can't-but a ceasefire can,& did!
6:45 PM - 9 Jul 2017
Old 07-09-2017, 07:00 PM   #6043
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Just seems like an odd thing to criticize her on.
Well, to be fair though, he did say he could care less.
The Following User Says Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #6044
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Trump Jr, Kushner and Manafort were part of the campaign. couldn't this be treason?
I doubt it by itself is even illegal. Getting opposition research happens all the time.

But lying about meeting with a Russian after the fact might be if it's to Congress or the FBI. It might also count as a foreign campaign contribution depending on who's paying for what. Probably other things.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #6045
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
1) Trudeau (An idiot that couldn't run a carwash)
2) Trump (Comedy act that could be dangerous worldwide)
3) Nenshi (had enough of him and his wasteful spending)
4) Notley (could care less, they're all the same anyway, Klein was the last P with balls and Notley can't even pretend to have any)
Canadians are damn lucky to have Trudeau representing them. Damn lucky. I known Albertans are butt hurt over energy policy, but you had decades to figure this #### out and diversify the economy. Don't blame Trudeau, who has to look after the whole country, blame youselves for not being forward thinking. I will always love Alberta, but sweet baby Jesus, recognize when the world is changing and when opportunity is knocking to take advantage of that opportunity. There has been more money in Alberta than anywhere but Silicon Valley, and Alberta has done nothing with it. Don't blame the Feds, blame yourselves.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #6046
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/statu...78237767704576

Australia's ABC with a scathing report on Trump at the G20.

That dude just perfectly summed up how the entire world currently views Trump's America. Absolutely spot-on.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #6047
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgar View Post
Trump in the USA
Notley in Alberta
Nenshi in Calgary
Trudeau in Canada

Rank how you feel about these folks:

Mine:

Trump (despise)
Notley (dangerous, mostly incompetent but likeable, get her out asap)
Trudeau (neutral, slightly negative, could be worse)
Nenshi (neutral, slightly positive, starting to overstay his welcome)
That's an odd list of people to rank. It's like your trying to imply that because Trump is terrible all these leaders are terrible.

Trump - dangerously incompetent powered by a Party that is actively trying to make the rich richer at the expense of people's lives

Notley - run of the mill incompetent. (Paying people to change light bulbs) but not as bad as people think.

Trudeau - Solid ally for Alberta Oil, his speeches give Alberta the political cover to enact a carbon tax that barely touches the industry and approve pipelines, needs to cut spending though.

Nenshi - Policy wise I agree with most of what he does. He needs to shut up though when he's wrong. Solidly back his method of negotiating with the flames.

With Speer for the cons seeming like an idiot it will be tough to vote against Trudeau in the next election. Chabot is not an alternative for Nenshi, and you just know the wild rose are going to screw up the unification vote. So in the case of 3 of the 4 the alternatives are not better right now.

With Trump anyone or anything is better.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:54 PM   #6048
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Aussies have been on a role ripping into Trump:

Ivanka Trump sits in for Air Force One pilot on return flight home from G20

Quote:
Though she does not have a type rating on the 747 aircraft or even a pilot’s licence, her position and relationship with the President overrode that. If the President says she can fly the plane, she can fly the plane
Old 07-09-2017, 09:17 PM   #6049
photon

Exp:

Man the people around Trump must get frustrated. Nikki Haley supported Trump's cyber security unit with Russia. Mnuchin called it a "significant accomplishment" and "very important step forward."

Later that day, yoink.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:18 PM   #6050
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Why the hell is there a rank the politians angle going on in here right now. It is 100% not relevant to this thread.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 09:49 PM   #6051
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
The thing Is they aren't against any of Trumps domestic policy they just don't want Trump embarrassing them with his foreign policy.

Is there a vote that any of them have made that in vacuum Rubio or McCain should vote against
Well, healthcare is something McCain should want to stay intact; the challenge is that the reality of the trumpcare/ryancare plan is that it will gut a lot of things like medicaid - while they dress it up as something else, the end results are the same.

additionally, the firing of 46 US attorneys 3 months ago, and only one has been replaced? the appointments of unqualified individuals like a deVos? Puzder and Pruitt spent their professional lives fighting against the very agencies they were appointed to lead in Labor and EPA... Hell Perry replaced a nuclear physicist as the Secretary of Energy, the very agency he sought to eliminate...

And those are just the things off the top of my head... mccain was always viewed as someone that was moderate and pretty reasonable... now he's just parroting the GOP slappies...

He just said today on face the nation that Obamacare was "rammed through?!" If that's his assessment, then what Trump/Ryan care is doing is 1000x times worse....

Hey, maybe I am wrong, and he is a GOP shill... i just thought he was one of the few that would stand up on principal
Old 07-09-2017, 10:23 PM   #6052
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Hahahaha, you can't make this stuff up. Didn't quite make it 13 hours

Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded and safe
5:50 AM - 9 Jul 2017

The fact that President Putin and I discussed a Cyber Security unit doesn't mean I think it can happen. It can't-but a ceasefire can,& did!
6:45 PM - 9 Jul 2017
Old 07-10-2017, 05:29 AM   #6053
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

It makes my day that Donald Jr and his smug ugly face has been caught in a big lie and has admitted now collusion with a Russian lawyer which he and top campaign officials met with in hopes of getting dirt on Hillary.

He initially said it was about Russian adoption, but a day later he has changed his story to that he was told this lawyer had damaging info on Hillary. I cannot wait for Robert Mueller to put his gaze on this spoiled idiot man boy

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/u...-manafort.html

Quote:
President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign, according to three advisers to the White House briefed on the meeting and two others with knowledge of it.

The meeting was also attended by his campaign chairman at the time, Paul J. Manafort, and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Mr. Manafort and Mr. Kushner recently disclosed the meeting, though not its content, in confidential government documents described to The New York Times.

The Times reported the existence of the meeting on Saturday. But in subsequent interviews, the advisers and others revealed the motivation behind it.

The meeting — at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016, two weeks after Donald J. Trump clinched the Republican nomination — points to the central question in federal investigations of the Kremlin’s meddling in the presidential election: whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians. The accounts of the meeting represent the first public indication that at least some in the campaign were willing to accept Russian help.

While President Trump has been dogged by revelations of undisclosed meetings between his associates and the Russians, the episode at Trump Tower is the first such confirmed private meeting involving his inner circle during the campaign — as well as the first one known to have included his eldest son. It came at an inflection point in the campaign, when Donald Trump Jr., who served as an adviser and a surrogate, was ascendant and Mr. Manafort was consolidating power.

It is unclear whether the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, actually produced the promised compromising information about Mrs. Clinton. But the people interviewed by The Times about the meeting said the expectation was that she would do so.

When he was first asked about the meeting on Saturday, Donald Trump Jr. said that it was primarily about adoptions and mentioned nothing about Mrs. Clinton.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:39 AM   #6054
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

My son just royally ####ed up, let's see if I can distract enough to make people move on!

Old 07-10-2017, 06:46 AM   #6055
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty sure that Kellyanne segment on CNN was supposed to be 10 minutes, ended up being 30 and she might have taken it to a new level of Kellyanne-ness. Obviously the Trump team will be out in force today to create as many distractions as possible.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:29 AM   #6056
wireframe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don't think any of this Russian collusion stuff is going to matter. Don't get me wrong. I hate that Trump is president down there and I think colluding with a foreign power to win an election is wrong. But I just don't think it will make a difference.

Even when it eventually comes out that the people in the campaign knew that Putin was pulling the strings, the GOP is going to Wrigley out of it. In the end, nothing matters unless Paul Ryan and McConnell somehow grow balls and stand up for integrity. And I juts don't see that happening.
The Following User Says Thank You to wireframe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2017, 07:36 AM   #6057
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep as far as impeachment goes it's whether or not they will win their house seats or get primaried that will determine the outcome. I think Ryan is waiting until he can get Pence and Trump at the same time.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:02 AM   #6058
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I honestly think the GOP will hold both the House and Senate next year, and Trump will likely win a second term as well. The press and left have ignored the anti-abortion/pro-life vote to an embarrassing extent. These guys can take away health care, lie about creating better jobs, destroy the environment, be in Russia's pocket, it just doesn't matter.. Evangelicals are truly the worst group of voters in history. Terrible, terrible priorities.
The Following User Says Thank You to HotHotHeat For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2017, 08:28 AM   #6059
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHotHeat View Post
I honestly think the GOP will hold both the House and Senate next year, and Trump will likely win a second term as well. The press and left have ignored the anti-abortion/pro-life vote to an embarrassing extent. These guys can take away health care, lie about creating better jobs, destroy the environment, be in Russia's pocket, it just doesn't matter.. Evangelicals are truly the worst group of voters in history. Terrible, terrible priorities.
I don't get this, what do you think they should do? change their position to pander to evangelicals for votes?
Old 07-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #6060
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

More just that it isn't discussed as a motivating factor for such as large group of voters. These people didn't vote Trump for any other reason.
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms