Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #121
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm reading Republic of Wine right now and would say it is outstanding. Just how cutting it is wouldn't stand out unless you've experienced a lot of China, but I am blown away by how good this book is so far as a cultural critique.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #122
BigBrodieFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been home for the past two weeks with some broken ribs so I went on a reading tear, which certainly was fun but I will be glad to go back to work Monday. I read 'The Art of Fielding' by Chad Harbach (one of the best I've ever read, great book for anyone who is sports minded, it's fiction), 'Banished' by Lauren Drain which was the story of a person who got out of the nutcase Westboro Baptist Church, but the book wasn't great, 'Beyond Belief' by Jenna Hill, which is the story of a girl going through the life of a scientologist and I found that fascinating- those people are truly whack jobs, The Brethren by Grisham (typical Grisham), and finally another fantastic read 'Tell the Wolves I'm Home' by Carol Brunt, which was a beautiful piece of fiction which I am sure will become a classic.
BigBrodieFan is offline   Reply With Quote