Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-05-2019, 12:20 AM   #1
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:
Default Leaving Neverland - New Michael Jackson abuse doc

It is tough to see your musical hero's exposed for what they were, but this documentary is a must watch if you were ever one of the many who gave him the benefit of the doubt because of your love for his music.

These men who finally spoke up deserve a lot of praise, anyone who dares speak against Michael Jackson has traditionally been viciously attacked, at least Oprah has taken a public stand to side and support these men.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:34 AM   #2
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Michaels $500m estate lawsuit in 3..2..
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:51 AM   #3
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

It is truly sad people jump to that conclusion, these 2 boys are utterly convincing and their hurt and pain is so hard to watch.

This is a long pattern of abuse that like R Kelly was overlooked because people go out of their way to imagine the innocence of their stars.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:43 AM   #4
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Watching part 1 now. It's really disgusting. It was clearly a calculated grooming.

The scene with Jimmy Safechuck shaking while showing off his "wedding ring" and other jewelry that MJ paid him in exchange for sexual activities is awful.

10 Undeniable Facts About the Michael Jackson Sexual-Abuse Allegations
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...se-allegations
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 07:05 AM   #5
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

what platform is the show available on?

sad to think those parents sold their children like that.
Old 03-05-2019, 07:08 AM   #6
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hbo
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:18 AM   #7
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's on Crave if you subscribe to that (like most HBO content).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:56 AM   #8
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

The recent publicity around this show got me doing some reading about Jackson and watching videos of performances and interviews on Youtube. I know it's a bad idea to read the comments on Youtube... but man, there are so many deluded people out there. All of the most popular comments - comments liked by thousands - deny he did anything to these kids. They also deny that he whitened his skin or had plastic surgery in an effort to dramatically change his appearance.

I remember what a sensation Jackson caused when Thriller broke - I was 13 when his legendary Motown 25 performance was broadcast, and it was my generation's Beatles on Ed Sullivan Show moment. But I never really knew much about the guy until my bout of reading and watching interviews in the last few days. What a messed up childhood and life this guy had. By the time he was 16 or 17 he was a stew of pathologies. Celebrity is so toxic.

I'm not sure these guy's parents knew what was going on. But people in Jackson's camp must have known.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 09:04 AM   #9
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm shocked by the YouTube comments as well. Breaking like 90% in favor of Jackson, unbelievable. The lengths people will go to to defend a pure predator like this guy just because they like Billie Jean is disturbing.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DiracSpike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 09:10 AM   #10
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

What do you guys expect, people are wired to defend to the death a leader or celebrity that they like or admire no matter what the evidence is. They're willing to completely reshape the narrative to defend their stars.

This is no difference.

We've seen it with artists and athletes and political figures. Why, because something they've said or done or created or produced resonates at a extremely deep level and can sometimes be life changing.

If you're a MJ fan, that music changed your life in a deep and profound way and because of that you've created a illustration of the person that created that music.

We can absolutely judge those people in the worst popular way, with how can you support him, he's a pedo. But their response is mentally, there's no way that someone who makes that music that hits me in the soul could be that bad so these accusations have to be fabricated/

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:11 AM   #11
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you haven't seen Martin Bashir's documentary from 2003 it's a good watch as well. Here's part one, they are all on Youtube. I haven't seen this new one, but I kinda thought a lot of this stuff was already known, Martin goes into it a lot.

Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #12
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, to be very very clear here I'm not in any way shape or form trying to justify his behaviour. What he did was truly horrible.

Given what we know about his childhood, the abuse he suffered at the hands of his father and the fact he basically entered a state of arrested development AND the fact that the people around him protected him, over and over again and he was never told to stop, how much of this tragedy should lay at the feet of those around him?
Old 03-05-2019, 10:07 AM   #13
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
So, to be very very clear here I'm not in any way shape or form trying to justify his behaviour. What he did was truly horrible.

Given what we know about his childhood, the abuse he suffered at the hands of his father and the fact he basically entered a state of arrested development AND the fact that the people around him protected him, over and over again and he was never told to stop, how much of this tragedy should lay at the feet of those around him?

Fair question, but then, none of his brothers turned out this way.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:38 AM   #14
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Watching part 1 now. It's really disgusting. It was clearly a calculated grooming.

The scene with Jimmy Safechuck shaking while showing off his "wedding ring" and other jewelry that MJ paid him in exchange for sexual activities is awful.

10 Undeniable Facts About the Michael Jackson Sexual-Abuse Allegations
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...se-allegations
Finished Part 1 last night. I too was shook by that scene with the jewelry. That story is going to be burned in my brain forever. I want to watch the rest, but the first two hours upset me more than I expected.

Thanks also for sharing the article. From the 10 facts:

Quote:
4. Michael Jackson suffered from the skin discoloration disease vitiligo. Jordie Chandler drew a picture of the markings on the underside of Jackson’s penis. His drawings were sealed in an envelope. A few months later, investigators photographed Jackson’s genitalia. The photographs matched Chandler’s drawings.

6. Jackson had an extensive collection of adult erotic material he kept in a suitcase next to his bed, including S&M bondage photos and a study of naked boys. Forensic experts with experience in the Secret Service found the fingerprints of boys alongside Jackson’s on the same pages. Jackson also had bondage sculptures of women with ball gags in their mouths on his desk, in full view of the boys who slept there.
Wow.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:44 AM   #15
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
The recent publicity around this show got me doing some reading about Jackson and watching videos of performances and interviews on Youtube. I know it's a bad idea to read the comments on Youtube... but man, there are so many deluded people out there. All of the most popular comments - comments liked by thousands - deny he did anything to these kids. They also deny that he whitened his skin or had plastic surgery in an effort to dramatically change his appearance.
I've been kind of lurking posts on Twitter and the MJ apologists have been absolutely swarming people who tweet anything against MJ or about this show. It's creepy as heck and boy howdy, people get very over the top scary worked up about it.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #16
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I had no idea it was two parts. Which part did I watch? It was 2 hours long. I'm assuming it was part 1. Gonna have to go back and watch p2 on demand.

All I have to say is that watching a grown man describe, in great detail, his sexual exploits with MJ, including very specific descriptions of oral sex and ejaculating on a 7 year old's face, was highly disturbing.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 03-05-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #17
CorbeauNoir
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I had no idea it was two parts. Which part did I watch? It was 2 hours long. I'm assuming it was part 1. Gonna have to go back and watch p2 on demand.
The whole thing is 4 hours, part one ends with both of them talking about how MJ had transitioned over to new favourite boys once they started getting older. Part two gets more into MJ's court cases and why they testified in his defense.
CorbeauNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #18
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Michael Jackson Gets Banned by Quebec Radio Stations

https://exclaim.ca/film/article/mich...Wty3IAAfHAtHbQ

I have conflicted feelings about this; can we separate the person from their art? I really like Off The Wall (more than Thriller). I feel differently now about Bowie, now that I learned about his relationships with minors.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #19
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Should they or the people who own the rights to MJ's, Bowie's, etc. music profit off a pedophile?
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:09 PM   #20
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've learned the hard way to seperate the person from the art. I can still watch the Cosby Show, and enjoy it, while hoping he rots in jail.

Same here. I reserve the right to jam out to Beat It. But it's undeniable the horrible stuff he did

Last edited by btimbit; 03-05-2019 at 02:13 PM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post: