Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #2761
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

This seems like as good a thread as any to ask. This is kind of vague but we're really not sure where we want to go so I'm throwing it out there. We have a week in November (11-17) to go on a trip but it has to be through Westjet (due to a flight credit) and can't be all inclusive (flight credit again).

I know it's completely subjective but any suggestions? Vegas is an option but we've been, I've heard San Fran is nice that time of year but hotels seem a little on the pricier side. I'm really just not sure and am looking for some recommendations.
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #2762
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Arizona? Great Weather, can catch some sports and do some golf! Im going next Thursday.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #2763
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Also florida is same price as arizona normally and again lots of sports to watch and you get the ocean!
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fundmark19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #2764
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Westjet has an 'International Talk Like A Pirate Day' promo code to the Caribbean

link: http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/deal...20120919&mrd=0

Quote:
Save an extra 19% off* base fare on new online bookings when you travel to Antigua, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Port of Spain, San Juan, St. Lucia or St Martin/St Maarten from anywhere in Canada.

Ready for yer next adventure? Here's how to board this ship:

To redeem this offer, bookings must be made on westjet.com. Both the Promo code YAR12 and Coupon code W2FQLAQ are required at time of booking on the first page of the booking process.

Bookings must be made by September 19, 2012 (9:59 p.m. MT) for travel until December 12, 2012. Blackout dates are from October 4-9, 2012. Discount cannot be used towards the purchase of a WestJet Vacations package.*

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #2765
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Heading to Seattle on Saturday for the Monday Night Football game but have nothing else planned. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #2766
Eagle Eye
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hey Chris,

Are there any websites that allow you to pick a certain vacation package (dates, hotel ect), and will notify you of price changes?

I know there are sites that do this for just flights, but I am having troubles finding what I am looking for.

Thanks
Eagle Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #2767
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Hey Chris,

Are there any websites that allow you to pick a certain vacation package (dates, hotel ect), and will notify you of price changes?

I know there are sites that do this for just flights, but I am having troubles finding what I am looking for.

Thanks
I think TripCentral has something on their Trip Details page that allows you to sign up for alerts on price drops from the Canadian tour operators (all inclusive packages, etc). Click on 'Save to my Portfolio'. Although from looking at their form I get the feeling it's more of a manual process where they get one of their agents to manually check for you every now and then VS automatically monitoring the price data. I could be wrong though.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 09-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #2768
Eagle Eye
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks Sir
Eagle Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #2769
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
Heading to Seattle on Saturday for the Monday Night Football game but have nothing else planned. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Do you like whiskey?

http://www.fxmcrorys.com/whiskeybar.php
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #2770
Deelow
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
The Experience Music Project is pretty awesome. Notably the Hendrix and Nirvana exhibits.
http://www.empsfm.org/
Old 09-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #2771
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
This seems like as good a thread as any to ask. This is kind of vague but we're really not sure where we want to go so I'm throwing it out there. We have a week in November (11-17) to go on a trip but it has to be through Westjet (due to a flight credit) and can't be all inclusive (flight credit again).

I know it's completely subjective but any suggestions? Vegas is an option but we've been, I've heard San Fran is nice that time of year but hotels seem a little on the pricier side. I'm really just not sure and am looking for some recommendations.
Looks like she has her heart set on San Fransisco, so things to do? We'll be there Monday - Sunday and are looking at renting a little apartment at 135/night. Nice thing is a full kitchen so we can go to the fish market and cook up some fresh stuff ourselves. I see you an buy a citypass that gives you cable car and admission to the aquarium, alcatraz tour, and a couple museums.
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #2772
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Sounders are at home Saturday night. If you have any interest in soccer those games are a lot of fun. They have probably the best crowd in MLS. Another option is the Boeing factory in Everett (just north of Seattle). The Experience Music Project is great if you really like Nirvana/Hendrix and merely OK if you don't.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #2773
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Looks like she has her heart set on San Fransisco, so things to do? We'll be there Monday - Sunday and are looking at renting a little apartment at 135/night. Nice thing is a full kitchen so we can go to the fish market and cook up some fresh stuff ourselves. I see you an buy a citypass that gives you cable car and admission to the aquarium, alcatraz tour, and a couple museums.
Go to Tommasso's. Amazing Italian restaurant in North Beach.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney Crosby's Hat For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #2774
Guest1

Quote:
My husband dragged me to a tour of the San Fran baseball stadium. As someone who is bored to death of that game I thought it was going to suck.
But we had an awesome guide that was a baseball buff and told us some non-baseball stories (I think to entertain me...) and I had a pretty good time! Now whenever SF is on tv, I actually watch for a couple of minutes and remember our trip there. Pretty cool.

When we were on Alcatraz, they were doing training for all the canine units in the district, so the island was LOADED with cops! It gave it a weird "real" ambiance.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #2775
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Rangers are in town if you want to catch a Mariners game at Safeco.

Some good outlet malls if you have a rental car and can venture outside of the city.

Otherwise -- lots of shopping/restaurants downtown; typical tourist things include fisherman's wharf and the first starbucks.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #2776
IGGYFORMVP
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hi Chris, looking for a flight from vancouver to nadi , fiji. Dates are from approx. nov 8 untill Dec 1. The dates are flexible. Looking for the cheapest possible ticket, I don't mind doing the milk run. Thanks a ton.
IGGYFORMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #2777
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I DO like whiskey. That place looks kind of cool. I was already planning to hit a booze place called the Zig Zag.
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #2778
something
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any recommendations to offer for travel insurance?

I will be needing one year of coverage, and will be participating in various activities like scuba diving, backcountry skiing, surfing, etc...

I have checked out Blue Cross, who offers the most reasonable package for 579 dollars, though this is only good for 9 months. I can then extend (although with a different company) with World Nomads insurance, for the remaining three months, at a price of 270 dollars. Total for the year ends up being $850.

Price-wise, will I find anything better?
something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #2779
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
Westjet has an 'International Talk Like A Pirate Day' promo code to the Caribbean

link: http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/deal...20120919&mrd=0
Just wanted to say thanks for bringing this one up! Air Canada had something similar with 20 percent off flights and was able to scoop a couple flights to Jamaica round trip for $1450 after taxes and fees for my honeymoon.

Future wife is happy so I'm happy
Old 09-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #2780
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYFORMVP View Post
Hi Chris, looking for a flight from vancouver to nadi , fiji. Dates are from approx. nov 8 untill Dec 1. The dates are flexible. Looking for the cheapest possible ticket, I don't mind doing the milk run. Thanks a ton.
Basically just need to do a flexible search on Kayak. Will cover all the airfares on that route...

http://www.kayak.com/flights/#/YVR-N...12-01-flexible

Looks like the bottom is currently around $1650ish roundtrip after taxes.

You could try keeping a watch on flights out of LAX (generally the cheapest origin city to Fiji from North America), but it would probably need to go sub $1000 to make it worth it (after adding the cost of the flight from Vancouver or Bellingham to the Los Angeles area)